WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I want out

magnolia

Postaholic
My home life is shit. I want out. All that ever happens lately is yelling. My mom is yelling at all of us for whatever reason she can think of. She's calling me selfish, and lazy and she said I never do anything around here. I want to leave so bad. All this came up because My brother was sleeping on the sofa until 12:30 and as I'm leaving to go to the beach to bring my sister a popsicle, because it's 96 degrees out and she has to work in the sun there all day, she said maybe I should take Willy with me. Well, I was already out the door and his eyes weren't even open and I'm tired of having to wait an extra hour to go anywhere because someone always wants to go but then I have to wait for them to get ready. So I took the dog and said I was leaving because I didn't want to wait for him to wake up and get ready. (We weren't even going to go swimming at all. All we were gadda do is bring the popsicle and then leave.)

So now she's been yelling at me for the last hour because I didn't take him and nobody ever wants to take him. He's 10 years younger than me. He isn't going to be my best friend. Plus, I took him to the beach all last weekend and he didn't even swim or anything. And I've taken him bowling and offered to take him to the movies several times.

She's calling me lazy wich isn't true because I do more around this house to help her than anyone else. I even went out and helped her empty the car after she went shopping this morning. I call her from work and ask if she needs anything from the store on my way home. I take care of the dogs. I go to the grocery store when she needs something for dinner. I go and get her a paper if she needs it. I wash the cars. I clean the house. I never get a thank you. Never ever. I just get bitched at.

And when I try to tell her something she won't listen. She just starts yelling again. She tells me that she's sick and tired of me not wanting to be a part of this family. Well, when she's acting like this, why would I want to? I'm so glad that I'm leaving in a month for college. It seems like such a long time away. I think I'm just going to have to lock myself in my bedroom until I leave cuz that's the only way I can get away from her. She took away my ability to drive anywhere except work "until she feels like letting me drive again". I wish I had somewhere to go for a month. But I don't.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm dead serious about this.

Pin her down. Duct tape her mouth shut. Yell in her face and see how she likes it.

At the same time, yell all your problems to her.

She'll get the fucking point.

As an alternative, steal your fucking car keys back and leave. If she bitches pay her back somehow.

Whoa! Is your mom menopausal, or has she always been like this? She sounds like a real piece of work, Mags. Look on the bright side, though: you get to leave in a month, so hang in there!

Hehe, we should have a thread (if there isn't one already) dedicated entirely to Menopausal Moms. I'm sure lots of us have some good stories about motherly meltdowns.

magnolia

Postaholic
Her doctor told her she wasn't in menopause yet. And she's always been this way. It's just gotten much worse lately. I think the heat is getting to her too even though she spends all day in the ac.

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Wow. Sounds like...well...sounds like my mom. :/

I feel your pain, hun. At least you're leaving in a month...I still have over a year...

Some advice: just don't try to focus on the fact that there's still a month until you leave. Keep busy and distract yourself and the time will go by faster.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
thats moms for you

i could tell you stories of the things my mom use to do but ill spare you

as shitty as this advice is - you need to put up with it until you can move out :-/. dont let her attitude effect you - just try to ignore it best you can. im not sure how she is but you can always try and talk to her and tell her how you feel and how she upset you

/me gives hugs

feel better!

bnccoder

Postaholic
When you're gone she will realize just how much you do around the house and appreciate you more. Don't let her get to you untill then.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
bnccoder said:
When you're gone she will realize just how much you do around the house and appreciate you more. Don't let her get to you untill then.
ijmd runk b uyt that s bot true!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
mags, she could be getting worse b/c she realizes you are leaving for college soon and this is her way of dealing with it. (denial)