WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Iraq Body Count

The real question is, why?
Why would anyone ever consider themselvs justified in killing others for no reason? I mean, WTF?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
WTFNation said:
Check it out:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Most have been killed by insurgents after the fall of Saddam. Sure USA, Iraq is much safer now! Keep up the good work!

:thumbsdn:

WTFN
Well according to some people, like DanGeo, Iraq is better off now than it was with Saddam.. Should we ship him on a bus in Bagdad?

RageAgainst said:
Well according to some people, like DanGeo, Iraq is better off now than it was with Saddam.. Should we ship him on a bus in Bagdad?
Amen to that!!!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
DanGeo is in the reserve. That's a very real possibility. He's got his money where his mouth is, gentlemen.

Icarus said:
DanGeo is in the reserve. That's a very real possibility. He's got his money where his mouth is, gentlemen.
He's got ignorance coming out of his mouth as well. Hopefully when he's there he'll see what a good job we're doing. :thumbsup:

R

RedOctober

Well... Here it is....
The ol' and trusted wackedoo wackedoo music.

-----------------------------------
Come on all you big strong men,
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in desert lands.
So put down your books and pick up the gun
We're gonna have a whole lot of fun!

(Chorus)
And it's 1 2 3 what are we fighting for?
Don't ask me I don't give a damn!
Next stop another Viet Nam.
And it's 5 6 7 open up the pearly gates.
There ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee! We're all gonna die.

Come on generals let's move fast,
Your big chance has come at last.
Gotta go out there and break some heads.
The only good enemy is one that's dead.
And you know the peace can only be won,
When you blow 'em all to kingdom come!

(Repeat chorus)

Well come on Wall Street - don't move slow,
Why man, this is war-a-go-go!
There's plenty of money to be made
By supplying the army with the tools of the trade.
Just look at it my way - if you drop the Bomb,
Well, it's all part of the fun!

(Repeat chorus)

Well come on mothers don't delay,
Pack your boys off to the Gulf today.
Come on fathers don't hesitate,
Send them off before it's too late.
Be the first one on your block
To have your boy come home in a box!

(Repeat chorus)

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Gee... it's too bad _Kitana_'s not around anymore to offer her extremely insightful opinions on the Iraq war and how it ensures her freedom as an American... :rolleyes: </sarcasm>

GWB's mind control programme seemed to work well on her.

Cheers,

WTFN

R

RedOctober

Well...
Express your feelings with music.. :rolleyes:

This is for the Brits..
<toungh in cheek>

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Noel Coward

In tropical climes there are certain times of day
When all the citizens retire to tear their clothes off and perspire.
It's one of the rules that the greatest fools obey,
Because the sun is much too sultry
And one must avoid its ultry-violet ray.
The natives grieve when the white men leave their huts,
Because they're obviously, definitely nuts!

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun,
The Japanese don´t care to, the Chinese wouldn´t dare to,
Hindus and Argentines sleep firmly from twelve to one
But Englishmen detest-a siesta.
In the Philippines they have lovely screens to protect you from the glare.
In the Malay States, there are hats like plates which the Britishers won't wear.
At twelve noon the natives swoon and no further work is done,
But mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

It's such a surprise for the Eastern eyes to see,
that though the English are effete, they're quite impervious to heat,
When the white man rides every native hides in glee,
Because the simple creatures hope he will impale his solar topee on a tree.
It seems such a shame when the English claim the earth,
They give rise to such hilarity and mirth.
Ha ha ha ha hoo hoo hoo hoo hee hee hee hee ......

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
The toughest Burmese bandit can never understand it.
In Rangoon the heat of noon is just what the natives shun,
They put their Scotch or Rye down, and lie down.
In a jungle town where the sun beats down to the rage of man and beast
The English garb of the English sahib merely gets a bit more creased.
In Bangkok at twelve o'clock they foam at the mouth and run,

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
The smallest Malay rabbit deplores this foolish habit.
In Hong Kong they strike a gong and fire off a noonday gun,
To reprimand each inmate who's in late.
In the mangrove swamps where the python romps
there is peace from twelve till two.
Even caribous lie around and snooze, for there's nothing else to do.
In Bengal to move at all is seldom ever done,

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I'm saddened by all the innocent deaths, but it's all Capitalism baby.

Deaths don't matter, commerce does. If a few deaths will help commerce..... you do the math.

magnolia

Postaholic
I think any loss of life is unjustified. Especially if the loss is in a war and ESPECIALLY if the life lost was not that of someone fighting the war, but that of someone who's only mistake was getting caught in the crossfire. I don't support this war and I never have and I don't care what bad rep I get for saying this. I know we had to do something when 9/11 happened, but taking over a country, tearing it down, and then not allowing them to rebuild as they want with help is wrong. They've been saying all along that we haven't invaded or taken over Iraq, but take a look around and then you tell me that we didn't take over those poor people's lives. Sure, they don't have to fear the extreme laws of Suddam, but now they have to fear for their lives for different reasons. At least with Suddam they knew why they were being killed.

R

RedOctober

History tells that an economy in need switches over to war-economy.
And a war machine can only run if the wheels are greased with human guts.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Should we ship him on a bus in Bagdad?
you'll be happy to know... I have seen my orders.. and I have to report to active duty in mid August... with a trip shortly there after to the desert... you will be able to post your drivel without much resistance..

I don't even know where to begin on this site...
so I'll start with... this site has a transparent agenda... read the Who's who section and most of them are self-proclaimed activists... and most have their own anti-war websites and blogs... so I don't think it would be a far stretch for me to call the site biased... I wouldn't post a report on body counts in Iraq that was compiled by Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove and Ted Nugent...

the "Max" number is about 74% fewer than the 100,000 "innocent" deaths that some of you claimed earlier... and I told you the # was BS... you guys thought I didn't know what I was talking about... now you rally around this new #.. which is it...
Canadian POV said:
but none of us were crying over the 100000 iraqis who died as a result of the us/uk invasion.
Rage said:
100k deaths doesn't mean they were all directly killed. It means BECAUSE of the war, they died. Maybe they died from hunger, maybe kids died of the flu because hospitals were closed, or maybe they lived next door to a target, or whatever reason that is indirectly or directly caused by the war. Everyone is affected, but young kids, women, and the elderly are most strongly touched.
Rage said:
far more than 8000 and could easily reach 95,000 combined with those who died in bombings and such.
this site tries to take all responsibility for murder away from the people committing the act and place it on the US... .. . if someone were to make some bombs and take them into a movie theater in (insert small town USA) and kill 50 people... would it be the fault of the government of aforementioned small town... no... if a bomber attacks a crowd of children in Iraq how exactly is that the fault of the US... now .. since that bomber wouldn't have a military uniform on.... does he get counted on your lil website... none of the people that are perpetrating the crimes against the Iraqi populous are are wearing uniforms... so I am sure they all have been counted....

IBC said:
This includes civilian deaths resulting from the breakdown in law and order, and deaths due to inadequate health care or sanitation.
wow... Saddam had a universal health care and sanitation utopia.. before those evil crusaders came to oppress the Iraqis... were this site even remotely objective.. they would have posted the # of people that died as a result of these same things under the Saddam regime... and compared the #'s.. surely the country wasn't gonna go from where it was to a utopia in this amount of time...
better yet.. they woulda mentioned how many people died yearly as a result of Saddams torture and oppression... from the moment he took office.. and made a Saddam body count website...
Keep up the good work...

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
DanGeo23 said:
you'll be happy to know... I have seen my orders.. and I have to report to active duty in mid August... with a trip shortly there after to the desert... you will be able to post your drivel without much resistance..

Have fun, enjoy the sunshine! Bet you'll get a wicked tan! Then come back and tell us how great this cause is. We'll all be waiting.

WTFN

DanGeo23 said:
That sucks, then we won't have a neocon to kick around anymore.
DanGeo23 said:
I don't even know where to begin on this site...
so I'll start with... this site has a transparent agenda... read the Who's who section and most of them are self-proclaimed activists... and most have their own anti-war websites and blogs... so I don't think it would be a far stretch for me to call the site biased... I wouldn't post a report on body counts in Iraq that was compiled by Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove and Ted Nugent...
Well, the majority of people on this site probably are left-wing, it's true and I admit it, but that doesn't mean they aren't right.
DanGeo23 said:
the "Max" number is about 74% fewer than the 100,000 "innocent" deaths that some of you claimed earlier... and I told you the # was BS... you guys thought I didn't know what I was talking about... now you rally around this new #.. which is it...
Well, The IBC number is likely more accurate, owing to the more scientific nature of the count, but it probably does underestimate the number of deaths, because the media doesn't report everything (Chechnya for example).
But all this is beside the point, Iraq was invaded because the neocon agenda, as set down by the Project for the New American Century, demanded it. WMDs or no WMDs, gassed Kurds or no gassed kurds, the Bush administration was planning to invade them. 9/11 gave them an opportunity, and they used it to full advantage.

DanGeo23 said:
this site tries to take all responsibility for murder away from the people committing the act and place it on the US... .. . if someone were to make some bombs and take them into a movie theater in (insert small town USA) and kill 50 people... would it be the fault of the government of aforementioned small town... no... if a bomber attacks a crowd of children in Iraq how exactly is that the fault of the US... now .. since that bomber wouldn't have a military uniform on.... does he get counted on your lil website... none of the people that are perpetrating the crimes against the Iraqi populous are are wearing uniforms... so I am sure they all have been counted....
I disagree, the individual soldier is responsible for his/her actions, but they are still required to obey orders. These orders come from higher up. The actions of the United States Armed Forces are the responsibility of said UNITED STATES. George Bush, as Commander-in-Chief of the US Army, is responsible for the orders that he gives.

DanGeo23 said:
wow... Saddam had a universal health care and sanitation utopia.. before those evil crusaders came to oppress the Iraqis... were this site even remotely objective.. they would have posted the # of people that died as a result of these same things under the Saddam regime... and compared the #'s.. surely the country wasn't gonna go from where it was to a utopia in this amount of time...
better yet.. they woulda mentioned how many people died yearly as a result of Saddams torture and oppression... from the moment he took office.. and made a Saddam body count website...
Keep up the good work...
Saddam ran a country that was far from perfect, there were serious problems with his government, but it was better than NO government. Anarchy is not a great system, for one thing, it doesn't provide essential services, Saddam, bad as he was, did provide these services.
Also, the USA isn't a universal health care/sanitation utopia either.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
That sucks, then we won't have a neocon to kick around anymore.
hmm.. guess I don't feel "kicked around"... and I don't feel I am a neocon.. I have always been a conservative...
Well, the majority of people on this site probably are left-wing, it's true and I admit it, but that doesn't mean they aren't right.
nope... just means they are slanted and may fall into that self-fulfilling prophecy..
Project for the New American Century, demanded it.
I am almost positive that I would find some crazy shit were I to look at some left-wing think tanks... but regime change has been the US policy in regards to Iraq since the first Bush.. to include the Prophet Clinton...
I disagree, the individual soldier is responsible for his/her actions, but they are still required to obey orders. These orders come from higher up. The actions of the United States Armed Forces are the responsibility of said UNITED STATES. George Bush, as Commander-in-Chief of the US Army, is responsible for the orders that he gives.
you missed the point.. the site attempts to take the blame away from the insurgents/terrorists or whatever you want to call them.. like the douche bag that blew up US soldiers and kids while the kids were getting candy from the soldiers... they tack those kids and the bomber up as civilian deaths caused by the US.... seems like accountability not being placed in the spot...
Also, the USA isn't a universal health care/sanitation utopia either
Thank (insert Deity of choice)!!!

DanGeo23 said:
nope... just means they are slanted and may fall into that self-fulfilling prophecy..
That is a matter of opinion...
DanGeo23 said:
I am almost positive that I would find some crazy shit were I to look at some left-wing think tanks...
Perhaps, but those crazy left-wing think tanks are not in power in the worlds dominant superpower, are they?
DanGeo23 said:
regime change has been the US policy in regards to Iraq since the first Bush.. to include the Prophet Clinton...
I don't like Clinton.
DanGeo23 said:
you missed the point.. the site attempts to take the blame away from the insurgents/terrorists or whatever you want to call them.. like the douche bag that blew up US soldiers and kids while the kids were getting candy from the soldiers... they tack those kids and the bomber up as civilian deaths caused by the US.... seems like accountability not being placed in the spot...
What would you do if YOU were an Iraqi? Sit back and ALLOW a foreign power to invade your country?? You're in the reserve, I respect that, if say, Canada was the world's superpower, and we invaded America, wouldn't you want to drive out the foreign invader? Wouldn't you do whatever it took to restore your countrie's soveriegnty?
DanGeo23 said:
Thank (insert Deity of choice)!!!
That says a lot about you.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
canadian_pov said:
That is a matter of opinion...
no.. not an opinion.... they are slanted... its like me going to the bar with my father and his buddies from work.... they all work at GM... and talking to them about what brand of car I should buy... they prolly won't say Mazda...

canadian_pov said:
Perhaps, but those crazy left-wing think tanks are not in power in the worlds dominant superpower, are they?
Thank Jehova, Vishnu, Budda, Budda's dad, God, or whomever..

canadian_pov said:
What would you do if YOU were an Iraqi? Sit back and ALLOW a foreign power to invade your country?? You're in the reserve, I respect that, if say, Canada was the world's superpower, and we invaded America, wouldn't you want to drive out the foreign invader? Wouldn't you do whatever it took to restore your countrie's soveriegnty?
totally different... But I am sure I wouldn't blow up kids.. to make a point..

canadian_pov said:
That says a lot about you.
ok... what...

DanGeo23 said:
no.. not an opinion.... they are slanted... its like me going to the bar with my father and his buddies from work.... they all work at GM... and talking to them about what brand of car I should buy... they prolly won't say Mazda...
True, but you are slanted as well. I try to see the other side's point of view, but so often they are so sure of themselves that they don't explain their positions, they simply say: "Fuck you."
DanGeo23 said:
Thank Jehova, Vishnu, Budda, Budda's dad, God, or whomever..
What about Allah?
DanGeo23 said:
totally different... But I am sure I wouldn't blow up kids.. to make a point..
Are you sure of that? Wouldn't you do whatever it took to defend your country?
DanGeo23 said:
ok... what...
That you are an asshole who doesn't want cleaness or for everyone to have access to health care.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
What about Allah?
he fell into the "whomever" category
That you are an asshole who doesn't want cleaness or for everyone to have access to health care.
I'm an asshole because I don't like socialized health care.. I'm an asshole because I believe that everyone has "access" to health care.. some are just too lazy to aquire it for themselves.. they would rather wait for another hand out... I am an asshole because I don't want a Health care utopia modeled after the "successful" programs in ... Cuba or Canada...