WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I want to be a DJ, but need some help.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
Okay, I was talking to some of my friends and we (finally) decided to put together an internet radio talk show. We have shoutcast set-up on this comp, but we have no idea how to get it working after that. I know you hav to have a server, but I don't know how to get one, or what it costs. another idea we had was to go on a radio station, like www.rantradio.com, but they won't answer our e-mails, so can anyone recomend a radio station that will host us?

Jung

???
Premium
For Shoutcast, RTFM it's not that hard. For hosting, I'd suggest www.dreamhost.com; they're stable, offer a lot of features other hosts don't, offer full shell access and have awesome support. If the promotion is still going, you can order the yearly subscription for the "Crazy Domain Insane" package, enter code 777 and get your first year for $9 plus a free domain name. You only pay ~$9 a month after your first year.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
wow, thanks. 2400megs of space and 120 gigs of bandwidth should be more than enough. I'm gonna get this in the morning when I can get a hold on a credit card.