WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Images wont load.

On certain sites images wont load. I am using firefox.

looks to me like its trying to load the images from my comp.. Any ideas why?
Web Features said:
Block Pop-up Windows (checked)
Load images (checked)
Enable Java (checked)
Enable Javascript (checked)
Oh and I've tryed Deleting - Cookies, Cache, and History.

Jung

???
Premium
Link to the site(s)? What version of Firefox are you using? Extensions?

127.0.0.1 is localhost, so yeah, it's trying to load them from your PC... or it could be a fucked up CGI script.

Ebay.com | Firefox 1.0.6
The site worked fine yesterday..

Jung

???
Premium
I was kind of looking for a specific link. :p

You have an ad blocker enabled. I had the same problem when I switched over to FF and loaded my new firewall. I'm @ work so I can't tell you specifically what to turn off b/c we still use IE here. If it's not a FF issue then it's your firewall. If nobody has answered by the time I get home I'll give you a less vague answer.

its the front page. Unless of course your being sarcastic >_>
Edit: Its not an the ad blocker, I just checked that. Plus it just started doing it today and I've had the ad blocker for alot longer.
Edit 2: Not my firewall I havent changed anything with it..

Jung

???
Premium
See if you can ping pics.ebaystatic.com and see what IP it returns. The site loads prefectly for me in Deer Park.

sideshow_bob said:
You have an ad blocker enabled. I had the same problem when I switched over to FF and loaded my new firewall..
The build in pop-up blocker would have nothing to do with this. And I can't see AdBlock doing it either, because it renders fine for me. Also, the firewall idea is plausible.

Jung

???
Premium
Hmm, I get different responses, but it's probably just different DNS.

I can't think of what would be causing this really. What extensions do you have installed? Have you tried restarting the browser since this started happening? Tried with a fresh profile?

I have stumbleupon (stumbleupon.com) Ad Block and thats it. I have restarted it. I'll try a fresh profile now.
Edit: Err I forgot what you do to make a new profile.. >.>

Jung

???
Premium
I'd try that. Every weird thing I've ever seen Firefox do was a direct result of a corrupt profile or poorly coded extension/theme. Those extensions haven't caused me and problems though. I'd also try disabling AdBlock, since it might be getting false positives. I know for certain it doesn't do it for me though, and I use the Perceive filters.

Failing all that, I'd ask over on the www.mozillazine.org forums.

Tryed a fresh profile.. didnt work. Hmm off to that site I go then.

:| Well folks got a new problem:

Now it isnt letting me download anything. Gonna run a spyware scan and see what comes up..