WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

In reguards to kids these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siryus

Internet=Siryus business.
The thing that really irks me nowadays, is how kids discribe their parents. I see these kids when i'm walking to my next class, talking on their cellphones (that their parents bought them) complaining to their friend, how mean their parents are for making them take out the trash, standing around in their newly bought converse (which their parents bought them) saying how much they hate them(parents), when they have no idea how much their parents do for them. They yell how dumb their parents are for making them do their homework, yet they never stop to think why their parents want them to do it.:happysad: They yell how they can't wait to move out, but they don't stop to think how much their parents have to go through to keep them clean, fed, warm. I mean the cost of living is pretty high now, in this day and age. And how many of them actually move out? Now I know thier are many different situations, and you can split hairs with me all you want, but the fact is alot of kids nowadays are just spoild, ungreatfull brats.(ok rant over, you can get out from under the computer desk now.;) )

Geez, you should see katy texas. There are kids driving around in, no jokes, BMWs, wearing about 300$ worth of clothing, with ipods, razrs, etc. and they're complaning "dude life sucks."

Freakin retards take everything for granted.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
All kids go through that phase. It never really sinks in until they have kids of their own and the parental curse comes back to bite them on the ass.

I think if you grow up with non-rich parents you appreciate it more, even though you're bitter cause you're one of the have-nots.

wilko125

Rep My Post
Tostig said:
All kids go through that phase. It never really sinks in until they have kids of their own and the parental curse comes back to bite them on the ass.

I think if you grow up with non-rich parents you appreciate it more, even though you're bitter cause you're one of the have-nots.
Cant say i ever went through that phase, ive loved my parents since birth, and have been grateful since i can remember, although we arent the most sound finanicially (sp?).

Tostig said:
That's where your wrong, my toasty friend.

My parents never bought me shit. They told me if I want something, I have to save up money and buy it myself.

I am currently on my 4th vehicle. I've paid for the vehicles themselves along with insurance and gas, out of my own wallet. If I couldn't afford gas, they'd just tell me to wait until I could.

Personally, I have little respect for people who have their parents buy them everything. No, not because they're rich. Rather, because they didn't earn it. My parents have always told me they'd spend no more than 50 bucks for my christmas present. Which was fine with me. The most expensive thing they bought me was a mountain bike back in 1994, for 300 bucks. I had to pay half.

And yet, I appreciate everything my parents have done for me. A roof over my head, a warm place to sleep, good meals. Yes, I still live with my mother. Yes, she does charge rent. Only 250 bucks a month though.

And I'm quite suprised she hasn't kicked me out yet.:p

I'm surprised my mom hasn't tried to stab me yet or something. I sure am good at pissing her off. Or maybe she's good at pissing herself off. One of the two.

In any case, it's all my fault. But I get mad when she buys me things because I'd rather have nothing than something I didn't earn.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More

this all reminds me of my "generous" friend who bitches about his oppressive parents who bought him a new car after he totalled the old one, pay for his auto insurance which is rediculously high, it's NJ and he crashed. and they barely slap his wrist when he acts up. what a horrible life

teenagers suck these days. not that they didnt suck when i was a teen. But at least me and my friends worked and bought the shit we had unlike the fucking preppie bitches who didnt do shit and got everyfuckingthing

yup, i'm in the same boat. my mom never bought me much, mostly cause she was a single parent and couldn't afford much. i got my first job a year younger then the legal working age back then, and i never looked back. i've earned everything i own, but ya i did complain here and there that mom didn't do much for me. i learned my lesson when i was 16 and moved out on my own, had to quit school to support myself. now i'm back in school, and mom is paying all my bills cause i'm in a grey area right now and i don't quallify for any type of assistance. yay :/ anyhoo, i appreciate everything my mom ever did for my, especially now, its not like she can afford what shes doing, but she is. so all young punks take note, and try to make something of yourself young and not be stuborn or stupid, you'll pay for it later on.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
im still a teen, and i never feel about my parents that way. I know how much my mom and dad have done to make sure i had a comfortable life till now.
My mom never compromised on quality for giving me fod even when we werent that financially secure. I knw how hard my dad had to work to keep us in a nice neighbourhood and send me to a really good school/. I know how hard my dad works to help pay for my college.

I would never think that way about my parents because i know that however much they do for me, they never expect anything back except be a good and loving son.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
Lawdawg428 said:
teenagers suck these days
Speak for yourself.

As for all the other comments on "Teen's don't appreciate the nice things that their parents get them," fuck you.

Yes, fuck you, and you, and you. I am appreciative of my mother (my father was screwed out of life by my mom and just about every other person in his life). However, I only respect her as my mother. I could care less about who she actually is. (a bitchy teen) I mean sure, she buys me stuff. Really nice stuff too, an iPOD, a large room (that I insist on paying rent for), a Gamecube, ya, good stuff. However, I would rather that she didn't, because she always fucking rubs the price in my face. Like she once bought me an N64. She STILL, tells me how expensive that had cost, and how I never appreciated her for it. FUCK THAT MAN! She fucking milked me for all I was worth, my patience, respect, honesty, nice deeds, wallet, THE WHOLE NINE YARDS MAN! And she does that for everything that she buys me. (that's why I pay rent for my room) Anyway, this rant would last forever, if you want to know anything more, tell me. K?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
mmm...cheese said:
Speak for yourself.

As for all the other comments on "Teen's don't appreciate the nice things that their parents get them," fuck you.

Yes, fuck you, and you, and you. I am appreciative of my mother (my father was screwed out of life by my mom and just about every other person in his life). However, I only respect her as my mother. I could care less about who she actually is. (a bitchy teen) I mean sure, she buys me stuff. Really nice stuff too, an iPOD, a large room (that I insist on paying rent for), a Gamecube, ya, good stuff. However, I would rather that she didn't, because she always fucking rubs the price in my face. Like she once bought me an N64. She STILL, tells me how expensive that had cost, and how I never appreciated her for it. FUCK THAT MAN! She fucking milked me for all I was worth, my patience, respect, honesty, nice deeds, wallet, THE WHOLE NINE YARDS MAN! And she does that for everything that she buys me. (that's why I pay rent for my room) Anyway, this rant would last forever, if you want to know anything more, tell me. K?

Thats just what parents do. LOL. I do that to my kids.

littleone

the short crazy one
Lawdawg428 said:
teenagers suck these days. not that they didnt suck when i was a teen. But at least me and my friends worked and bought the shit we had unlike the fucking preppie bitches who didnt do shit and got everyfuckingthing
Don't use the "preppy" term lightly please. We know who I am. I'm a preppy person who had to buy her own car, get scholarships for college, work at A&F for $5.50 and hour and still get shit from my parents + 6 siblings for staying out til 3AM on a Saturday night. If you saw me you would call me a prep, but again, I look the part I earned. I work my ass off to dress the way I do. Don't use such a derrogatory word again like that. It's offensive. Thank-you.:)

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
I used to call the rich kids in my school preppies (i was one of the outcasts). Most of them were arrogant, elitist and mean. It came to be associated with those of affluent decent who looked down on anyone who's family wasn't as well off as theirs. And they were mostly people who didn't really have to work for anything they recieved. Kudos to you for putting in the effort and being self sufficient. It's very admirable.

camelspit

jack daniel=best friend.
meh

so i grew up in a rags to riches situation. lived in florida and the most expensive thing my parents bought me was a 70$ bicycle that i loved to death. when i hit about 9 dad got a job offer for microsoft and we were living well. i have to say as i grew older i began to take things for granted but i never forgot where i came from. when my family gets together for thanksgiving it is a HUGE event. we dress up like it was the last day of our lives eat food like there's no tomorrow and every minute i think of how it was before we moved. i have hardly any tolerance for these kids who look at me say "you dont have an ipod?" and then turn cheek and walk away as if i'm a pariah for not having a 300 dollar electronic toy i can replicate with an mp3 cd player. i earn my shit, pay my own way and cannot stand it when i see a 16yo getting an m3 for their first car, wear a 150 dollar pair of shoes, 60 dollar pants, 40 dollar tshirt that says "abercrombie and fitch" in faded letters and all they did was start breathing. i respect and pity the parents for doing this to their children. respect because they bled for the money they make and pity for the fact that their children do not hold their hard work in regard when they trashmouth their parents when they ask them to say "Thank you" for their expensive toys.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
mmm...cheese said:
Have you no guilt?
I gave birth to them. I have no guilt. They owe me there very existence, and it is my job to make sure that existence grows into one of respectful maturity, not to feel guilty.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I have to chime in For the kids. It's the parents faults for raising them so fucking spoiled. Sure it later becomes the teens fault, but he learned NOT to respect his or her parents FROM the parents. People want to be their kids friends or buddy, or they don't want to bother so they buy them expensive things to "keep them happy." While we're at it, let's blame society a bit too. American kids are taught in school that their parents have no right to discipline them. Sure they use different words, but I've threatened to spank my daughter and she said "You can't hit me, you'll go to jail." She didn't learn that here. I haven't spanked my daughter in years, so it's all good. But the incident had its effect. I told her that if she felt she couldn't be spanked, she could get the fuck out of the house and live with those people who support that idea. It never had to happen, she got the message. People don't want to parent, and society wants you to parent by magic.

The joy is when these spoiled fucks get to the real world, and it eats them up. Karma??

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
My son said that if I spanked him, he would call the police and I would go to jail. I picked up the phone, and said that I was dialing the cops, and he had about five minutes of ass beating before they got there. Needless to say, he saw things my way.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
dustinzgirl said:
My son said that if I spanked him, he would call the police and I would go to jail. I picked up the phone, and said that I was dialing the cops, and he had about five minutes of ass beating before they got there. Needless to say, he saw things my way.
You have some unusual, but affective ways of getting things across. Whch i think all parents should be more like you. My parents are like you, if i dont do something, i got 2 minutes to get up to my room, hide and beg for mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.