WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

If society urges everybody to be different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
Society urges everybody to be different, within certain boundaries. You can have different color clothes, as long as they're the style of whatever's trendy at the moment.

You can think for yourself, as long as you think like everyone else on your own.

You can drink any soda you want, as long as you want to drink the same soda as your friends.

etc. etc. etc.

I'm unique, just like everyone else.

hey i've never done what soceity labels as normal! i cross all boundries, no matter sex or creed! i have no limits or norms. so don't try to stick me in with "why are we all the same" thread! :)

zoloftcasserole said:
Since when does society urge people to be different?!
A few quotes I've seen around. The main one being "Always be yourself."

Also, a poster I once saw, with a caption that read "Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?"

Unforgiven said:
A few quotes I've seen around. The main one being "Always be yourself."

Also, a poster I once saw, with a caption that read "Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?"
In my experiences, saying it and actually meaning it are two different things. :happysad:

True.

But what's the point of saying it if you don't mean it?

If everyone was different, then nobody would be diferent right? Because everyone was different....
Please say you get that... hmmm

what did she just say? does she even know whats shes talking about?

Your average member of society is far too enclosed in the suburbs to know what being different truly is.

Yupp, i totally do. Okay - lemme give this one more shot...... if you're different, and different starts to become a "trend" - then everyone will be different. So, then you'd have to find some way to be different again.... it's a cycle I tell you A CYCLE! BWAH!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Society urges people to be in different cliques, not be different.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Jessica43999 said:
Yupp, i totally do. Okay - lemme give this one more shot...... if you're different, and different starts to become a "trend" - then everyone will be different. So, then you'd have to find some way to be different again.... it's a cycle I tell you A CYCLE! BWAH!
Everything nerds start becomes cool.

Magic: The Gathering?

Pokemon?

Anime?

Yep.

Unfortunately for you guys, the nerds who start this stuff are among the least cool people I know and downright fucking annoying. I hate their company.

I actually have not gotten into anime because I don't want to be seen in a discussion with these guys. Hey, it's just my local demographics. You have rich Italians, rich Jews, middle class people like myself, the ghetto kids, and then the ubernerd fags.

I might collect rare game systems and consoles, but that's only because I view many, many things as an art form and feel they must be preserved.

But I never debate the qualities of Pikachu vs. Charmander in my high school cafeteria. And that has happened more than once.

(Although as a game, Pokemon is brilliantly designed, and fixes numerous flaws with the RPG genre, but nobody takes it seriously these days...)

If it makes you feel better, I play my Silver version from time to time.

Descent said:
Everything nerds start becomes cool.

Magic: The Gathering?

Pokemon?

Anime?

Yep.

Unfortunately for you guys, the nerds who start this stuff are among the least cool people I know and downright fucking annoying. I hate their company.

I actually have not gotten into anime because I don't want to be seen in a discussion with these guys. Hey, it's just my local demographics. You have rich Italians, rich Jews, middle class people like myself, the ghetto kids, and then the ubernerd fags.

I might collect rare game systems and consoles, but that's only because I view many, many things as an art form and feel they must be preserved.

But I never debate the qualities of Pikachu vs. Charmander in my high school cafeteria. And that has happened more than once.

(Although as a game, Pokemon is brilliantly designed, and fixes numerous flaws with the RPG genre, but nobody takes it seriously these days...)
That stuff was never cool with me, or anyone I knew. No one and I mean NO ONE I know in LIFE has ever played Magic: The Gathering, or looked at anime.
Pokemons a diferent story- it was cool long ago.

Also

If everyone was different, then nobody would be diferent right? Because everyone was different....
If everyone was different, then no one would be the same. Therefore no one could ever break the chain of being different because there would be nothing to be the same with. And the fact that you thought too much about that, being the same is never gonna make you different.

hey i've never done what soceity labels as normal! i cross all boundries, no matter sex or creed! i have no limits or norms. so don't try to stick me in with "why are we all the same" thread!
1) Nobody ever said you weren't different...
2) Did we ask for an autobiography?

Society does not want everyone to be different! For the past little while it has been "in style" to be "defferent", but sadly this is just an ilusion. like emo kids. they like to be individuals by looking exactly the same as every other emo kid on the planet.
the very thing that society wants is for us to all have the same gap shirt to match with our Garage jeans.... just lately its been the same swoopy haircut to go with our argile sweaters.

Noob

Banned - What an Asshat!
This thread is old. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.