WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Incoming... Tomorrow 'the visit' begins

Angry Nanite

Antidisestablishmentarian
And the visitor is my mother in law.

My husband's family is ...scary.
His mother is certifiable.
The fact that we live 2600km away from her and the rest of the clan was my little safety net.

I'm hoping that the airline will prevent her from flying or at least turn her back at the border because of the forty or so medications she takes. [half of which are to deal with side effects from the other half]
At least she's not selling anymore so I won't have to worry about anyone arresting me for being an accomplice to anything. I hope.

I can hardly wait until I have to take her out shopping. I wonder how many stores she'll hit for free stuff? She likes to tell people she's dying and then beg for freebies.
She's half deaf and overcompensates when she talks. So even though everyone in our apartment building will hear all about her personal money problems the first time, she will still need to tell each and every person she meets about it over and over again.

And then there will be the jouney into what promises to be my personal nightmare... an evening with my folks.
Ok imagine this:
Annie Oakley at 49 meets Ward and June Clever for tea.
Let the games begin.

I have a micro panic attack every time I imagine it.

I suspect I'll spend most of the next week disassociating. If I'm lucky I won't remember any of it.
In the mean time I will continue making wishes because I'm utterly powerless to stop this horror show from happening and I like to delude myself.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
sign her up here on wtf and then duke it out in B&T with her.. :thumbsup:

Nunzii

®åvïñg §hëêþðhò£íç
Or just kill her like i did my mother....j/k

Angry Nanite said:
And the visitor is my mother in law.

My husband's family is ...scary.
His mother is certifiable.
The fact that we live 2600km away from her and the rest of the clan was my little safety net.

I'm hoping that the airline will prevent her from flying or at least turn her back at the border because of the forty or so medications she takes. [half of which are to deal with side effects from the other half]
At least she's not selling anymore so I won't have to worry about anyone arresting me for being an accomplice to anything. I hope.

I can hardly wait until I have to take her out shopping. I wonder how many stores she'll hit for free stuff? She likes to tell people she's dying and then beg for freebies.
She's half deaf and overcompensates when she talks. So even though everyone in our apartment building will hear all about her personal money problems the first time, she will still need to tell each and every person she meets about it over and over again.

And then there will be the jouney into what promises to be my personal nightmare... an evening with my folks.
Ok imagine this:
Annie Oakley at 49 meets Ward and June Clever for tea.
Let the games begin.

I have a micro panic attack every time I imagine it.

I suspect I'll spend most of the next week disassociating. If I'm lucky I won't remember any of it.
In the mean time I will continue making wishes because I'm utterly powerless to stop this horror show from happening and I like to delude myself.
lol.. holy shit.. she sounds scary and funny man.. look its not as if she'll stay for good or nething.. and i mean how fun is your life anyway? honestly.. what important functions of trips to hawaii have u got planned? so stop whining and enjoy the lil show the hag will put! i mean she sounds funny if anything! come on.. alil fun never hurt!

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
Wow...that sucks.

I sugggest a kenmore. Great for getting blood out of carpet.:thumbsup:

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
give me your phone number. the night after she gets there i'll call and say you have some family in the hospital and they need you to take care of legalities. then you can go to vegas and have a nice time til she leaves.