WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

If you hate getting blood drawn, you're a pussy.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I need monthly blood tests for liver toxcicity because I take Cylert for ADHD. Sound gross? Not really.

The night before I always fast. I ate so much Chinese food last night the fried contents of it could make a new arcade game, Ms. Blac Man.

So why are such pussies afraid of needles?

I've never thrown a fit getting a shot. EVER. When I could speak fluently, I understood that the pain from getting AIDS or the clap or whatever well outweighed the pain of a shot, and that they did help me.

True, the preservatives made me Autistic for many years, but I'm fine now so I don't really give a fuck and when my kids get shots they will be widely spaced apart, I don't want them having a shitty childhood like daddy.

That said, tell me why you are afraid of shots. Own up. Pussies.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Needles don't scare me at all.

Descent said:
The night before I always fast. I ate so much Chinese food last night the fried contents of it could make a new arcade game, Ms. Blac Man.
But I'll tell you what creeps me out. Someone that looks at everything as a video game.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I really don't mind being called a pussy. :rolleyes:

I don't like needles, because, It freaks the shit out of me with some metal going in my skin, involving blood..

I also, had a bad experience.
Most of some people it comes from bad experiences when they were little.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I used to be fucking terrified of needles. Then I had an asthma attack. They strapped me down, lubed up the thermometer, and shoved it up my ass pretty hard (I was pissing them off). Needles aren't scare me anymore when I go to the hospital.

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
I don't care about needles much either. I regularly have blood tests and I couldn't care less. The first time I was a bit nurvous but there isn't that much to get worried about. The people who take the blood (mostly) know what they are doing.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
I'm not scared of them..if so I would of never taken a tattoo ;)

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
screw_ball said:
I used to be fucking terrified of needles. Then I had an asthma attack. They strapped me down, lubed up the thermometer, and shoved it up my ass pretty hard (I was pissing them off). Needles aren't scare me anymore when I go to the hospital.
Wrong thread.

We didn't want to know when you realized you were gay.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
latinmaxima said:
i ain't scared either i donate blood on the regular.
I would do that too, but I'm to light :( I'm 18 and have good blood but..5kg to little :(

i remember in high school all the cheerleaders weren't allowed cause they were too little. they always got sent back to class.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
damn im shit scared on needles to date.whenever possible i take pills over injections even if it means i have to take medicine for like 10 days instead of like 1 shot.i have this phobia of needles being stuck anywhere in me man....i cant even watch another person gettin an injection.....:( even on tv

I used to be scared of needles. Having blood taken didn't bother me as much as having something injected, though.

Then I got a tattoo, so I can't complain now. /shrug

Descent said:
I need monthly blood tests for liver toxcicity because I take Cylert for ADHD. Sound gross? Not really.

I've never thrown a fit getting a shot. EVER. When I could speak fluently, I understood that the pain from getting AIDS or the clap or whatever well outweighed the pain of a shot, and that they did help me.

True, the preservatives made me Autistic for many years, but I'm fine now so I don't really give a fuck and when my kids get shots they will be widely spaced apart, I don't want them having a shitty childhood like daddy.

Needles don't really bother me. I give blood from time to time.

However, I still don't agree with "everyone who hates needles/having there blood drawn is a pussy." A lot of former drug addicts, can't stand needles, or are afraid it will lead them back down the wrong path. That doesn't make these people pussies. Or how about little kids that were traumatized by watching there parents shoot up. 9/10 times, they too are afraid of needles, I wouldn't call them a pussy for it.

Frankly, there are many reasons one might not like them/fear them. It doesn’t make them less of a person than you or me. The human mind can be a tricky thing, especially when it comes to fears, and dislikes. You can’t just push everyone into a category just because you don’t understand there reasons. Bottom line: You shouldn't judge people, based on a single like/dislike.

I think you're fucking confused. on second thought, you're just wrong, and have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you should do more research, or here's a better idea. USE SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
i dont mind getting blood taken.. I just like to make others bleed more :)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:

What the fuck? How the fuck...

Dude what the hell are you talking about?

You start out talking about having liver tests, then you talk about how much Chinese food, then you talk about not being afraid of shots because AIDS hurts, then we're on to you being autistic.

1. Autism doesn't go away. So you are either a. still autistic or b. never were.

2. There are no shots that keep you from getting HIV/AIDS or the clap.

3. What the fuck?

4. No seriously, what the fuck?

Why would you call people that are afraid of needles pussies? Some people have had bad experiences, others are just afraid. Some people are afraid of dogs, bats, snakes, caves, heights etc...

Being afraid doesn't make you a pussy.

Slacker

Postaholic
Don't judge a book by it's cover.:thumbsup:

I never hated needles but I am still scared of them scared of them.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I don't dislike getting them, but I don't like getting them either... I mean - Who really cares if you're getting poked with a needle? It's much better than getting smashed over the head with a mallet, or falling on some spikes and losing a fucking life... Then you only have 2 men left and you're running around but then you fall on the spikes a few more times because they come shooting out of the ground and you can't see them when you run over them... Then it's all like "OUT OF CREDITS" ...

But seriously - I don't mind them, I don't like blood (So I guess I'm a pussy [but at least i get pussy, pussy]), but I think I just don't like feeling pain, or watching other people feel pain... And I believe they categorize people who enjoy watching people feel pain as "Inhuman" ...

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
they dont scare the shit out of me all you gotta worry about is the little prick feeling at the start then its all fineeeeeeeeeeee.

magnolia

Postaholic
The only time I got nervous when getting blood drawn was when I donated blood for the american red cross. They took forever to actually stick me and I psyched myself out cuz they said the needle would be bigger than one used to draw blood for tests. (Which I have no problem with usually.) But I started to breath better and it was all fine.