WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

i want to visit canada

morelos

lexicon incognito
considering i've been deprived of non-american soil my entire life, i'd like to visit our neighbor to the north as soon as possible.

i probably will go by car; due to the whole no job thing i have little extra money to spend right now. sadly, that means my red mustang project is stalled and my landscaping is not done (i.e. DIRT front and back).

i live in california. where should i go and what should i see? where should i stay? etc. WHEN should i go? is it insane to go to canada in early september?

~ dan ~

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
Take a drive up the coast and head to Vancouver (BC). It's a great drive, especially through Oregon, and Vancouver usually has great weather in September.

I know it's hard to believe, but it doesn't snow in Canada *all* the time. Vancouver and surrounding area basically has the same weather as Seattle. Vancouver is a beautiful city, but has terrible drivers. Oh wait, you must be used to that if you live in California. ;-)

--brad

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
#1...just dont go man..its not very thrilling up here..not much different other that a little less violent..i guess you live in cali though so it will seem like some open wonderland. BC is really nice unless you wanna see snow then come to manitoba in febuary

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
Hmm I don't recommend coming to Manitoba in February. It was -50c here last February, and my testicles are still thawing out.

--brad

yeah... go to Vancouver, british columbia... just cause... that's only 20 minutes away from me :p

as for a place to stay... check out the Hotel Vancouver... not sure how much it costs, but i'm sure it's quite expensive... it's got gargoyles on it

Sod

Spilly Talker
fuck all of that, come to Nova Scotia, party province of canada mo fucka!

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
Yeah they don't come any friendlier than "down East". I had a blast one summer working in Tiverton, great food and great people there! If I could find a job in Television somewhere in Nova Scotia (or any Atlantic province for that matter), I'd move in a heartbeat.

--brad

morelos

lexicon incognito
hm... honestly i think it gets too fucking hot down here.

lol one thing, though, is that california isn't the crazy densely populated place you guys seem to think. it's very open once you get away from the three major city centers (sacramento, san francisco, los angeles). wow.. i really do live in north mexico.. anyway, basically all 50m people are concentrated in those areas.

if it rains a lot and is cool, i would love to spend more than just a week there.

but yeah.. looks like van for a week. word to that. thanks for the advice!

~ dan ~

ps - where do they say "eh?"

Offalittle

Window Washer
I went in high school, back in 1984, and loved Canada. As some of the people have said already, drive up the coast. I live in CA also and there are some pretty cool sites if you head up the coast along the 1 and 101. You can/could take your car on the ferry accross to Victoria and then head up to Vancouver. Have fun.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I'll have to add to the positive votes on Vancouver. It's an amazing city. There's so much to do, and the locals are so helpful and wonderful.

I'll also have to suggest checking out Victoria Island if you get the chance to.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
what about a low buget flight to hawaii or some country that isnt next to you id say come to aust but it may be a little high on the budget. its an exelent place to visit.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hey!

I want to visit Canada too! Fill me in! I plan to move there as soon after I grow up (Only 15 now, can't wait to get out of America).

Sod

Spilly Talker
well, Halifax in Nova Scotia is really the spot to be, it's perfect, lots of friendly people, hot chicks, good parties all the time, decent bars everywhere, what more could you ask for, i've lived here my whole life (all 19 years lol) and i've evjoyed every minute of my 19th year of life