WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Imas' pet food

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=iams&Player=wm&speed=_med

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iamsexpress.htm

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/i/iams.htm

http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/IAMS13.htm

Anyone who has any links to Imas and their side of the story or debating peta's finding.

NOTE i am and will not be a support of Peta. however, I am not blind and when they do find proof of abuse... I take note. I am going to be researching this for awhile.

I have found nothing coming from Imas about this.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
the peta people are some crazy folks says me papa. I think they called my house a while back and asked us if we had a pet. I can't remember exactly what happened, i was quite young then, but it turned my father against them, and called them animal nazi's and the like. He's always been very opinionated.

In one experiment, 24 young dogs had their right kidneys removed and the left partly damaged to investigate how protein affects dogs with kidney failure. Eight dogs were killed to analyse the kidney tissue. Dogs which became sick were not treated because it would have undermined the test results.
this, and the other findings, does bother me. I am a dog lover, my family has had the same poodle for as long as i can remember. I grew up with him, and i love him; i couldnt imagine anyone doing something like this to a dog. Deliberatly giving chest wounds to research correlation between diet and fur regrowth.. it bothers me.

I've known about them tesing on animals for ages but i didn't know that it was to such an extent that animals were being mutated and killed. That kind of thing totaly changes my outlook on humanity. I personaly think that its disgusting.

(P.S. Don't hate me, i've been brought up to be an animal lover and i always will be)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
tbsrk said:
the peta people are some crazy folks says me papa. I think they called my house a while back and asked us if we had a pet. I can't remember exactly what happened, i was quite young then, but it turned my father against them, and called them animal nazi's and the like. He's always been very opinionated.

this, and the other findings, does bother me. I am a dog lover, my family has had the same poodle for as long as i can remember. I grew up with him, and i love him; i couldnt imagine anyone doing something like this to a dog. Deliberatly giving chest wounds to research correlation between diet and fur regrowth.. it bothers me.

thats what i am saying i not a peta person but this does bother me, watching the video made me even sicker. but this is coming from peta guys, i am looking for info outside of their org.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
IAMS has also been backed by the RSPCA - but after being told of our findings the animal welfare charity said it would sever all ties.
this was from your uncaged.co.uk link, you might be able to find more about the RSPCA, though im not sure if they are affiliated with peta at all.

Or you could try to see if proctor and gamble has anything to say about this.

i did a real quick google search, and i went over to CNN to see if they had anyting to say, but all i got were PETA sponsored links.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Disgusting! What kind of SICK people would do that? The stomachs with the cats...EVER HEARD OF AN ULTRASOUND?! IDIOTS! Unessecary, and done for "fun."

I hate PETA, but when they uncover things like this, it makes my day. I love animals, especially cats and rats. My friends call me a "fag" or "gay" when I see a really cute or sweet animal, and with due reasons! I am not gay, but I love animals so much it's not even funny. I get all cooey like a mother gets with her baby when I see a cute little rodent, puppy, or kitten!

I'm smiling and laughing now just thinking about baby animals. I'm just one of those sensitive guys who is a wreck without a pet; animals are one of my favorite things. I would never own 23 cats or so on...I just want one or two that I can devote all my time to. The six rats are a fluke (Soon to be five, one has cancer), they sold us a pregnant one. I found one of my rats crying last night (Literally crying!), because she was lonely and didn't get attention in a few days (I was busy). I was crying too, it made me so sad! I picked her up, and petted her for about ten minutes, and she stopped. I decided to hold her for an hour, because by then they want to go back in the cage.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Ugh...Just the thought of those sweet, innocent little animals being tortured like that makes me want to cry. Assholes.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
That is something terrible and wrong... why people just sit back and see it as their 'job' don't they go home at night and cry about how they 'de-barked' a dog so they can't bark or squeal from pain, or how they make them so sick they won't treat them because it will 'mess-up' their tests....

The one about the elephant really sickens me (yes its on PETA, i don't really like it either but still)

Elephant Killers..

Omg! and the one with the crocodiles :( :(
Crocodile..
(yes PETA again....but if this really is true... thats just... -.-)