WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

If you work, do your job.

Noalear

uberNemesis
Has anyone ever called a tech support company? Try Dell, even if you dont have a problem. Call them. When your done with Dell, try Alienware. Try your Insurance Company. Call a local body shop. Call a lawyer, a police station, a car tint installer, radio shack, WHATEVER. If you have called these places to have work done, or to ask a question you KNOW what im going to say.

NO ONE DOES WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

Okay.. how does the world work? Insurance companies dont insure. Tech Support doesnt support. The President doesnt Preside. Who does all the work!? When I work somewhere, I do what is asked of me- MY JOB. I do it to the t and to the best of my ability. Then the owners son comes to work one day, takes a massive shit on the counter and gets a raise. I stay at the bottom and work my nuts off- and I get write-ups. My car gets broken into, That was the end of July and im still to see a check from the insurance company and I JUST got my car back last week. My tint was put on before i moved here to Arizona, and it was the worst tint install I have EVER seen in my life. The tint was actually hanging off on the sunroof, and there were bubbles allll over it. The glass cleaner was all over it leather doors and seats, permanently discoloring it.
Now my college (Collin's College in Tempe, AZ) is fucking me around. I am in the Game Design course. For Game Design you need a laptop, duh. I was supposed to get it last month, but they were doing upgrades. For you tech savvy people this is what they were upgrading my laptop to ..... ONE 1.2gb stick of ram. Yes, thats a single stick. If you know shit about computers you have already started chuckling. Now the reason is because Canadian Customs has them seized. Yesterday the new reason was because we were getting a workstation gpu instead of a 9700 mobility. I go to school in Arizona. Gateway manufacturing is in Kansas (Where I am originally from). Take a look at a map. You geography sauvy people are chuckling now.

JUST TELL US YOU SPENT OUR MONEY ON CRACK! well understand- right after we decapitate you.

I want you all to tell me about your awesome kick ass experiences with the real world.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
The calls were doing just like you said till local body shop. After that, I got exactly what I called for. Now my car's being worked on tomorrow, I'm $10,000 in debt, I've been arrested, cancelled the tinting, and Radio Shack actually helped me repair a stereo that I never even bought there. :happysad:

As for the work, that's AZ labor for ya. I'm telling you, the desert boils people's brains.

The tinting, well, I can't really sympathize with you there. It's not really needed, unless you're hiding from the police or something.

Collin's...oh jeez. Sorry, man. That place was basically built by former students of the same classes they now offer there. (For those of you who don't know, it's mostly art/game design/architectural type classes). Sure, they can teach you how to make a game, or take a picture of a beautiful woman, but that doesn't qualify them to run a school. Hope you enjoy putting up with stupid shit.

Well I called Alltel Tech Support to see if they can help me out with some probs that i have been having, but the just transferred me, then they transferred me, then they transferred me back. Then i said 'fuck this shit' and hung up. I called the campus plumbing place to get my sink fixed, because it's all clogged and shit. That was three days ago, called again today and they told me that it's going to take time. Where am i suppose to brush my teeth, wash my face and do my dishes... i hate former residences. Then my boss calls me at home while I’m studying and not in the same words -- tells me to be in this weekend or I’m fired. Fucker! Then the asshole who asked for my # calls at 2:30 in the morning, drunk, and asks for notes from a class. dum, dum. Well, that's me -- you can only do so much.

Nailbomb said:
The tinting, well, I can't really sympathize with you there. It's not really needed, unless you're hiding from the police or something.
Dude you obviously do not live in Arizona... basically it's essential if you want to live to see the next day... especially tempe.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
disdvschic said:
Dude you obviously do not live in Arizona... basically it's essential if you want to live to see the next day... especially tempe.
Hold your mouse over the flag on my posts for a second. Now, don't you feel stupid? :happysad:

Nailbomb said:
Hold your mouse over the flag on my posts for a second. Now, don't you feel stupid? :happysad:
Intresting for you to say that... you must be one of those guys that say inside all day and jack off in front of the A/C... or you simply do not own a car... but, don't get too hurt...kk

Jung

???
Premium
disdvschic said:
Intresting for you to say that... you must be one of those guys that say inside all day and jack off in front of the A/C... or you simply do not own a car... but, don't get too hurt...kk
You sound bitter, imo.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I didn't read all of the posts, or even all of the original post, but Tech support is bullshit.

The people on the tech support lines are made up mostly of people that aren't even qualified. Why? Because they have a list of the most common problems and the directions on how to solve these problems. They read this shit out to you to make you think they know what they are talking about. Tech support lines are geared more towards the people that know nothing about the product they have themselves.

Google it, you'll get more answers to your problems. :D

Unless the problem is you can't get online. :p

Jung

???
Premium
The people on the tech support lines are made up mostly of people that aren't even qualified. Why? Because they have a list of the most common problems and the directions on how to solve these problems.
Most people's problem is that they think tech support is somehow IT, which it's not. Tech Support is a customer support job like any other, albeit one with a very specialized skill set. Tech Support lackeys read from scripts, are NOT qualified to fix your problem and are probably just as dumbfounded as you are.

Noalear

uberNemesis
Hahaha, you live in Phoenix? Bullshit. I actually got mirror tint, it reflects like 60% of the light and heat, but you can still see through it extremely well. It keeps my care a shitload cooler, and thats a godsend since my A/C broke AS SOON AS I got down here! :mad: I was dring around in Glendale or Phoenix or something (shitload of mexicans and 99pesos stores) and it started smelling like shit, and then blew out hot fuckin air. Great. I come from Kansas originally.

So its 115 out and if you dont have tint, shit in your car melts. If you dont beleive me ill take pictures of my friends arm rests in his car. They melted completely off. --All the tinting work I had was from Kansas, land of the place where no one does their job.

Collins Colege is bullshit, I havent learned shit. Now I know why. It was a mistake coming here, unless I can somehow make games after this is over.

Back to the tint- It is also important for security. My car got broken into 3 times in 5 days. Stole the stereo, the ignition wires and ripped the door handle out. Bill Luke's Dodge did the repairs (bad decision, took 2 months and about 2 grand).

By the way, http://rt.pcrpg.org If ya see me driving around feel free to hit me and total my car, I need money like no other. **Insurance people- This is whats called sarcasm, if it really happens it is not set up, and I am not cheating you. And you can go lick my nuts.** I got my car on ebay for like $7.5k and right now, 20k mi. later, its worth $11k, without the wheels which came with it.

Jung

???
Premium
Collins Colege is bullshit, I havent learned shit. Now I know why. It was a mistake coming here, unless I can somehow make games after this is over.
Your mistake was deciding to go to a vocational school to learn software engineering.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
disdvschic said:
:rotflmao:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant.

Noalear said:
Hahaha, you live in Phoenix? Bullshit. I actually got mirror tint, it reflects like 60% of the light and heat, but you can still see through it extremely well. It keeps my care a shitload cooler, and thats a godsend since my A/C broke AS SOON AS I got down here! :mad: I was dring around in Glendale or Phoenix or something (shitload of mexicans and 99pesos stores) and it started smelling like shit, and then blew out hot fuckin air. Great. I come from Kansas originally.
That sucks, but you still don't need tint. Just roll your windows down a bit. That's all that's needed unless you're leaving your car outside in late July-mid September, in which case, no A/C means you're fucked no matter what.

Noalear said:
So its 115 out and if you dont have tint, shit in your car melts. If you dont beleive me ill take pictures of my friends arm rests in his car. They melted completely off. --All the tinting work I had was from Kansas, land of the place where no one does their job.
Sounds to me like your friend's car is shit. Thanks to lack of garage space, my car stays outside all day year-round, has stayed out all day year-round for 4 years, and not a single thing inside has melted. I've left CDs, CD players, VHS tapes, and cups inside my car, and not a one has melted or warped.

Noalear said:
Back to the tint- It is also important for security. My car got broken into 3 times in 5 days. Stole the stereo, the ignition wires and ripped the door handle out. Bill Luke's Dodge did the repairs (bad decision, took 2 months and about 2 grand).
Stay outta the barrio. :rotflmao:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Why do you think I'm going to try applying for a job at CompUSA?

I could easily get in and since nobody knows jack shit I could rise to the top of the technician ladder.

I've been in their backroom. It's full of retards. I can diagnose a hardware problem by turning on the fucking box and using it, yet these douchebags can't.

I used to use cheap parts, and they fucked up constantly. I know the symptoms of anything that's failing in a machine. Be it a chipset, sound card, power supply, whatever, I know it.

I've stripped out the shit, no more crappy motherboards, PSU's, or CPU's here.

My buddies call me over, not Dell or HP. I diagnosed a friend's problem in five minutes using my PC. His HP's Asus motherboard has a dead AGP slot, so I got him a Gigabyte board with a newer Intel chipset.

His 9600XT is sitting next to me now. Still works fully. I don't think he's ordered the motherboard yet, heh. The PCI Rage Pro I lent him is pulling it's weight.

Junglizm said:
Most people's problem is that they think tech support is somehow IT, which it's not. Tech Support is a customer support job like any other, albeit one with a very specialized skill set. Tech Support lackeys read from scripts, are NOT qualified to fix your problem and are probably just as dumbfounded as you are.
Word. I'm famous around town for getting it done in seconds and my blazingly fast sub-$1000 gaming machines that are almost MILSPEC reliable.

I'm qualified for both, so naturally they call me instead of some douchebag in India. Granted, she's a cute sounding douchebag but she ain't fixing my problem, she's fixing my dick with an erection.

"So...What's a megabyte...?"

"Eh meagabyte ees eh measuarment of..."

"Oh God, I'm done, thanks for your time!"

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Arizona must suck.

I hit a deer, as previously stated.

I phoned the police when I got home. The officer took my statement, and wrote out a report over the phone, without even seeing the accident. He dropped it off in the mailbox. The insurance lady told me to come in and sign one paper. That took a total of 30 seconds. I went to the body shop, and had an estimate written up and faxed to the insurance company. I got the check about 3 days ago. The body man is working me into his swamped schedule, and my computer does exactly what I want it to. So fuck Arizona, and move to Indiana, home of the people who get stuff done. :thumbsup: :happysad:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Or move to California - "If you don't like it, we'll legislate it!"

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Noalear said:
Has anyone ever called a tech support company? Try Dell, even if you dont have a problem. Call them. When your done with Dell, try Alienware. Try your Insurance Company. Call a local body shop. Call a lawyer, a police station, a car tint installer, radio shack, WHATEVER. If you have called these places to have work done, or to ask a question you KNOW what im going to say.

NO ONE DOES WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

Okay.. how does the world work? Insurance companies dont insure. Tech Support doesnt support. The President doesnt Preside. Who does all the work!? When I work somewhere, I do what is asked of me- MY JOB. I do it to the t and to the best of my ability. Then the owners son comes to work one day, takes a massive shit on the counter and gets a raise. I stay at the bottom and work my nuts off- and I get write-ups. My car gets broken into, That was the end of July and im still to see a check from the insurance company and I JUST got my car back last week. My tint was put on before i moved here to Arizona, and it was the worst tint install I have EVER seen in my life. The tint was actually hanging off on the sunroof, and there were bubbles allll over it. The glass cleaner was all over it leather doors and seats, permanently discoloring it.
Now my college (Collin's College in Tempe, AZ) is fucking me around. I am in the Game Design course. For Game Design you need a laptop, duh. I was supposed to get it last month, but they were doing upgrades. For you tech savvy people this is what they were upgrading my laptop to ..... ONE 1.2gb stick of ram. Yes, thats a single stick. If you know shit about computers you have already started chuckling. Now the reason is because Canadian Customs has them seized. Yesterday the new reason was because we were getting a workstation gpu instead of a 9700 mobility. I go to school in Arizona. Gateway manufacturing is in Kansas (Where I am originally from). Take a look at a map. You geography sauvy people are chuckling now.

JUST TELL US YOU SPENT OUR MONEY ON CRACK! well understand- right after we decapitate you.

I want you all to tell me about your awesome kick ass experiences with the real world.
your being jerked around bigtime, but i agree, there is nothing worse than people not doing there job
a huge brawl broke out at the beach a few hundred metres from my house, i was there at the time, 4 people called the police, there is a cop shop less than 5 minutes drive from this beach, they always have spare units for dispatch, yet an hour after i called, after there were bloodied up adults vandalised cars i was furious that this is how they respond....