WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ibfstyles.com Is A Bunch Of Fucking Fucktards

hexstar

Fresh Meat
Ok, so I'm on staff with their forum...doing my best to moderate the forum and such, there's this guy Kris aka Dreamist who keeps picking fights with me, flaming me via PM and posts, and laughing at me and the staff doesn't do anything, but now today they sent me a IM and they all picked on me (all the management, picking out my quirks and mistakes (no one's perfect) and they aren't supposed to do that, they're supposed to set a fucking example for everyone><), saying I was the most imperfect person in the world and Kris just kept laughing his fucking pussy off at me, well guess what, FUCK YOU IBFSTYLES.COM, especially FUCK YOU KRIS YOU FUCKING FUCKTARD, GO TO HELL

I realize this thread may belong in the Bait and Tackle forum instead, I'm a n00b so go easy on me :p, plz move this thread to that forum if it's needed

care

asshole
looks like someone cant take the heat from the flames,

my advice would be to stay clear of the flames forum here,

anyways, welcome to wtf.com, im new here too

and i guess its custom to welcome someone with a phrase or complement using the world 'fuck'.

so....have a 'fucking' great day...man that was lame.

You can say something a little nicer than fuck. It just doesn't seem very welcoming without fuck.

Example:

Welcome, and piss off!

(see? That just isn't welcoming at all.)

Example 2:

Welcome, fuck you, and piss off!

(See, now that is a warm welcome.)

care

asshole
thanks for showing me the way, ill be better prepared next time after reading your very informative post.:)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
hexstar said:
I realize this thread may belong in the Bait and Tackle forum instead, I'm a n00b so go easy on me :p, plz move this thread to that forum if it's needed
You've put this in the right place. "Life sucks" is the forum to rant about any random shit that's eating at ya. Bait & tackle would be for flaming or just having fun with other members that would otherwise disrupt a thread somewhere else.

Now getting to your problem. You're right to be pissed, assuming this member was flaming you in forums that don't allow it.
Second would be the management's refusal to support your authority. I assume you don't have the ability to ban members, otherwise you would have done that.
Did you try discussing this with the admin and making sure they know the real extent of it?
As a moderator it's your responsibility to be impartial, and objective, but in return, the members need to have a certain amount of respect for your authority. Not to say they need to look at you like a cop, but they need to know that when you take any kind of action, or remind someone of the rules, you're just doing it or insure that everyone (including them) have the kind of experience that the admin has intended the site would provide.
Your admins need to realize they need to be the bite to your bark. If someone is being disruptive to the site, and undermining your authority, the admins need to stand behind you and take action. Without some way of enforcing site rules, and policy; it all goes down hill quick.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
max and broken have similar bouncing ball avatars.. how cute

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
so I'm a moderator on (insert your advertisement) and people pick on me.. maybe if you all read that people flame on each other at my site you will go there to increase my membership...

... hopefully this wasn't a lame attempt at spam.. seeings how its your first post... looks like it to me... but I have been wrong once before...
so...
if it is... :mfinger: nobody cares about your site
if it isn't ... then welcome... kick back... crack a beer and enjoy yourself.... just don't whine about being picked on..
Dan

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
hexstar said:
Ok, so I'm on staff with their forum...doing my best to moderate the forum and such, there's this guy Kris aka Dreamist who keeps picking fights with me, flaming me via PM and posts, and laughing at me and the staff doesn't do anything, but now today they sent me a IM and they all picked on me (all the management, picking out my quirks and mistakes (no one's perfect) and they aren't supposed to do that, they're supposed to set a fucking example for everyone><), saying I was the most imperfect person in the world and Kris just kept laughing his fucking pussy off at me, well guess what, FUCK YOU IBFSTYLES.COM, especially FUCK YOU KRIS YOU FUCKING FUCKTARD, GO TO HELL

Oh, fucking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

First off, if you are staff on a forum, then why be a bitch about it in another forum?

I want you to go to that forum, shove thier comments down thier throat.

Dont take that shit from people, you just look like a sissy, and people will feed on your pansiness.

Basically, grow some cahonas.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
hexstar said:

your at wtf.com your safe. welcome.

hexstar

Fresh Meat
MaxPower said:
You've put this in the right place. "Life sucks" is the forum to rant about any random shit that's eating at ya. Bait & tackle would be for flaming or just having fun with other members that would otherwise disrupt a thread somewhere else.

Now getting to your problem. You're right to be pissed, assuming this member was flaming you in forums that don't allow it.
Second would be the management's refusal to support your authority. I assume you don't have the ability to ban members, otherwise you would have done that.
Did you try discussing this with the admin and making sure they know the real extent of it?
As a moderator it's your responsibility to be impartial, and objective, but in return, the members need to have a certain amount of respect for your authority. Not to say they need to look at you like a cop, but they need to know that when you take any kind of action, or remind someone of the rules, you're just doing it or insure that everyone (including them) have the kind of experience that the admin has intended the site would provide.
Your admins need to realize they need to be the bite to your bark. If someone is being disruptive to the site, and undermining your authority, the admins need to stand behind you and take action. Without some way of enforcing site rules, and policy; it all goes down hill quick.
I've talked to the admins of the forum already but they don't care because the guy's friends with one of the forum owners><', to make matters worse even if he does get demoted to member he always somehow ends up back on staff, other people (staff) have been having similar problems with feeling like they were being abused in one way or another on the forum, some of which have left permanetly because of the abuse they recieved....I'm getting treated better cuz a really good friend of mine talked to the staff for me but I'm not sure for how long this'll last :(

hexstar said:

dude next time dont put the sites name. thats called spamming

Descent

Hella Constipated
I suggest you leave. Sites like that are a dime a dozen.

ok Adventure, you're clearly just shooting for fifty posts. This is your only warning.