WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Images in Sigs?

As long as they are kept to a certain size and NOT uploaded to this site, can we please have the ability to put images in our sigs?

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
I second that. Good advertising for Folding@home.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
only problem with imagines in sigs and why some sites are doing away with them, is why they are super cool... they are also very distracting, take to much time to load... and are just plain clutter...

lol, thats partially true. But I'm used to a bunch of forums allowing them, so this place doesn't give you that "homey" feeling you know? Plus, Kitana, I'm sure you can stir up some pretty good graphics if they are as good is the one of your avatar.

this has been brought up before on different similar sites - the usual concern is that it's very difficult to limit image sizes and they add significantly to page load times even if they're kept small

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I agree with the above. Generally the sites they work well on are graphic/weddesign sites where everyone has a nice tight sig (and those types are 90% on broadband anyway) or rap sites/personal sites where all members just go nuts with no rules and it looks so ghetto - wait that sounds familiar...

If you have 15 people per thread page, and each of them have their nasty 10k-20k (and sometimes MUCH LARGER) sig images well you just elliminated dial-up completely.

I'd rather keep the site quick for dial-ups really, but as most things on this board I'd allow it up for voting.. Go ahead and create a poll, numbnuts!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Here is my thought, I don't really like sigs... am glad to be on a site with out them, but i do use them and I have and if they where allowed probally would.

If we are going to have sigs, and have them where people on dial-up can still browse they should be no bigger then 254x90

thats all the bigger we need them, its tight... its clean... it looks good. Enough to jam your name on there, stick a graphic, if you have imagination it will look cool...

still probably at least 10k, which creates the problem jason pointed out above

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Yeah, and more hacking to place those restrictions.. However that sorta hack is available... Dunno though, definatly should be a vote...

Noah

I own pain.
I am all for images in signatures, as long as they are limited. (as mentioned above)

Noah said:
I am all for images in signatures, as long as they are limited. (as mentioned above)
Then please vote yes in the poll thread I made for this