WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

iPod Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=X!X=-

Fresh Meat
MY FUCKING IPOD BROKE IN A PROTECTIVE CASE ABOUT 30 inches of the fucking groung fuck you apple!!!!

Jung

???
Premium
Haha, what a tard. I guess it's somehow Apple's fault that you dropped your iPod. Dumbass.

P.S. iPods are pretty damn sturdy, I've dropped mine a bunch of times and it still works fine.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
-=X!X=- said:
MY FUCKING IPOD BROKE IN A PROTECTIVE CASE ABOUT 30 inches of the fucking groung fuck you apple!!!!
Sucks to be you.

keebs

Particinator
i want a Ipod, like a 20gb, b/c i needs it.

Jung

???
Premium
-=X!X=- said:
Seriously though, if you have Apple Care they will fix your iPod in under a week. If they can't fix it in that time they will replace it for free.

If you don't have Apple Care, well, then you're a cheap jackass who is shit out of luck and should learn to be more careful with expensive electronics.

har-har-har

I am laughter.
i have an ipod and i left in my car, and it was freezing out (around -30) and when i got back in my car (after 3 hours) the screen was a bit messed up until it got warmer, but it still works, and i've dropped it, also X!X is an idiot

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
If you don't have Apple Care, well, then you're a cheap jackass who is shit out of luck and should learn to be more careful with expensive electronics.
My money is on him being a cheap jackass. :thumbsup:

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
lol Max. :thumbsup:

I want an Ipod too. :( I guess Ima have to save up. :D

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
MaxPower said:
My money is on him being a cheap jackass. :thumbsup:
We already know he's a jackass so you're only betting on him being cheap. And based on his "typing" skills we know he's a dumbass. And dumbasses tend to be cheap.

So really, you're just hedging your bets now aren't you?

-=X!X=- said:
Mr. Asshat,

I don't really know why I'm telling you this as you're "fucking" my company, and letting you know this loses them a bit of money, but if it truly was 30 inches (btw, two and a half feet is rather high if you dropped it onto concrete or something, try dropping your PC 2.5 feet while it's running) anyways, if you take it to an apple store, or send it to apple directly, they will replace it for free assuming there are no major dents or other evidence of abuse by you.

I hate you. 'Nuff said.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I like the appeal and warranty (I guess that's what Apple Care is) behind iPods, but the price is rediculous for what you get compared to the Creative Zen or other such products. I'd love to own an iPod, but I'm afraid I don't have the money and I'd be skeptical about buying something that costs more and cant store as many songs as a similar product (or the same amount, just costing more).

edit:

Like I said...
iPod vs Zen Xtra

I guess the iPod does look cooler though...

As far as durability goes, you kinda have to try to break an iPod (or just do something very careless). They aren't extremely delicate. They were made for minor wear and tear. In other words, you either
a) put your iPod through some abuse before it broke
b) damaged it by doing something a bit more extreme than dropping it from 3 feet
c) are just really unlucky...sorry tool

I'm going with (a) or (b).

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
I like the appeal and warranty (I guess that's what Apple Care is) behind iPods, but the price is rediculous for what you get compared to the Creative Zen or other such products.
Apple Care is the extended warranty. Apple products are covered with 90 days of phone support and 1 year of repairs. Apple Care usually runs about $250 and covers you for three years, so if you play it right you can get 4 years support on their products for a decent price.
I'd love to own an iPod, but I'm afraid I don't have the money and I'd be skeptical about buying something that costs more and cant store as many songs as a similar product.
iPods are the most durable and reliable mp3 players I've ever used or seen. You're going to pay a small "Apple tax," but it's well worth it for the quality. I drop mine all the time, from some pretty decent heights (waiste and sholder level) and it's never gotten more than a scratch or nick. My friend dropped his Zen Xtra once and it died. Also, you'd be surprised how close the competitors prices are.

4GB iPod mini - $199 + free shipping
4GB Zen Micro - $179
6GB iPod mini - $249 + free shipping
6GB Zen Micro - $229

The Creative's don't really get much cheaper until you get into the 30 and 60GB models.

Edit: You linked a Nomad in your post, not an Xtra. :p

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
junglizm said:
I drop mine all the time, from some pretty decent heights (waiste and sholder level) and it's never gotten more than a scratch or nick. My friend dropped his Zen Xtra once and it died. Also, you'd be surprised how close the competitors prices are.
werent you the one who said that "reviews dont matter...you never know if thats accurate information" :rolleyes:

Cheers! I'm taking your advice.

junglizm said:
The Creative's don't really get much cheaper until you get into the 30 and 60GB models.
Well that's what I compared and that's what I'm suggesting for people interested in the difference between those 2 models.

The iPod Mini is cheaper!

junglizm said:
Edit: You linked a Nomad in your post, not an Xtra. :p

I'm just mentioning something. You don't always have to be on the defense to prove everyone wrong. It gets old.

Jung

???
Premium
teh anarchist said:
Also, iTunes rocks any other music software.
I actually hate iTunes. I use Foobar as my audio player in Windows, and Amarok in Linux and OSX. I use Anapod to manage files and playlists.

LiberatioN said:
werent you the one who said that "reviews dont matter...you never know if thats accurate information" :rolleyes:

Cheers! I'm taking your advice.
Who is talking about reviews here? :confused: That's just my opinion, based on personal experiences. Well, because you brought it up. I was just making conversation on this internet discussion forum; I wasn't giving you a review. You should also note that I said people on NewEgg are generally clueless, and their reviews aren't grounds to buy something that you haven't researched. If you consider me clueless, or you're still mad because we pointed out your horrible suggestion for a no name, unrated PSU, then feel free to disregard everything I said. No need to get pissy about it though.
The iPod Mini is cheaper!
Wasn't the Zen cheaper even for the minis? :confused:
I'm just mentioning something. You don't always have to be on the defense to prove everyone wrong. It gets old.
I wasn't; it's called conversation, dude.

Your entire posts confuses and astounds... good show.

Btw, my bad on the Nomad thing, I misread that.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
-=X!X=- said:
WORD! dippy.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The Zen Xtra looks like a tank but is about as durable as a Q-tip. The iPod looks like a compact car but is about as durable as a tank.

:thumbssideways:

Status
Not open for further replies.