WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines i'm so scared

actingsmylife

Loving Person
Well it has been confirmed, my boyfriend IS leaving in February for Iraq, and i am really scared for him, i'm going to miss him so much and i wish he didn't have to go but he's wanted to be in the army since he was 3 and i'm not going to do anything that is going to stop him or anything he is set for 2 years over there...he might not be there for the whole time but if they need him there...he has to stay, at least his father will be over there too, i'm not the only one who is going to miss someone. How many other people know someone who is in the army and who has to go to Iraq? How do you feel about it? Does anyone just want to talk to me?

R

RedOctober

Oh no he won't!

George Bush loses the elections, and it will take only a few weeks to leave Iraq. American forces stay there in huge camps with airfields and a lot of space between them and the fuzzy wuzzy's.

The important thing is to NOT INTERFERE with them basterds in Iraq.
They are no good anyway, so why bother giving them a nice thing like democracy?

tzedek

Original Member
RedOctober said:
They are no good anyway, so why bother giving them a nice thing like democracy?

What do you have against Iraqis? And what is so great about democracy?

Jung

???
Premium
RedOctober said:
Oh no he won't!

George Bush loses the elections, and it will take only a few weeks to leave Iraq.
can you back up that statement? kerry has already said the exit from iraq won't be immediate and will involve participation of allied forces.

actingsmylife said:
he is set for 2 years over there
i don't think he can be deployed for more than 180 days consecutively. atleast that has always been the rule, and was when i was in. i just recently got out in 02 after 9/11 and afghanistan. i still have quite a few friends deployed in iraq and afghanistan, i can understand.

p.s. your profile says you're 15, how is it that you're boyfriend is in the military? lol if he is 18.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tzedek said:
What do you have against Iraqis?
Good question: They are just trying to survive our attack.

tzedek said:
what is so great about democracy?
Bad question: Democracy is great, my opinion. However, we were never going there to bring them democracy, the original bullshit story was that we were going to get those WMD's, that didn't actually exist...

tzedek

Original Member
voiceofreason said:
Bad question: Democracy is great, my opinion. However, we were never going there to bring them democracy, the original bullshit story was that we were going to get those WMD's, that didn't actually exist...

Democracy is a great thing, where applicable. My question was structured wrong. The point I was trying to get across is that democracy is not right everywhere in the world. Some places, possibly Iraq, will never work under democracy.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tzedek said:
Democracy is a great thing, where applicable. My question was structured wrong. The point I was trying to get across is that democracy is not right everywhere in the world. Some places, possibly Iraq, will never work under democracy.
I concur, it doesn't, shouldn't work everywhere...nor should we try to impose it...

we went into iraq to stabilize the region in the long run, and the WMD story was a fairy tale told to build public support, hinging on a gamble. it backfired, but there were still plenty of good reasons to go in, in the long run. if we back out too soon or too quickly, the region will be worse than when we started, but if we finish our job everyone will be better off

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
gumercules said:
we went into iraq to stabilize the region in the long run, and the WMD story was a fairy tale told to build public support, hinging on a gamble. it backfired, but there were still plenty of good reasons to go in, in the long run. if we back out too soon or too quickly, the region will be worse than when we started, but if we finish our job everyone will be better off
Uhh, finish what?

make sure they can stand on their own feet before we leave them to do it

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
gumercules said:
make sure they can stand on their own feet before we leave them to do it
It's a lovely idea Gum, but me thinks it will be back in the form of a feudal system, like Afghanistan in no time. The people are generally uneducated, they don't know, trust or understand Democracy. You can not make them embrace a system they don't understand by simply propping up a puppet government. It will fall...

R

RedOctober

Sorry, but you are wrong about education.
The Iraqi's are relatively well educated. The only problem was the total corruption of the system.

In modern Iraq, there is a learning curve. They find things to harm American soldiers. Some die, but others learn from mistakes.
It's a stupid thing to think your opponent is a Neanderthal bozo.

Read some material about the tactics the Vietcong used in Nam.
Just replay the McGyver programs ;)

Do you live on the American coutryside?
Imagine the Arabs have invaded America, and what are you going to do about it? Remembers, the enemy is trying to get the Americans out, the same way you would act in Red Dawn.

I am from The Netherlands, and I have seen nifty German things they used during the war. Why nifty? Cheap, simple and deadly!

I don't even publish them here.
Who likes to know, can PM me for the link.

the_foda

Fresh Meat
gumercules said:
undefined I think we should finish this Iraq bs and get the hell out, were wasteing time now. LETS GET BACK TO FINDING BIN LADEN!!!!!!!!!. Laz

voiceofreason said:
they don't know, trust or understand Democracy.
how many americans do you know who know, trust, and understand democracy? i know about three

Fugly

Tenderony
First of all...way to hijack a thread....there are plenty of pro-war/anti-war posts; go there. Second of all being in life threatening danger is the nature of the beast...just send him lots of care packages and tell him to not be a hero. Chances are he'll be ok.

R

RedOctober

the_foda said:
undefined I think we should finish this Iraq bs and get the hell out, were wasteing time now. LETS GET BACK TO FINDING BIN LADEN!!!!!!!!!. Laz
Yeah, right!

But don't worry, you will have the fuckin' Bin Laden on a dinner plate just before election day. Because that's a good PR for that SOB Bush.
It's all a big hoax!