Offbeat I, robot?

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I, robot? Rich Russian reveals wish to live forever as a machine

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6998105/Russian-millionaire-to-live-forever-as-robot.html

Internet businessman Dmitry Itskov, 35, is sponsoring a group of scientists aiming to create a “human” that never dies by 2045.

The “2045 initiative” aims to upload the human personality to a robot.

They believe the brain operates in the same way as a computer and can be transferred to a variety of bodies.

So what do you think guy's, is this possible? . . . and if it were, would you even want to live forever in a machine?

Last edited by a moderator:

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Natural order doesn't exist anymore for the humans, that's not the real problem.
Surviving your loved ones is one of the most painful things on earth, that's it.

• 2Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
If you were going for a movie reference, try Transcendence.

I'd say it's possible, if at least plausible. Most of what we are, say, and do is electrochemical signals anyway, and muscular-skeletal responses to sensor input. The challenge would be dealing with intuity, and indeed the prospect of outliving everyone you care for. Provided of course that by then you still understand the concept of both caring for someone and then losing them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
If you were going for a movie reference, try Transcendence.

I'd say it's possible, if at least plausible. Most of what we are, say, and do is electrochemical signals anyway, and muscular-skeletal responses to sensor input. The challenge would be dealing with intuity, and indeed the prospect of outliving everyone you care for. Provided of course that by then you still understand the concept of both caring for someone and then losing them.

Yeah Transcendence was pretty good, it reminded me of that too, it's just I didn't want to keep talking as I was trapped in bold.

I know what your saying and a lot (not all) scientists say it...

I was arguing with a bio chemist about what love is, he was like love is Mx + Fy = MxFy and I was like no that's just what happens after

BridgetteH

Particinator
He's going to become one lonely, sad motherfucker with only an ego left to stroke.
And at the rate we're going, the world is headed to a bad place and fast, and I don't want to be around a few centuries later when all hell breaks lose.

And people that hate him are going to be like:
y5mo.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like

debbon ucross

Hoodrat

I really find this to be frightening. define Real, Bina48. I think it will be artificial at first with personality downloaded, but eventually our entire bodies cloned with memory installed, with artificial internal organs to make you live for hundreds of years but have an unlimited supply on hand.

• 1Like

Unforgiven

That Guy
The only reason I would want to live forever is so I can sit back and laugh while humanity destroys itself.

• 1Agree