WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I think i popped a blood vessel!!!

MetalHead

Clitpickle
Well two nights ago I was getting a drink when I suddenly had to sneeze. I tried to swallow the water quickly but to no avail. I sneezed and shot the water across the room. When i sneezed though I suddenly had this excrutiating pain building up from neck and up to the top of my head. This pain lasted for about thirty minutes, coming in wave after insufferable wave. Even worse however, even after the pain had dulled enough that I could do more then lie in bed with ice held to my head, my neck was throbing and sore and my head was still thumping occaisionally (sp?). A hot shower and some mussle-rub did little to stop the pain. I finally got to sleep, a feat in itself since when it started I couldn;t stand or walk, for the pain. I awoke the next day with a killer head-ache and a very sore neck, and had to deal with it all day. Advil and Tylenol didn't kill this pain... anyway, the head-ache and sore neck have faded enough that i can live. I think that's all...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
your prolly going to die.. get your affairs in order and do whatever you want... steal a million bux.. kill a hooker and park in the handicapped spot..

Darklight said:
your prolly going to die.. get your affairs in order and do whatever you want... steal a million bux.. kill a hooker and park in the handicapped spot..

....OR you could go to a doctor....

MetalHead

Clitpickle
At first I thought that it might be serious, and that I could very well die (i have known many people to die of an anuerism)(sp?). But after the pain subsided I decided it must not have been serious. Anywho, it's been two days and I haven't had much more pain so I think it may finally be over.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
It sounds like the way the water contracted in your throat might have caused it. I don't think it was a blood vessel though, you probably put some serious cramps in your neck muscles. It would certainly explain why it moved to your head, and why it felt like it was "coming in waves."

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
on a sorta related note sometimes I sneaze so hard I thrust the muscles in my arms and it my hands and forearms hurt for a few minutes... like nailbomb said maybe it was just some overstress thing..

MetalHead

Clitpickle
I had considered that it may have been seriously cramped neck muscles, something with the stress in my neck, or perhaps a conveniently timed migrain, however when the muscle rub and pain relievers did nothing I assumed it was something else. Also, the hot shower actually increased the intensity of the pain, which would go hand in hand with a popped blood vessel. Heat causes the blood vessels to expand and the heart rate to rise, so if I had popped a blood vessel in my head or neck it would have caused more blood to come from the vessel placing more pressure on nearby muscles, nerves, or even my brain.

Descent

Hella Constipated
MetalHead said:
Well two nights ago I was getting a drink when I suddenly had to sneeze. I tried to swallow the water quickly but to no avail. I sneezed and shot the water across the room. When i sneezed though I suddenly had this excrutiating pain building up from neck and up to the top of my head. This pain lasted for about thirty minutes, coming in wave after insufferable wave. Even worse however, even after the pain had dulled enough that I could do more then lie in bed with ice held to my head, my neck was throbing and sore and my head was still thumping occaisionally (sp?). A hot shower and some mussle-rub did little to stop the pain. I finally got to sleep, a feat in itself since when it started I couldn;t stand or walk, for the pain. I awoke the next day with a killer head-ache and a very sore neck, and had to deal with it all day. Advil and Tylenol didn't kill this pain... anyway, the head-ache and sore neck have faded enough that i can live. I think that's all...

This is the only picture on the net I could find of a Japanese animated character without an impending anyuerism while angry.

So consider yourself lucky you're not Japanese.