Installer Failing

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
My place of employment was doing a little spring cleaning, and I was able to nab a copy of Visual Studio 6.0; however, when I try and install it, it hangs at the "searching for installed components" screen. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Jung

???
Premium
Fire_ze_Missles said:
My place of employment was doing a little spring cleaning, and I was able to nab a copy of Visual Studio 6.0; however, when I try and install it, it hangs at the "searching for installed components" screen. Any ideas on how to get around this?
I have no idea, my copy installed just fine. Have you searched Technet yet? There may be a KB article on the problem. Just fyi, don't upgrade to .NET, it's a huge piece of shit.

Eat_my_nuttz

The Man You Love To Hate.
junglizm said:
I have no idea, my copy installed just fine. Have you searched Technet yet? There may be a KB article on the problem. Just fyi, don't upgrade to .NET, it's a huge piece of shit.

Amen salad fingers.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
junglizm said:

Haha, I had a previous copy of 6.0 on my computer, and I uninstalled it to go to .NET. But working with .NET was gay, and I have wanted 6.0 on my computer again. I think .NET is conflicting with 6.0. I'm gonna check Technet now. :thumbsup:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Sounds like a bad disk to me as well. I had a copy of VS6.0 that did the same thing. I have the UT copy now.