WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Incredible Lag

I posted a while ago about my lag woes. Before, every minute, my connection would just freeze for about 6-10 seconds. Now, it freezes as before, but goes sooooo fucking slow (im talking 5 minutes to get to this page) and it just drops me if im in any game. Before I enabled WEP, it still did this, but the sluggishness only happened after the linksys techies told me to enable WEP to eliminate interference. The picture shows the old 3000 ms wait time, which was what i had before. It also shows this new lag, where the packets just wont be sent. I can get like 2+ of those, effectively knocking me off WC3 games.

http://tinypic.com/52xlix

Jung

???
Premium
Why the hell are you pinging an inside IP for this? That's pointless. Ping something like google.com or some where that has to actually route to the internet...

Jung

???
Premium
Can you let the ping finish, or control C it, so we can see the % of packet loss.

Have you tried upgrading your router firmware and NIC drivers?

It was 10% packet loss after that. I've updated my firmware and it still does this. I've borrowed other people's routers, A netgear, linksys 54G, motorola, and my BEFW11S4 and it's just as bad on any. The others dont get obnoxious packet loss like mine though. It's a new trend on mine

Jung

???
Premium
Have you tried downgrading the firmware then? If it's the same on all, then try updating your NIC card drivers.