WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

If you could live in the world of your favorite movie or TV show, which would it be?

ib4

Error
Staff
Pretty straight forward post here. Its pretty common reaction that some humans fantasize about escape or fantasy in response to their stress or discontent. It's not limited to those two emotional situations though, I've experienced both. I've noticed if my stress levels are high, I seem to be more fascinated with some of my favorite sci-fi...even if I've seen it already!

Anyway, I have a hard time choosing one. I have two, if i could spend 24 hours in one of the cinematic worlds I've seen, it would be either:

1. Altered Carbon
  2. The Expanse
I don't know which I would chose though if I was given the option...i just know it would for sure be one of these.

How about you buttercup?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: MaxPower and Stardust

ib4

Error
Staff
Isn't the world destroyed so badly that people don't want to do anything except live through VR?
Precisely why it would be worth a 24 hour visit. The most real VR experience you could have! I don't think any of that 24 hours would be spent chillin in the post-apocalyptic wasteland portion lol

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
The first show that comes to mind is Dukes of Hazzard. After a little thought, maybe Sanford and Son. I don't know. I don't watch TV but those are two shows I used to watch and like when I was a kid.

Dukes of Hazzard: working with Cooter?

Sanford and Son: being one of Lamont's good friends and his dad hates me because I'm white? LOL Or maybe being black and part of the family. Probably Lamont's friend. Fred would eventually warm up to me because I'd bring a bottle of Ripple for allowing me to be a guest in his home. And that would lead me to bring beers and bourbon to share, help cook dinner and hang out once a week or so. Helping out in the junkyard if I have nothing better to do and I need to do something. I'm thinking it would be pretty cool to hang out with Fred Sanford.

• 2Like
  • 1LOL
Reactions: Jason, MaxPower and ib4

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
So, I have been watching the trailers for some of these on YouTube (Altered Carbon, The Expanse, Ready Player One). I had never heard of these, but now I want to see Ready Player One. The problem I have is that the kid in it says he wished he grew up in the 1980s. I did grow up in the 1980s, but I wish I grew up in the 1970s, before AIDS, Reaganomics, and Reagan's constant threat of nuclear war. :shrug:

• 2Like
  • 11UP!
Reactions: MaxPower, ib4 and BRiT