WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I'm happy, so wtf!?

(Not sure if this should thread should be here, or in Insignificant Others. It kinda has to do with both.)

So I was talking to my mom a bit ago. She was saying she never knows where I am, doesn't know what's going on in my life, :blahblah: Then she says, "people ask me if you have a boyfriend and I have to tell them I don't know." So what? Tell them I'm a mutated hermit for all I care.

Anyhow.....wtf!? My gripe is: of all the things people could ask about me, they want to know if I'm seeing someone? Who fucking cares? As if being in a relationship is all that matters in life. Pfffffft.

Then my friend Jenn tells me a friend of my family came into her work for dinner (she's a waitress) and my name was brought up. The woman asked if I have a boyfriend yet, and when Jenn said no, I guess she was like "What's wrong with her?"

Nothing is wrong with me, god damn it!! Maybe I don't want a relationship right now! Is that so wrong? Is that all I'm good for--being someone's girlfriend?

Then there's people who try to fix me up.
I don't want to be fixed up. I am perfectly capable of meeting guys if I want to, and since I'm not making the effort guess what that means? I'm not looking for one right now!!! :mfinger:

It's your life, live it how you want, and fuck em' if they don't like it. Just ignore them. Granted, that's easier said than done, but there isn't much else you can do.

Keep your head up.

TeacherzRFerz

Complete Fucking Idiot
What The Mothering Fuck

im very mad at them
this used to be a hella good cuss reply about those motherfuckers but then the images were to much and i kept deleting them the page started looking pathetic so i changed it to this scrummy shit sorry
:gun: them :gun: them :gun: them :gun: them

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TeacherzRFerz said:
im very mad at them
this used to be a hella good cuss reply about those motherfuckers but then the images were to much and i kept deleting them the page started looking pathetic so i changed it to this scrummy shit sorry
:gun: them :gun: them :gun: them :gun: them
This is a warning. Post accordingly, make sense, drop the shitty language, act at least semi intelligent, or you will not exist on this forum. You will NOT recieve another warning.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
What Bullshit zoloft! I realize some folks are so sold on the imaginary world where everyone is exactly the same, and that's good. So what if you don't have a BF and are not looking! WOOPIE DO!

Too much Movies/TV, and years of some women thinking they were made to be a wife and have babies, has warped too many people's perspectives.

Don't let it bother you, they are crazy. If you're happy, that is what counts.

People who think life is simply "Women born, schooled, finds man, has babies, becomes grandma, dies, the end" are not intelligent enough to take seriously.

zoloftcasserole said:
Nothing is wrong with me, god damn it!! Maybe I don't want a relationship right now! Is that so wrong? Is that all I'm good for--being someone's girlfriend?
You don't have a boyfriend? What the hell is wrong with you???

:cool:

Eh...moms act like getting married and having kids is all that matters ...I think it's an empty nest kinda thing.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
It is messed up. Although you are comfortable alone, a lot of people are not happy unless they are in a relationship. In fact, many of them are so goddamn codependant, that they'd rather be in a shitty relationship than be by themselves.

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
zoloftcasserole said:
(Not sure if this should thread should be here, or in Insignificant Others. It kinda has to do with both.)

So I was talking to my mom a bit ago. She was saying she never knows where I am, doesn't know what's going on in my life, :blahblah: Then she says, "people ask me if you have a boyfriend and I have to tell them I don't know." So what? Tell them I'm a mutated hermit for all I care.

Anyhow.....wtf!? My gripe is: of all the things people could ask about me, they want to know if I'm seeing someone? Who fucking cares? As if being in a relationship is all that matters in life. Pfffffft.

Then my friend Jenn tells me a friend of my family came into her work for dinner (she's a waitress) and my name was brought up. The woman asked if I have a boyfriend yet, and when Jenn said no, I guess she was like "What's wrong with her?"

I don't want to be fixed up. I am perfectly capable of meeting guys if I want to, and since I'm not making the effort guess what that means? I'm not looking for one right now!!! :mfinger:

I am in exactly the same position as you, single and happy about it!

I get all the same crappy questions from friends and family and I get them trying to fix me up, damit they just wont leave it ! One of my friends yesterday thought it would be a good idea to set me up with the guy who selling stationary to my work, arghhh! Leave me alone!

Good for you!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
zoloftcasserole said:

Don't fret little one! They'll come sniffin around someday!
:thumbsup:

necro

Postaholic
Zoloft, tell your family to sit on it, I'm positive you are capable of finding somebody when you want to. Seriously, tell everybody who is trying to get you to do what they want to go suck on a railroad spike or somehting, tell them to live their lives and let you live yours :(