WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Iraqis to Get Legal Custody of Saddam, U.S. Guards Him

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) will be handed over to Iraqi justice Wednesday, two days after the country regained its sovereignty from the United States, but he will remain under U.S. guard to ensure he doesn't escape.

Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi said Tuesday that Saddam and up to 11 top members of his regime would appear before Iraqi judges to be charged Thursday, a day after the legal transfer, although the trial would take months.

How great would it be if they stood him back up as President....?

For comedic value only...

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
How great would it be if they stood him back up as President....?

For comedic value only...
actually, i haven't stopped rooting for it.

and to be very frank, in a nation with better-balanced and -checked power, saddam would probably raise a decently prosperous nation (you know, like iraq was before, but with less rule by intimidation).

of course, the first thing i buy that says "made in Iraq" is getting framed on my wall. now THAT will be weird.

~ dan ~