WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I'm so scared of Calculus

Jung

???
Premium
There was an implication that I was a laborer (not that there's anything wrong with that). Also, it implies that those who choose to focus on their innate abilities over the fantastical notion of the all-knowing superman can only lead to manual labor.
The implication was that not everyone needs to seek education beyond what they're immediately talented at to thrive. You seem really defensive.

That said, most people aren't gifted with an innate ability to perform, for example, engineering math, or discrete calculus or design computational algorithms. Most people aren't born with an innate ability to build a house or operate a large scale agricultural operation either. Pretty much all useful knowledge comes from learning beyond innate talent. If you don't see the value in pushing beyond your immediate boundaries that's fine. Not sure why you'd decry it in general though.

• Agree
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I believe in all those things but that's not what the cliche states. The truth is...if at first you don't succeed try and try again. If you still don't succeed you might want to consider the possibility that frankly, you suck at the endeavor. Quit bashing your head against the wall and start pursuing the things you're good at. If the cliche was true University students would never change majors. Workers would never change careers. Whipped housewives would never leave the sadistic cocksuckers. Of course people aren't born with innate abilities to perform any specific function but they are born with specific proclivities that lead to specific functions. Our brains aren't hard drives.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
After some thought I've changed my position. Please keep "chasing your dreams", flunking out because of 'stress' or graduating with Lesbian Dance Theory degrees. More easy money for dicks last like me. Excelsior!

• 2Face Palm
Reactions: ThisIsBananas and Jung

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
Fucking Mary Mary quite contrary. Fister. Stand down dipshit. Your warning bell is so fucking late that you can thank a fucking chimpanzee for getting us into this shit. You’re not enjoying yourself fine. But I eat, drink and be merry every day cause it’s all icing on the cake man

• Agree
Reactions: Jung

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
I believe in all those things but that's not what the cliche states. The truth is...if at first you don't succeed try and try again. If you still don't succeed you might want to consider the possibility that frankly, you suck at the endeavor. Quit bashing your head against the wall and start pursuing the things you're good at. If the cliche was true University students would never change majors. Workers would never change careers. Whipped housewives would never leave the sadistic cocksuckers. Of course people aren't born with innate abilities to perform any specific function but they are born with specific proclivities that lead to specific functions. Our brains aren't hard drives.
I'm guessing you are the one who flunked out of college and are overcompensating. Most people don't go to college and repeatedly flunk out.