WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I want him....

magnolia

Postaholic
There's this guy at work named Jesse and he's just the biggest sweetheart out there. Not like, omfg hot, but he's cute to me. But I can't get the guts to ask him out. We talk all the time. But I just can't get up the nerve. What do u guys think I should do?

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
magnolia said:
There's this guy at work named Jesse and he's just the biggest sweetheart out there. Not like, omfg hot, but he's cute to me. But I can't get the guts to ask him out. We talk all the time. But I just can't get up the nerve. What do u guys think I should do?
well ASK HIM OUT!!! fuckin tardo

darksinner

the big green demon
keep talking to him

find out what he likes and every now in then ask him what if questions

(you) what if i wanted you you know shit like that
i dont know sometimes bluntness scares guys away and sometimes shyness does the same thing

mainly get to know him better

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Ask him to hang out with you and your buddies. Ask him to lunch on your lunch break. That should break the ice. Make the first date a casual get together. You'll know how he feels with how he acts with you when out with friends. Don't ask him to dinner cause that makes things too pressured for you if you are nervous. After hanging out with him on this pseudo-date, asking him on an official date won't be so hard. One way to suggest a date is to ask him if he wants to see a movie. Tell him what movie you are planning on seeing so it seems more like you are just asking him for his company. Then as the night goes by you two may actually end up going on an official date (dinner after movie).

Good luck!

magnolia

Postaholic
Thanks. There's a county fair comming up. Maybe I can ask him to hang with me there. Who knows.

magnolia

Postaholic
The one other thing though is there's this guy I've kindof been seeing over the net for about a month and a half. :( I like him A LOT. But he's so far away. :cry: What to do? What to do?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
One question.... how do you kinda see someone over the net...?
But you know how what people say. Long distance relationships seldom work.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
how old are you? considering you met this guy at work, you cant be under 21. So, with that in mind, forget the internet guy. Keep him as a friend, a confidant, whatever, but in all reality, and in personal experience, long distance relationships DONT WORK, especially if the primary means of them being maintained is over a phoneline or internet connection.

This Jesse guy? Ask him out to a casual dinner. Nothing fancy, nothing you need to wear the stronger deoderant and shave your nether regions for. Just a casual, hey you hungry? Wanna get a bite somewhere? This will give you a chance to actually sit and talk, and be somewhere away from the work environment which will you give you both a chance to act naturally and yourselves. Good luck.

magnolia

Postaholic
I'm actually 17/almost 18, as is Jesse. And you have some great advice. Thanks

darksinner

the big green demon
mmm dinner and a movie :)
btw my name is jesse lol

but im not your jesse

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
darksinner said:
mmm dinner and a movie :)
btw my name is jesse lol

but im not your jesse
DUH DUH DUH the plot thickens!

forget about jesse and buy a plane ticket to see your internet guy :p

magnolia

Postaholic
hehe. Too much money....:cry: Otherwise I would. But Jesse is such a sweety. Unfortuately I won't see him for a week cuz he's going to WI Dells. :( I dunno. I'm torn. Internet guy I'll maybe see once or twice, or Jesse, who I can see all the time.....choices choices....

Bitch

Premium
magnolia said:
hehe. Too much money....:cry: Otherwise I would. But Jesse is such a sweety. Unfortuately I won't see him for a week cuz he's going to WI Dells. :( I dunno. I'm torn. Internet guy I'll maybe see once or twice, or Jesse, who I can see all the time.....choices choices....
Sounds like a difficult choice. Think realistically here though. Have you actually met this internet guy? Have you been on dates with him? Online, people can be one way, but a totally different person in person. I'm not saying he's a lying jerk in person but you might find that certain things about his personality don't come out online, but they might find in person that you can't stand. He sounds like a nice guy the way you talk to him; but if you haven't met him, I'd advise you be careful of that decision. If you have met him in person then it's a different story.

Meanwhile, this Jesse you've seen in person. You work with him. You know his personality at least enough to say you like him. There's less mystery in who he is. He might have quirks and personality flaws, but they'll be out in the open for you to discover before you get too terribly dissapointed. Plus, he's there. He's available to you. The internet guy is not available for you to see when you want or if you need to see him. Jesse is there where you can find him in person. Again, if you did meet the internet guy and he cares for you just the same, then you have some deciding to do between which you'd prefer.

magnolia

Postaholic
Well, I haven't seen the internet guy in person ever. And that's kindof the thing I've been dealing with. I don't wanna give up on the internet guy cuz I like him, but he's so far away. I almost feel like I'd be cheating on him though if I did anything with Jesse.

Bitch

Premium
I hate to break this to you, at least my feelings about this are you can't possibly be having a relationship with someone you've never met. I know you like him. I'm sure online he's awesome but you don't TRULY know him. He can't meet your needs online, he can remain anonymous as well. I would say you are not going to be happy chosing someone you've never met before. It's easy to fall for someone online, but having a relationship with someone you've never met is not a true relationship. It's one think if you've hung out with him and know him in person first but he's so far away, the only way to talk to him is through the internet. But this is not the case. You've NEVER met him. So tell me honestly, how can you really have a relationship with someone you've never met or even touched?

I've been there. I've talked to this guy online and seriously enjoyed his conversation and attention. It was like an obsession to talk to him. I really liked him, but I already had a boyfriend. I stayed with my boyfriend and never looked back. My boyfriend is real. He's flesh and bone. I can see him, touch him, smell him, hug him, kiss him, talk to him face to face, go places with him, look in his eyes, watch him smile, watch his face as he tells jokes. All these are things you'd miss with someone from online. Not to mention someone online AND far away.

Sod

Spilly Talker
magnolia said:
The one other thing though is there's this guy I've kindof been seeing over the net for about a month and a half. :( I like him A LOT. But he's so far away. :cry: What to do? What to do?
just to let you know, over the net is fucking stupid, doesn't mean anything, especially from far away, someone could act anyway over the internet, just go fer jesse and fuck him like a wild monkey in heat

magnolia

Postaholic
hahaha. He might not be into "fucking like a wild monkey in heat". hehe. He's just a Little bit shy.

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
magnolia said:
long distance, over the Internet realationships r not smart, i say go 4 the 1 you know, at least u have SEEN him and KNOW wat he looks like and how he acts, the long distance guy you dont know WAT he looks like, he can be a raper 4 all u kno. im not trying to offend u or him, im just staying stick with a person u can see and trust. ask him out, and if he says no, well then sux 4 him cause u seem like a pretty cool gurl :p