WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Iraq Cleric Vows Fight to Death Vs. U.S.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
NAJAF, Iraq - A radical cleric whose loyalists battled U.S. troops for the fifth straight day vowed Monday to fight to the death, and a suicide attacker detonated a car bomb northeast of the capital, killing six people and wounding the deputy governor who was the intended target, officials said.

Explosions and gunfire were heard throughout Najaf and U.S. helicopters hovered overhead as U.S. forces tried to drive Muqtada al-Sadr's Mahdi Army militiamen from a vast cemetery they have repeatedly used as a base. A U.S. tank rolled within 400 yards of Najaf's holiest site, the Imam Ali Shrine, also held by militiamen.

A Najaf hospital spokesman said three were killed, including two policemen, and 19 wounded. The U.S. military says hundreds of militants have been killed in the violence in recent days; the militiamen put the number far lower.

Al-Sadr vowed to keep up the battle.

"I will continue fighting," al-Sadr told reporters. "I will remain in Najaf city until the last drop of my blood has been spilled."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can not reason with that kind of crazy...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040809/photos_ts/mdf651212

You wonder what's going on in there: "why am I wearing this insane hat?

I live in the desert and it's freakin' 115 degrees, why do they make me wear this HAT? my brain's sweating, AHHHHHAGGAGGAGAGGA!"

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
NAJAF, Iraq - A radical cleric whose loyalists battled U.S. troops for the fifth straight day vowed Monday to fight to the death, and a suicide attacker detonated a car bomb northeast of the capital, killing six people and wounding the deputy governor who was the intended target, officials said.

Explosions and gunfire were heard throughout Najaf and U.S. helicopters hovered overhead as U.S. forces tried to drive Muqtada al-Sadr's Mahdi Army militiamen from a vast cemetery they have repeatedly used as a base. A U.S. tank rolled within 400 yards of Najaf's holiest site, the Imam Ali Shrine, also held by militiamen.

A Najaf hospital spokesman said three were killed, including two policemen, and 19 wounded. The U.S. military says hundreds of militants have been killed in the violence in recent days; the militiamen put the number far lower.

Al-Sadr vowed to keep up the battle.

"I will continue fighting," al-Sadr told reporters. "I will remain in Najaf city until the last drop of my blood has been spilled."
More like: "I will continue hiding," and he will remain in Najaf because that's where we have him pinned down.

Pachyderm

I really did.
"The Mercury in my hat has gone through my brain and completely rotted out my teeth." :sword:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
"The Mercury in my hat has gone through my brain and completely rotted out my teeth." :sword:
Yeah, a little light on the flossing...

Pachyderm

I really did.
That Orange Expressions toothpaste is meant to whiten your teeth.