WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Is it possible for Saddam to get a fair trial?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I know i'd love to rip his head off, and pee down his neck personally but ASIDE from that... Do you think he can get a fair trial once he's released into Iraqi custody in a couple of weeks? Will he just be completely fucked by vengeful Iraqi's? Is he more likely to get a fair deal if he were to stay in US or world court hands? Will Batman's identity finally be revealed? Err, scratch that last question...

Speak your mind!

magnolia

Postaholic
The cunt is a coward. If he goes back, yes, there will be plenty of vengeful people, but u have to remember that many are still scared shitless of him and many still won't speak ill of him. So, I think as far as fairness goes, no, he won't be treated fairly by anyone, but I think that his countrymen shouldn't be the ones to procecute him either. Let the world leaders deal with one of their own. Any way u look at it, he's majoryly fucked. :(

no he can't get a fair trial......but he doesn't deserve one either.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
neckdemon said:
he will be released no doubt about it, the problem is is that he has all of those supporters behind him not the enemys infront of him.

Chris

Sick Bastard
neckdemon said:
I fully agree, he doesn't deserve one, however, he does have a chance of getting one...the bastard, all be cause of what Yuck Fou said

YUCK FOU!!! said:
he will be released no doubt about it, the problem is is that he has all of those supporters behind him not the enemys infront of him.
Ok, I dunno what the fuck you're talking about in the no enemies-infront-part, cuz' I was pretty sure he had them in front of him; anyway, he has all the supporters behind him from when he was the beloved president of the country, if they still really like him, the chances for him getting an unfair trial are very small, sadly...the US should make a vote for it, everyone should vote for either "fair trial" "unfair trial" "The Guillotine"(at that one point, the frech have some good stuff)

stoj

arsehole
Everyone deserves a fair trial... but I doubt his trial will be anything but a mock one.

Chris

Sick Bastard
Considering your sig, I am then a fuckwit...they should just execute him....with or without torture would be decided in an eventual trial...but I still stick the vote-thing, they should let all the countries who've had population losses in the war because of him vote for wether they should kill him or not...

stoj

arsehole
"Considering your sig, I am then a fuckwit" - nah, I don't take my sig seriously neither should anyone else.

"they should just execute him" - I disagree because that would be fundamentally opposed to the ideal that everybody is equal before the law and are presumed innocent until proven guilty. There are (fairly obvious) reasons for these and if reports on Saddam are anything to go by he's guilty of breaking them (and then some). Why should we lower ourselves to that kind of level? Assuming you live in a 'democracy' that gives you these terrible protections I suggest you move to some police state (I hear Burma is great this time of year) or failing that just hope that one day you don't get bit in the ass by being presumed guilty for something yourself. You too neckdemon.