WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Iraq : terror kills 1000

Yeah I heard about that this morning on the way to work. That really does suck. :thumbsdn:
It's interesting how the last few incidents have been directed at Iraqis themselves as opposed to Americans.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
FlipTheState said:
Yeah I heard about that this morning on the way to work. That really does suck. :thumbsdn:
It's interesting how the last few incidents have been directed at Iraqis themselves as opposed to Americans.
I think they should unite against the US, but they're too fucking retarded for that. It's traditionnal hate..

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
why strap a bomb to your chest when all ya gotta do is tell enough people that someone else has and let them kill themselves...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
the worst part is mostly women, children, & the elderly suffered/died.
it baffles me how unacceptable it is to murder a woman, child, or an elderly person... unless, it's in the name of war and martyrdom. absolute bullshit, assholes.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
gurlgonewild said:
Anyone who think's that this isn't sexist is a sexist.

People are afraid, the terrorists win. Lots of people die, the terrorists win. US looses lots of money, the terrorists win. US leaves Iraq, the terrorists win. Everything goes smoothly, the terrorists fight another day.
CATCH 22

ReiMeishin said:
That's retarded. Who gives a shit if it's sexist? What's your point? Do you feel as if there's something wrong with thinking that it sucks that women, children, and elderly were killed?
Thanks for wasting 23k of internet space.

jamesp

In Memory...
ReiMeishin said:

People are afraid, the terrorists win. Lots of people die, the terrorists win. US looses lots of money, the terrorists win. US leaves Iraq, the terrorists win. Everything goes smoothly, the terrorists fight another day.
CATCH 22
could you kill a man easier or a woman?

jamesp said:
could you kill a man easier or a woman?
More men die each year than women. Largely because men between 15-25 get killed all the time doing dumbass shit.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I try to look at the world in a progressive viewpoint. Think about it for a second. Why does it matter more when a woman is killed than when a man is killed? This nation has become completely desensitized to the fact the favoring women is just as sexist as favoring men.
As for killing a woman versus killing a man, faced with the decision I'd probobly down a few grains of nicotine and avoid the issue outright. If that is chickenshit, so be it.

jamesp

In Memory...
canadian_pov said:
More men die each year than women. Largely because men between 15-25 get killed all the time doing dumbass shit.
That is not the point. ReiShin quoted GGW saying this:

ReiShin said:
GGW said:
To which I asked him if would find it easier (mentally, physically maybe) to kill a man over a woman.

ReiShin said:
I try to look at the world in a progressive viewpoint. Think about it for a second. Why does it matter more when a woman is killed than when a man is killed? This nation has become completely desensitized to the fact the favoring women is just as sexist as favoring men.
As for killing a woman versus killing a man, faced with the decision I'd probobly down a few grains of nicotine and avoid the issue outright. If that is chickenshit, so be it.
This is hypothetical situation where you cannot avoid killing someone. The point is that you will never feel comfortable killing a woman over a man (as comfortable as one can feel killing someone) because for centuries, millenia, it has been ingrained in us that men defend and do the fighting and women are to manage the house. Though this last one has changed somewhat, there is still that tinge in ever human being about killing women (the weak) and children (the defenseless). Keep in mind that this does not reflect my personal ideals about women in society. Come to think of it, I dont even remember why I am doing this.....?

ReiMeishin said:
Bullshit. You're doing nothing more than playing devil's advocate. Take your 'progressive' bloviating and post something useful to the thread.

And here was me thinking this thread was about Iraq, not the concept of reverse sexism...

canadian_pov said:
And here was me thinking this thread was about Iraq, not the concept of reverse sexism...
You know...Bill O'Reilly would tell you that there's no such thing as reverse-sexism.... :cool:

jamesp

In Memory...
canadian_pov said:
No kidding, even I, your behind the scenes master, am guilty of going way off course, possibly even starting the whole thing, and I am sorry. This thread is about the horrible events that took place in Iraq one Wednesday, August 31 2005. May Allah have mercy on their martyred souls.

FlipTheState said:
You know...Bill O'Reilly would tell you that there's no such thing as reverse-sexism.... :cool:
Yeah well, that kind of makes my point that there is... :happysad:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
gurlgonewild said:
it baffles me how unacceptable it is to murder a woman, child, or an elderly person... unless, it's in the name of war and martyrdom. absolute bullshit, assholes.
They didn't exactly get murdered..

Have you ever been into a large croud? Like a music show or something.. You probably did. If a bunch of people suddently pushes the croud on one side, it will cause a domino-like effect, people will be squeezed etc. In a panic croud, the smaller and weaker will get squeezed or stomped to death....

A couple hundreds of them were squeezed between the bridge fence and the croud, and the fence broke, and they fell to their deaths...

So yeah.. It's horrible, but it's not murder. Unless you say the croud as a whole murdered them, then yes.