WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Intelligent and Analytical Women?

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#1
Are we at a loss for this? I mean, honestly, does anyone know any?

My mother is extremely smart, but cannot anaylze jack shit, so in a sense it's the "Jeapordy Mind" and can't really "think," foresay. I've just given up trying to communicate with her. Not an ounce of thought goes into what I say and I become angry about it.

Due to all these experinces with my mother over all the years, I am only friends with women who have both qualities. As a result, the amount of female friends I have to male friends is disproportionate - I have three female friends, and over a dozen male friends.

So what the hell is this? Having one without the other is like having a car without tires. And what's scary is that my mother and father get along perfectly. I've only seen one argument my whole life. And it wasn't heated, but still scared the fuck out of me.

I can't even begin to tolerate being around my mom. And I'm like my father in some respects, certainly less than in previous years.

But it's frustrating to know there are so few people of the opposite sex who you enjoy being around. People always ask me, "Jim, why don't you date?" Fortunately they understand my situation.

But does anyone else here feel like I do? This isn't in the tavern because I want the women of the board to chime in too.
 
4,149
1
0
#2
Descent said:
Are we at a loss for this? I mean, honestly, does anyone know any?

My mother is extremely smart, but cannot anaylze jack shit, so in a sense it's the "Jeapordy Mind" and can't really "think," foresay. I've just given up trying to communicate with her. Not an ounce of thought goes into what I say and I become angry about it.

Due to all these experinces with my mother over all the years, I am only friends with women who have both qualities. As a result, the amount of female friends I have to male friends is disproportionate - I have three female friends, and over a dozen male friends.

So what the hell is this? Having one without the other is like having a car without tires. And what's scary is that my mother and father get along perfectly. I've only seen one argument my whole life. And it wasn't heated, but still scared the fuck out of me.

I can't even begin to tolerate being around my mom. And I'm like my father in some respects, certainly less than in previous years.

But it's frustrating to know there are so few people of the opposite sex who you enjoy being around. People always ask me, "Jim, why don't you date?" Fortunately they understand my situation.

But does anyone else here feel like I do? This isn't in the tavern because I want the women of the board to chime in too.
You obviously haven't studied the mind and how it works differently for women. Men tend to be more right brained (and I do tend to get confused on which side's which, so if I'm wrong about which side does what someone correct me) which deals with logic and analyzing. Women, while we tend to be able to use both hemispheres of our brain better than men (and this is true, not me bragging), are more left-brained. We deal with English, and artsy stuff better than we deal with logic (see guys it's not our fault that we're not logical) and analyzing. Women are also the more compassionate and emotional gender, so we tend to go based on faith more than we go based on logic and analyzing a situation. For you to not be friends with a woman who doesn't analyze things is like expecting a mentally handicapped student to get extremely good grades on a test, unfair. Now, I tend to analyze things, but that's probably only because I was raised by a man and in a scientific household.
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#3
my wife has the same problem.. she's smart in what she knows... history, and such... but basic problem solving is a total loss for her..
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#4
tiger_86 said:
... I was raised by a man and in a scientific household.

That sounds like you're a clone...

I tend to pick up what you're saying, Descent... I don't really hang out with anyone except my girlfriend and my band which makes it hard to say most of the population, but I tend to not see logic in things that my girlfriend or my drummer are saying...
 
4,149
1
0
#5
Boycott said:
That sounds like you're a clone...

I tend to pick up what you're saying, Descent... I don't really hang out with anyone except my girlfriend and my band which makes it hard to say most of the population, but I tend to not see logic in things that my girlfriend or my drummer are saying...
Hehe, maybe that can be my excuse. I'm not a clone, everyone be rest assured about that. I was just meaning that my dad and extended family are all very science oriented, and I was raised in a household with that background. I'm starting to get into the groove of being female over being a tomboy, but it takes time. :(
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#6
tiger_86 said:
Hehe, maybe that can be my excuse. I'm not a clone, everyone be rest assured about that. I was just meaning that my dad and extended family are all very science oriented, and I was raised in a household with that background. I'm starting to get into the groove of being female over being a tomboy, but it takes time. :(
Yarr, two of my female friends were also raised by computer geeks, but one of 'em ain't a geek. Nor tomboys.

Am I seeing a pattern here or what?
 
685
0
0
#7
It's just women, man. Find something else that you like about them :)
There ARE plenty of other things to like about them, by the way. :cool:
Seriously, they're never going to analyze things to death the way we do. Placing those expectations on every girl you meet might do more harm that good. And, just because they don't analyze like we do doesn't mean they're not intelligent. Keep looking, man. Oh, and aren't you like 17? yeah, give it up. Not sure if I remember any girls like that existing when I was 17.
 
2,489
332
327
#8
I know one...sorta. She's like hovering between dumb-preppy-type and intellegent/analytical....but that's like one person out of 3600 in our school.
 
4,149
1
0
#9
Descent said:
Yarr, two of my female friends were also raised by computer geeks, but one of 'em ain't a geek. Nor tomboys.

Am I seeing a pattern here or what?
So....what? If they're not like you you can't find anything to like about them? Seems kind of close minded to me. True, similarities are needed, but opposites can attract, and believe me when I say that being exactly the same is the death of a relationship. My first boyfriend and I were exactly alike in every way. It was scary. Before we even started dating we were finishing each other's sentences and reading each other's thoughts. For the first year and a half it was paradise because for both of us we were letting our stubborn sides show only through joking around, you know like who would pay for dinner etc. We never fought until the first time we broke up, and then boy were they UGLY. My point is, don't look for someone exactly like you. There's a quote that says something like, "Love isn't seeing a perfect person, it's about seeing an imperfect person perfectly."