WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I'll make this one short and sweet.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
You know there's a problem somewhere when your router manages to overheat despite you having placed a big fucking huge Icepak on top of it.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
What kind of router? Please don't say linksys. They have a huge problem w/ overheating.

morelos

lexicon incognito
shurikane said:
You know there's a problem somewhere when your router manages to overheat despite you having placed a big fucking huge Icepak on top of it.
are you sure it's overheating and not just sucking in some other way?

heh, my router is a 486dx2/66, overclocked to 80mhz. it has 32mb ram (i think) on 30pin simms. now, since i haven't had it open in about a thousand days, i can't verify this. i never took a picture of the inside.

it runs freebsd 4.1 with a few patches.

but it works, consistently, and i don't complain.

~ dan ~

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Unfortunately, it's indeed a Linksys. I can tell it's overheating simply by touching the damned thing. Whenever I lose my Internet, I place a hand on the box. It's always, always burning hot.

twofivekidd9

Big Floppy Donkey Dong
Get an old OS too. LIke windows 3.1 or even better Windows Me.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
I'm on Win 98 SE. :p PC is 800 MHz. So, I heard suggestions for D-Link over there. I guess I'll have to go take a look at their stuff. :)

morelos

lexicon incognito
fuck; i have an athlon thunderbird 1.4ghz mobo+cpu+256mb ram+hsf i could mail you if you paid shipping.

~ dan ~