WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Installer Failing

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
My place of employment was doing a little spring cleaning, and I was able to nab a copy of Visual Studio 6.0; however, when I try and install it, it hangs at the "searching for installed components" screen. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Jung

???
Premium
Fire_ze_Missles said:
My place of employment was doing a little spring cleaning, and I was able to nab a copy of Visual Studio 6.0; however, when I try and install it, it hangs at the "searching for installed components" screen. Any ideas on how to get around this?
I have no idea, my copy installed just fine. Have you searched Technet yet? There may be a KB article on the problem. Just fyi, don't upgrade to .NET, it's a huge piece of shit.

Eat_my_nuttz

The Man You Love To Hate.
junglizm said:
I have no idea, my copy installed just fine. Have you searched Technet yet? There may be a KB article on the problem. Just fyi, don't upgrade to .NET, it's a huge piece of shit.
Amen salad fingers.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
junglizm said:

Haha, I had a previous copy of 6.0 on my computer, and I uninstalled it to go to .NET. But working with .NET was gay, and I have wanted 6.0 on my computer again. I think .NET is conflicting with 6.0. I'm gonna check Technet now. :thumbsup:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Sounds like a bad disk to me as well. I had a copy of VS6.0 that did the same thing. I have the UT copy now.