WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

iPod rival?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I think I like that layout better. My iPod is great, for christmas last year everyone in the office (about 25 people) got one, don't get me wrong. However, I think this look is much sleeker; I like black better than white. :thumbsup:

tzedek

Original Member
I dont have an ipod, but i thought that there were already rivals to it? like sony high md walkman or something.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Doesn't look like anything to special, ipod already looks like a cleaner layout..

Jung

???
Premium
tzedek said:
like sony high md walkman or something.
It has a very close ended platform, it's much worse than the iPod. I have no clue about "something", although I'm sure it's a wonderful product; it's name is simply awesome. You obviously missed the point though; the iPod has, by far, the best audio processor and software, this "rival" utilizes those very things. It's essentially an iPod, with out the exburant Macintosh price tag. (or the shitty color.)

Tiejaz

Owner of n00bZ
ipod?

there are so many better options...
Creative Zen, Dell, Sony, RCA, basically anything. ipod is crap. overpriced crap

Descent

Hella Constipated
I like my 20GB Entempo Spirit. Huge as hell, and an awesome player, but it came with a bad hard drive. Gonna have to exchange it. It's not their fault though, it was whoever supplied them with the hard drive. The interface is identical to that of the iPod, with a few exceptions, such as a different font and icons. Overall, it's great, and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
creative zen xtra> ipod
because
30 gig zen=$199
15 gig ipod=$299
a little shoppers advice, DO NOT get the gateway dmp it is complete crap!

Jung

???
Premium
Eh, I have the 20GB iPod and I'm completely happy with it. It's definitely a quality product; I've dropped mine so many times and it still works flawlessly. My friend, on the other hand, dropped his Zen twice and it's already broken. Apparently, they're not too well made.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
junglizm said:
Eh, I have the 20GB iPod and I'm completely happy with it. It's definitely a quality product; I've dropped mine so many times and it still works flawlessly. My friend, on the other hand, dropped his Zen twice and it's already broken. Apparently, they're not too well made.
My buddy's wife is in Iraq, she was gettin bored, and wanted her hubby to buy an MP3 player, download some music to it and send it to her. He buys a Creative Zen blah blah blah, and right out of the box, after downloading the music for the first time, the display craps out... talk about getting what you pay for. :thumbsdn:

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
junglizm said:
It has a very close ended platform, it's much worse than the iPod. I have no clue about "something", although I'm sure it's a wonderful product; it's name is simply awesome. You obviously missed the point though; the iPod has, by far, the best audio processor and software, this "rival" utilizes those very things. It's essentially an iPod, with out the exburant Macintosh price tag. (or the shitty color.)
holy poop, I might actually look into buying this. I am in love with my new Medion 5.1 flat panel Speaker System.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
i pods arent bad value ive seen 128mb mp3 players for $110 but you can geht 100x as much memory and more for about triple the price which is pretty good

Descent

Hella Constipated
BillyBob13 said:
creative zen xtra>ipod
WRONG. Entempo Spirit > Zen Xtra.

Why?

Same size, better interface, hard drive shock protection, voice recording, FM radio tuning/recording, better construction, and 20GB. Price? $140.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
See I like my Net Md, just because I like just puting in a disk with all my music instead of needing to go through many menus. just my opinion.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have a Dell DJ and it's a piece of crap that stopped working three months after I bought it (I need to call dell and get that sorted out)...

My friend has a creative Zen and it works fine. Another of my friends bought an iPod yesterday, and completely messed it up trying to put music on it (I fixed it later). Iunno, the Zen seems more intuitive, but the iPod looks sweet, works great (if you do it right), and has a ton of options (mini, pictures, etc). The Dell is a piece of crap that breaks in three months (and I didn't drop it once). Whatever.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Anyone have experience with the Polaroid/Digital Media Juke Jam Player? It's surprisingly cheap, a mere $220 for 40gig with dimensions of 4.6 x 3 x 1.1 inches (HxWxD). I think that puts it a bit bulkier than the other players, but nothing unmanagable. Some additional details can be found here: http://www.compuvest.us/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=67730

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
[sky] said:
See I like my Net Md, just because I like just puting in a disk with all my music instead of needing to go through many menus. just my opinion.
<3 my RioVolt SP350 mp3 disc player + FM, but it was stolen when I went to London. :(