WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Intelligence Now

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#1
I got back from the movies the other day and finally had some quiet time to think about what I had just seen. The only striking thing about the night had been the advertisement/previews before the movie. When I think back to the flashing lights, quick editing, repetitive phrases and loud distracting music, I cant help but picture those sterotypical "conditioning" machines they show on TV or describe in books....the kind of thing that straps on your head and flashes images and soundbytes and finally breaks you and makes you subservient. Why does corporate america think they can get away with this shit. Are we simply a nation of fat sheep, who only need flashing lights and and cheesy rock music to inspire us to line up and throw our dime in the bucket. Are any of you actually moved to buy any of the shit you see on TV? When you're hungry...do you really crave fast food? When you're thirsty...is pepsi the first thing you think about? Do you think you were born like that? Doesnt it fucking scare you that the only thing you truly own (your mind) has been broken into and altered to suit the needs of wealthy men. I cant tell you what my solution to all of this is because I dont have one...I just wanted to bring it to the front of everyones mind.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#2
bigck3000 said:
Doesnt it fucking scare you that the only thing you truly own (your mind) has been broken into and altered to suit the needs of wealthy men.
The answer is to be your own filter.
  • Stop watching crap
  • Stop reading crap
  • Stop listening to crap
  • Stop eating crap
It is the only way to live an authentic life.
 

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
682
1
0
#4
bigck3000 said:
Are we simply a nation of fat sheep, who only need flashing lights and and cheesy rock music to inspire us to line up and throw our dime in the bucket.
Don't ask questions you don't really want an answer to...
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
685
257
#5
commercials and more generally, pop-culture are a chronic repetition of twisted, corny values with the sole intention of bending your mind so you can spend more on crappier stuff. I can't help but be disgusted when I think about it. I wish we could just go back to the roots of family, nature, things we really need.

welcome back ck
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#6
rage said:
commercials and more generally, pop-culture are a chronic repetition of twisted, corny values with the sole intention of bending your mind so you can spend more on crappier stuff. I can't help but be disgusted when I think about it. I wish we could just go back to the roots of family, nature, things we really need.
*Rage puts on his favorite FUBU hoodie... hops in his Saturn... heads to McDonalds to complete his Incredibles collection..
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#7
yeah. the media sucks. there are maybe three major outlets from which every american is exposed to through tv, radio, and newspaper sources and it tends to be obvious, biased, and when not, overkill of advertisements.

its sad there are very few alternatives. its terrible people believe everything they see, hear or read whether on the internet or from another media outlet...its brainwashing. communism. you might as well call our programming "state run" crap. thats how i feel anyway.

not only are we less free today than before, but we are programmed to think less- on purpose! with the numbing of the mind being "en vogue" you have to wonder if humans are really the drones every sci-fi episode depicted futuristically...because i feel like a bot... the loss of identity, purpose, progress, excellence, etc...all non-emotional, un-human qualities.
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#8
gurlgonewild said:
yeah. the media sucks. there are maybe three major outlets from which every american is exposed to through tv, radio, and newspaper sources and it tends to be obvious, biased, and when not, overkill of advertisements.

its sad there are very few alternatives. its terrible people believe everything they see, hear or read whether on the internet or from another media outlet...its brainwashing. communism. you might as well call our programming "state run" crap. thats how i feel anyway.

not only are we less free today than before, but we are programmed to think less- on purpose! with the numbing of the mind being "en vogue" you have to wonder if humans are really the drones every sci-fi episode depicted futuristically...because i feel like a bot... the loss of identity, purpose, progress, excellence, etc...all non-emotional, un-human qualities.
Well lad, this proves, you must be thinking.

That's dangerous in the good ol' US of A.

The hysteria around communism was to cover up the fascist takeover of America itself. America has been brainwashed for decennia already!

That's why the voted for a clown as their president, a man they wouldn't even let running a kindergarten in Europe, because he holds books upside down when reading. ;)
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
685
257
#9
DanGeo23 said:
*Rage puts on his favorite FUBU hoodie... hops in his Saturn... heads to McDonalds to complete his Incredibles collection..
I don't go to mcdonalds, it's sick and they destroy the tropical forest
And their burgers are sooo cheap and thin.
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#10
RedOctober said:
The hysteria around communism was to cover up the fascist takeover of America itself. America has been brainwashed for decennia already! ;)
it was poignant to use the term "communism" as it is mostly attributed to state run tv these days...its usage depicts a very clear mental picture for the reader. not so much as a political statement.

Rage against said:
I don't go to mcdonalds, it's sick and they destroy the tropical forest
And their burgers are sooo cheap and thin.
mc'ds fries are so good if fresh. mmm mmm mmm! yum
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#12
gurlgonewild said:
it was poignant to use the term "communism" as it is mostly attributed to state run tv these days...its usage depicts a very clear mental picture for the reader. not so much as a political statement.
MWAHAAAAAHAAAAA

American state TV and communism..??

Well well...

It shows perfectly clear how insane American society is today!
I have seen some sites where President FD Roosevelt was depicted as a communist though.. :confused:
Houw stupid can anyone get??
The guys who came up with that idea must be totally freakin' nuts!