If 2020 wasn't THE Worse Year ever ...

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
How was your 2001 bad? Did you get caught in the bubble?
For starters, over 400,000 IT jobs were sent overseas and I was never able to get back into the industry. I have been living in poverty ever since. I have tried other career paths, but nothing has ever worked for me. The last couple of years I have pretty much given up, so all the isolation of 2020 was normal for me. On the bright side, I spent less than $38 on gasoline in 2020.

• 2Sad
Reactions: 1 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
For starters, over 400,000 IT jobs were sent overseas and I was never able to get back into the industry. I have been living in poverty ever since. I have tried other career paths, but nothing has ever worked for me. The last couple of years I have pretty much given up, so all the isolation of 2020 was normal for me. On the bright side, I spent less than $38 on gasoline in 2020.
Tons of IT jobs here in my area,
plus all the skanks from silicon valley who cant afford the rent anymore has moved overseas where the other IT jobs are at.

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Tons of IT jobs here in my area,
plus all the skanks from silicon valley who cant afford the rent anymore has moved overseas where the other IT jobs are at.
How many of those jobs are entry level? There are always a few senior level jobs available in my area that "require" five or more years of recent experience because no one wants to "risk" hiring entry level positions. Also, there is no way I could afford to move to a place like California, where the cost of housing has increased ten fold in the last couple of decades, without already having a solid paying job. The real "risk" is spending your life savings living in a city while hoping to land a decent job that will pay the rent.

• 1Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Catastrophe averted, I grew a vagina reading this, then it went away. Phew.

Piro

Sorry, my yeast infection distracted me from your problem. Sorry, whats' depressing about 2 old people? I'm asumming i missed something.

• 1LOL

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
Cheer up millenia cunts. Here's a bit of motivation I found on AAAS Science. So 2020 wasn't the worst year to live. It just inconvenienced You. 😭😭😭😭

Ask medieval historian Michael McCormick what year was the worst to be alive, and he's got an answer: "536." Not 1349, when the Black Death wiped out half of Europe. Not 1918, when the flu killed 50 million to 100 million people, mostly young adults. But 536. In Europe, "It was the beginning of one of the worst periods to be alive, if not the worst year," says McCormick, a historian and archaeologist who chairs the Harvard University Initiative for the Science of the Human Past.

A mysterious fog plunged Europe, the Middle East, and parts of Asia into darkness, day and night—for 18 months. "For the sun gave forth its light without brightness, like the moon, during the whole year," wrote Byzantine historian Procopius. Temperatures in the summer of 536 fell 1.5°C to 2.5°C, initiating the coldest decade in the past 2300 years. Snow fell that summer in China; crops failed; people starved. The Irish chronicles record "a failure of bread from the years 536–539." Then, in 541, bubonic plague struck the Roman port of Pelusium, in Egypt. What came to be called the Plague of Justinian spread rapidly, wiping out one-third to one-half of the population of the eastern Roman Empire and hastening its collapse, McCormick says.

Historians have long known that the middle of the sixth century was a dark hour in what used to be called the Dark Ages, but the source of the mysterious clouds has long been a puzzle. Now, an ultraprecise analysis of ice from a Swiss glacier by a team led by McCormick and glaciologist Paul Mayewski at the Climate Change Institute of The University of Maine (UM) in Orono has fingered a culprit. At a workshop at Harvard this week, the team reported that a cataclysmic volcanic eruption in Iceland spewed ash across the Northern Hemisphere early in 536. Two other massive eruptions followed, in 540 and 547. The repeated blows, followed by plague, plunged Europe into economic stagnation that lasted until 640, when another signal in the ice—a spike in airborne lead—marks a resurgence of silver mining, as the team reports in Antiquity this week.

• 2Helpful
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Piro

What the heck??? I swear you are THE worse poster I've ever seen in ... EVER!
And I've been doing this loser-shit since 2004 or so.
GTFO, BS, the men are talking.

That first album wasn't too bad... My dad bought the cassette, and handed it down to me.
And (the cover) i swear that looks exactly like me in '97 when i woke up in Berkeley after a Frat party.... fucking to the T.

Fister, you should add this jam to your list... :roflmao:

Dude, I thought I was so cool before I remembered the first album I bought was April lavigne. Yep, I was totally kick ass and beyond reproach. Yeah, you guessed it, I woke up and realised, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Piro

Cheer up millenia cunts. Here's a bit of motivation I found on AAAS Science. So 2020 wasn't the worst year to live. It just inconvenienced You. 😭😭😭😭

Ask medieval historian Michael McCormick what year was the worst to be alive, and he's got an answer: "536." Not 1349, when the Black Death wiped out half of Europe. Not 1918, when the flu killed 50 million to 100 million people, mostly young adults. But 536. In Europe, "It was the beginning of one of the worst periods to be alive, if not the worst year," says McCormick, a historian and archaeologist who chairs the Harvard University Initiative for the Science of the Human Past.

A mysterious fog plunged Europe, the Middle East, and parts of Asia into darkness, day and night—for 18 months. "For the sun gave forth its light without brightness, like the moon, during the whole year," wrote Byzantine historian Procopius. Temperatures in the summer of 536 fell 1.5°C to 2.5°C, initiating the coldest decade in the past 2300 years. Snow fell that summer in China; crops failed; people starved. The Irish chronicles record "a failure of bread from the years 536–539." Then, in 541, bubonic plague struck the Roman port of Pelusium, in Egypt. What came to be called the Plague of Justinian spread rapidly, wiping out one-third to one-half of the population of the eastern Roman Empire and hastening its collapse, McCormick says.

Historians have long known that the middle of the sixth century was a dark hour in what used to be called the Dark Ages, but the source of the mysterious clouds has long been a puzzle. Now, an ultraprecise analysis of ice from a Swiss glacier by a team led by McCormick and glaciologist Paul Mayewski at the Climate Change Institute of The University of Maine (UM) in Orono has fingered a culprit. At a workshop at Harvard this week, the team reported that a cataclysmic volcanic eruption in Iceland spewed ash across the Northern Hemisphere early in 536. Two other massive eruptions followed, in 540 and 547. The repeated blows, followed by plague, plunged Europe into economic stagnation that lasted until 640, when another signal in the ice—a spike in airborne lead—marks a resurgence of silver mining, as the team reports in Antiquity this week.
Max, gotta admit , first time rough I tuned out a stoney pants. I totally get it the byway. Pro life rather than the fuckery of one more bullshit death ( awesome slogans totally gonna appear to the selfless, moralistic,u beustidully realised, nope fucked up a bit here, standards say go fuckyour unless you can suck a ball through a garden hose
L

Piro

Max, gotta admit , first time rough I tuned out a stoney pants. I totally get it the byway. Pro life rather than the fuckery of one more bullshit death ( awesome slogans totally gonna appear to the selfless, moralistic,u beustidully realised, nope fucked up a bit here, standards say go fuckyour unless you can suck a ball through a garden holiday

• 1Face Palm

Piro

Mummy, be the first to say first since so didn't make sense so fuck off

Piro

English is in there somewhere. I'm sure you'll find it if you look hard enough.
Being English, as in thorough bred, I've got a few allowances. Plus I've got generations of bad breeding and malnutrition from a nation as old as. Plus and minus, pros and cons, balance. Who needs good teath when you have exorbitant taxes to pay.

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D

I didn't see one mention of Scott Stapp in this post.
The Middle East may have been plunged into a 'fog', but did they plunge together with Scott Stapp?

Living with Scott Stapp >>> The Dark Ages >>> Middle Eastern Fog >>> WTF.com with Beautiful Sniper

Out2Lunch

☠️

Clear sign of man made global warming.

• 1Like
  • 1LOL
Reactions: 1 users