WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I think I broke my tailbone

ferengi

Yay fire!
Today I was riding a horse. She was getting very pissed off at me. She's a very high-strung horse, and I've been working on her patience and on slowing her down. For example if she picks up a trot when I've only asked her to walk we'll stop, back up about 10 steps, and sit there for a few minutes. If she takes a step forward without me telling her to, we back up some more and sit there even longer. She's been making really good progress, and has been getting more and more patient.

Well, apparently today she was in a bad mood or something. She tried to buck me off three times. No big deal, really. I've had horses buck on me before, and it's not too big of a problem for me to stay on. Well, after she tried bucking me off, she reared up almost falling backwards onto her back with me on her. When she reared up, I came up out of the saddle and slammed back down onto the cantle before she came back down. I instantly felt a severe pain in my tailbone, and could have sworn I heard a crushing sound. It hurt so bad I had to get off and take a break. I got back on later and worked with her some more.

It's been a few hours and the pain still hasn't subsided. It's excruciating just to sit down. Anybody ever broken their tailbone before? Maybe I should go to the hospital and have an x-ray done.

bnccoder

Postaholic
You probably did break it. If you go in and have it x-rayed they will give you some pain killers and send you home.

ferengi

Yay fire!
bnccoder said:
You probably did break it. If you go in and have it x-rayed they will give you some pain killers and send you home.
So I'd probably just be better off taking some tylenol and staying home? Doesn't surprise me. I hate doctors. I've yet to meet one that knows wtf they're talking about.

bnccoder

Postaholic
You would get better meds if you went in. They also might give you an antiinflamitory. How many of the ER nurses know you now?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
If you ave broken it, I hear they have to flush it out, which hurts like..a muthafucker! :confuse:

I would'nt know a thing about breaking a bone (luckily never have), but its best to go in anyway, you never know what they might say. Better safe tha n sorry!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
meh_it_all said:
If you ave broken it, I hear they have to flush it out, which hurts like..a muthafucker! :confuse:
nope, they dont flush it out, there are plenty of bones that break in eveyday life that dont even hurt, or they dont even care about, its like your nose, you break, they'll either smack it back into place or tell you to give them money.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I'm still hurting. No doctor for me though. I've got better things to do, like post on WTF! :thumbsup:

The pain has subsided a little. It hurts for me to sit down and stand up, but if I stay in the right position while sitting the pain is less intense.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Well, sometimes they do have to flush it out, because it happened to my brother. But ferengi you should have it looked at, or don't and just sit out the pain! :p

bnccoder

Postaholic
ferengi said:
I think I'll do that.

Yeah, I'm that much of a hard-core badass. :p :cool:
You just don't want to see the weekend crew of nurses at the hospital. :p

jeth

Stealth
getting your tailbone hurt sucks, it feels like a bunch of monkeys hummping ur back with knives