I R now Leet.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Yup folks, I have now successfully installed Ubuntu on my box. Weeeeee.
I'm not using it now however...

I've still got a few bugs to work out... mainly how to get the damn thing to recognize my modem so I can connect to the internet and trouble shoot my sound card... and blah blah blah.

On the bright side, I'm quite happy with the results. Also, I installed it from a pressed CD, I received in the mail. I've got a few extra, so if you want one, I'll check how much it costs to send it to where ever you are, and maybe, I'll just be a nice guy, and pass it on. I've got 4 extra AMD64 versions and 9 extra x86 versions. PM me if you want me to send ya one. :thumbsup: As was also recently posted by Tze I think, You can go to the Ubuntu website and order them Like I did.

The CD version comes prepackaged with freeware like xChat, Firefox, and some other programs I've not investigated yet. Installation is super simple. :thumbsup:

I thought I had a thread about linux hating my computer, but it has either been deleted or moved or whatever, so I'll update this as I find solutions or don't find solutions and get frustrated. But, I've got a good feeling about this. :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Nothing new to report. I still have no idea how to get my modem to work on Linux... I may just look for a linux/windows compatible modem.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
It would be grand if you sent me one. I've been waiting for on from the website for like 3 months now. :(