WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines In the president's own words

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,365
487
#1
In a press conference Thursday the president stated," The Iraqi people have a brighter outlook on their country's future than Americans do about their own".

Now I'm no political scholar. But it seems to me that this isn't something a president should want to advertise. My next question as a reporter would be, "And who's fault is that?"
 

TarkinRocher

Banned - What an Asshat!
57
0
0
#2
Max, you hacked this off the Daily Show. Now, I agree, it was funny, but if your going to use someone else's material, give them credit.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,365
487
#3
actually it was a clip form channel 12 news. But to remind you, everything in the issues was hacked from some other news format.
Except for Voiceofreason. He's our house AP correspondent.
 
39
0
0
#4
It's not something the president would want to advertise, especially during an election year, but it may not be entirely the president's fault.

Congress does alot of things that get blamed on the president by those who don't know the system.
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#5
bush is an idiot its all his fault..
Maybe this is off topic maybe not but i just went out and saw that the cheepest gas around my house is $2.03 a gallon. Thats fucking rediculous! i cant afford that and i drive a damn escort!
 

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
227
0
0
#6
The reson behind having a president is to have someone who can voice the people and what they want........Basically a figure head. If you really think that Bush is the reason behind everything that is wrong with this country then you really need to assess yourself. If it wasn't for Bush the military wouldn't have half of the gear that they have now to help them survive in combat. Bush was still trying to get the military on line when he sent them to Iraq and has been doing a pretty good job of it since. Now, I understand that he doesn't necessarily cater to everyones pissing and moaning about everything. Put yourself in his shoes, he has to make alot of decisions that most of us don't even know about. Not to mention the ones that most of us wouldn't be able to comprehend. I agree that he doesn't always make the best ones but I do stand behind alot of the ones that he does make. I think that making John Kerry president would be a bad mistake. He is wishy washy at best. And for the most part he has done nothing but remind me of Bill Clinton, who was one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,365
487
#7
L33ad said:
It's not something the president would want to advertise, especially during an election year, but it may not be entirely the president's fault.

Congress does alot of things that get blamed on the president by those who don't know the system.
The words came out of his mouth on a televised news conference. Are you trying to say Congress made him say that?
What does saying something stupid, and uncalculated have to do with "the system"?
Sorry, but aside from all the administrative duties, an important facet of being president is public speaking. Now you may think it's not all that important, but what a president says, has a huge effect on the mood of the country, and our standing in the international community. These are all very important things. Words can be very powerful, especially when coming from the most powerful office in the country.
 
255
1
0
#8
MaxPower said:
In a press conference Thursday the president stated," The Iraqi people have a brighter outlook on their country's future than Americans do about their own".

Now I'm no political scholar. But it seems to me that this isn't something a president should want to advertise. My next question as a reporter would be, "And who's fault is that?"

taken out of context, there are many quotes said by many people that can be be flagrantly misinterpreted. you'd really have to hear the entire conversation before assuming what he was trying to say. maybe he was referring to the iraqi people's enthusiasm on becoming a free nation, for the first time in history. as opposed to the american peoples opinion of a country where they have lived with freedom their entire lives and are already spoiled and always expect more. in other words, given the situation that country has been in, there are in line to make a tremendous leap. i doubt he was trying to convey that iraq has a better chance of prospering than america.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,365
487
#9
First off.............No.
Secondly, it doesn't matter what he meant, it's what he said that counts. Which is my point exactly. When you hold a public office, you're accountable for what you say, not what you meant. You'd think after almost 4 yrs, he'd have gotten the hang of it. How many times is he going to step on his own tongue. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m tired of the world laughing at us for having an unsophisticated, redneck, thug as a leader.
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#10
*stands up and tries to start an applause outburst...but gets slapped in the back of the head by dangeo*
fucking thank you, why is he even a fucking choice this time around...i hate that no one else sees what a complete and total incompetent this fool is. and if your all about feeling secure and having a strong president, couldnt you have picked a better candidate the first time around, than W. (by the way what does the W stand for anyways...no joke i have no idea) its like picking a 6'8 300 retard to be your body guard, i'm sure he looks scary, but if i start jangling my keys around in his face, hes distracted and your pretty much fucked.
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#11
i think it stands for walker... nice grammar btw. :thumbsup:
 

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
227
0
0
#12
bigck3000 said:
* its like picking a 6'8 300 retard to be your body guard, i'm sure he looks scary, but if i start jangling my keys around in his face, hes distracted and your pretty much fucked.

That is some funny shit. :p
 

blw72887

Just a poster
84
0
0
#13
well whatever, again I do agree pretty funny however I also agree with the congress and president get balming.

Maybe you should look at the specific speech writer who wrote that, think he will be applying for a job at McDonald's..lol
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,365
487
#14
blw72887 said:
well whatever, again I do agree pretty funny however I also agree with the congress and president get balming.
Maybe you should look at the specific speech writer who wrote that, think he will be applying for a job at McDonald's..lol
Am I talking to a wall? It was a press conference, not a speech. Congress had nothing to do with it. He was on the podium all by himself. (As we know, that’s where he shines.) His responses to questions were spontaneous. (unless he was wearing his earbud again)Therefore, he can blame no one else, but himself.
 
10,772
55
253
#15
MaxPower said:
Am I talking to a wall? It was a press conference, not a speech. Congress had nothing to do with it. He was on the podium all by himself. (As we know, that’s where he shines.) His responses to questions were spontaneous. (unless he was wearing his earbud again)Therefore, he can blame no one else, but himself.

Shines, flashes, it's all good, Bush is a party animal.

I'm sure he might have an earbud though.

That's why he stutters. He says something "they" don't like, then "they" start yelling over the mic, then *Bam* he has those flashbacks to when his mom used to catch him getting snorted out.

I figure it's better than Vietnam flashbacks.