I'll make this one short and sweet.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
You know there's a problem somewhere when your router manages to overheat despite you having placed a big fucking huge Icepak on top of it.

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
What kind of router? Please don't say linksys. They have a huge problem w/ overheating.

morelos

lexicon incognito
shurikane said:
You know there's a problem somewhere when your router manages to overheat despite you having placed a big fucking huge Icepak on top of it.
are you sure it's overheating and not just sucking in some other way?

heh, my router is a 486dx2/66, overclocked to 80mhz. it has 32mb ram (i think) on 30pin simms. now, since i haven't had it open in about a thousand days, i can't verify this. i never took a picture of the inside.

it runs freebsd 4.1 with a few patches.

but it works, consistently, and i don't complain.

~ dan ~

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Unfortunately, it's indeed a Linksys. I can tell it's overheating simply by touching the damned thing. Whenever I lose my Internet, I place a hand on the box. It's always, always burning hot.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
I'm on Win 98 SE. :p PC is 800 MHz. So, I heard suggestions for D-Link over there. I guess I'll have to go take a look at their stuff. :)

morelos

lexicon incognito
fuck; i have an athlon thunderbird 1.4ghz mobo+cpu+256mb ram+hsf i could mail you if you paid shipping.

~ dan ~