WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

incredible

tzedek

Original Member
so i am looking around for a cheapo computer to set up as a workstation and for some lan games when i have a friend over. not really looking for anythign special. so i am talking about it with a friend of mne and my other friend is there and hes like "yeah i got a computer im sick of looking at it come take it away." so i go check it out. cdrom and cd burner, vid card and p3. hes like well i was going to sell it to someone a while ago for 50 but they never came back so 35 for you bud. ok deal. i get this thing home and i cant believe it.

heres the specs on my $35 box...

512 pc133 RAM
20 gig HDD
64mb AGP GeForce 2 mx 200
48X cdrom and a 12X burner
and one extra exuast fan.

what a deal... :D

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
lol.

actually that's pretty damn good. if you wanted to host games i'd recommend throwing a new hdd in there and you're set (you can get an 80 gig 7200 RPM Western Diggie for about 45-50 bucks...i'd say it's worth that). Other than that: a p3 can easily host games (speaking from experience) and who gives a shit about the graphics card in the dedicated server...it doesnt really help anything. definitely a good deal bro.

Descent

Hella Constipated
If it does not have a Via chipset in there, slap in a Radeon 9550.

Via Chipset + 9600/9550 = LOCKUP HELL!