WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss In the news...Red marks on school papers...

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
Ok....here's a real brain-buster for you.....Ohio has decided that teachers who use red ink to mark wrong answers on their students' papers are causing the kids "too much stress and discouragement"....WTF!!! A wrong answer is a wrong answer no matter WHAT color of ink you use to mark it!!! Right or wrong?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Wow....they need to switch to earth-tones so mother nature can soothe you for being a dumbass

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Um yes,thats our boy...bigck3k. He's still a bit shitty about the "Third Grade incident" not to worry,he's harmless.

Red ink? WTF? I figured it was that big fat "F" that made the kids feel like shit.

Jung

???
Premium
Todays youth are a bunch of whining pussies. :(

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
bigck3000 said:
Wow....they need to switch to earth-tones so mother nature can soothe you for being a dumbass
Hm....sounds like you are one of those hypersensitive kids....so sorry, for you!

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
gehtfuct said:
Um yes,thats our boy...bigck3k. He's still a bit shitty about the "Third Grade incident" not to worry,he's harmless.

Red ink? WTF? I figured it was that big fat "F" that made the kids feel like shit.
Yeah...no shit. That's what I thought too...so much for that!

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
My sentiments exactly...no wonder today's youth is so screwed up.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
My one old accounting professor, doc Russo, had the same mindset. He marked all of the corrections with green ink. However, low grades were still low grades. On the other hand, for some reason, A's looked better in green ink.

Jung

???
Premium
EMTPIXIE said:
My sentiments exactly...no wonder today's youth is so screwed up.
Off topic: You could've said all that in one post.

:)
ReiMeishin said:
On the other hand, for some reason, A's looked better in green ink.
Of course, green means go.

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
Maybe, but since I'm NEW I haven't figured out how all of these things work just yet...working on it though....a little patience, please?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Oh you are looking for "slack" we ran out of that the first month.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
It's Ohio, what do you expect ??

...fucking ohio aêorhâwoerhawô46hq23^46h :bomb: :mad: :sword: :mfinger:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I've seen a few of these "F" in my school daze..DUH! I'm pretty sure the whole idea behind the red ink is to geht your attention. It obviously would stand out better. I dont go around asking the kiddies how they feel about the shit grade they've got,but,I'm kinda having to agree with Junglizm; that the kids are just trying to find something to bitch about.

What difference does it make what color the markings are?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think that one of the things education misses out on is giving the student goals to overcome obstacles. For example, I flunked math every year after 6th grade. Not one teacher ever told me how to overcome that, they just gave me more homework. It was not until college that I was able to get tutors to help me. The discouragement does not come with the red marks, the discouragement comes from not understanding how to do better, and not having appropriate goals and strategies for learning.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
gehtfuct said:

my mom said that F stood for...

Fabulous
Fantastic

and and Jesse told me it stood for

Fun FilledFuck Fest

were these people lieing to me?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
my mom said that F stood for...

Fabulous
Fantastic

and and Jesse told me it stood for

Fun FilledFuck Fest

were these people lieing to me?
I would say yes, but the value of being happy and ignorant is better than being distressed and disfunctional, so NO they were not lying.

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
dustinzgirl said:
I think that one of the things education misses out on is giving the student goals to overcome obstacles. For example, I flunked math every year after 6th grade. Not one teacher ever told me how to overcome that, they just gave me more homework. It was not until college that I was able to get tutors to help me. The discouragement does not come with the red marks, the discouragement comes from not understanding how to do better, and not having appropriate goals and strategies for learning.
Yeah, that and the fact that alot of teachers (though thankfully not all) these days are just sitting there to collect a paycheck....I had a few of those in my little corner of the planet. I just made a point to embarass the hell out of them for it and pass with an "A" regardless. I was just lucky enough not to have many problems learning, but I understand your problem with math, that was the fly in the ointment for me too. Then I found a way to do it that made sense to me and had no problems. Pissed off alot of teachers though. oops.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
EMTPIXIE said:
Ok....here's a real brain-buster for you.....Ohio has decided that teachers who use red ink to mark wrong answers on their students' papers are causing the kids "too much stress and discouragement"....WTF!!! A wrong answer is a wrong answer no matter WHAT color of ink you use to mark it!!! Right or wrong?
Pathetic..

What will happen to them when they get into the "real" world?

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
voiceofreason said:
Pathetic..

What will happen to them when they get into the "real" world?
THAT'S what scares me....these kids are going to turn out to be a generation of damn watchtower snipers. Either that or brain-dead zombies that cry everytime you say "boo".