I wonder.....

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
Is anyone else here a little skeptical of the way children are consistently being brought up by having other people's values shoved down their throats. I cant see how an acutal true individual can come from someone who was told what was right and wrong and told what to believe from the begining. dont ask me how i plan to remedy this but if you think about it. most of us are copies of our parents, save a couple of insignificant differences in opinion. how can we ever know what we could have been had we been able judge things for ourselves. i undertand that a certain level of "parenting" is required like "dont eat the poison" and shit like that but, what to believe in, and what is right and wrong. i dont know maybe i'm crazy but i think its fucked up
 

Jung

???
Premium
14,206
2,465
637
when you grow up you figure out how to think on your own, albeit some more so than others. if you were never taught values how would you learn anything as a child? would you be comforatble letting your childs peers or tv teach him his morals and values? is it ok as a parent to step back and not correct your child. what do you do when they come home from school and make racist remarks or think violence is ok? i see you're point, i just don't understand the thought, if any, behind it.
 

Unforgiven

That Guy
11,086
702
562
i grew up with that shit shoved down my throat daily... my parents are strict christains, and they shoved their beliefs down my throat from day one.

in fact, it was only till about a year ago that i started to think on my own.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,346
1
0
Unforgiven said:
i grew up with that shit shoved down my throat daily... my parents are strict christains, and they shoved their beliefs down my throat from day one.

in fact, it was only till about a year ago that i started to think on my own.

Found this on my last visit to Colorado.
 

Unforgiven

That Guy
11,086
702
562
TwisT said:
Found this on my last visit to Colorado.

Yes... my salvation is at hand. :)

too lazy to find the picture, but i like the one that says

"Don't let worries kill you... let the church help."
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
like i said there are certain things that are a given that a child should learn but in my idea the other kids and tv are also a part of the problem i think the only thing that should be told to children are unbiased facts and in time they will formulate their own opinions
 

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
260
0
0
more like this.......lmao

Yea yea ...it's a lame photoshop but at least it tells the truth lmao...sry there twist thought that would be funny tho... :thumbsup:
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
bigck3000 said:
Is anyone else here a little skeptical of the way children are consistently being brought up by having other people's values shoved down their throats. I cant see how an acutal true individual can come from someone who was told what was right and wrong and told what to believe from the begining. dont ask me how i plan to remedy this but if you think about it. most of us are copies of our parents, save a couple of insignificant differences in opinion. how can we ever know what we could have been had we been able judge things for ourselves. i undertand that a certain level of "parenting" is required like "dont eat the poison" and shit like that but, what to believe in, and what is right and wrong. i dont know maybe i'm crazy but i think its fucked up
Well, progress has come anyway. Civil rights, sufferage, end of segragation, and now the rights of homosexuals are starting to come up.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,346
1
0
Clutchtwice said:
more like this.......lmao

Yea yea ...it's a lame photoshop but at least it tells the truth lmao...sry there twist thought that would be funny tho... :thumbsup:

Nice! :thumbsup:
 

Unforgiven

That Guy
11,086
702
562
Clutchtwice said:
more like this.......lmao

Yea yea ...it's a lame photoshop but at least it tells the truth lmao...sry there twist thought that would be funny tho... :thumbsup:

just change the sinners to hyppocrites (sp??) and you got it :thumbsup: