WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Is my son a computer hacker?

I found this article a while back when I was bored and looking for a laugh. It tells about a father's observation of his son and his thoughts of what a computer hacker is.

The article is just funny, because of the level of ignorance that the father displays.

A quip from the page:

"Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash"."

You get the picture. The article can be found at http://adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

Happy reading! :D

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Actually, the article is a complete fake, designed to entertain the informed reader, and comes nowhere close to being serious. Why the fuck would you take this seriously unless you were as ignorant as you claim this person to be?
Stop wasting my time. Give me my five minutes back.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
OmegaZeto said:
Actually, the article is a complete fake, designed to entertain the informed reader, and comes nowhere close to being serious. Why the fuck would you take this seriously unless you were as ignorant as you claim this person to be?
it's a comedy site.

OmegaZeto said:
A) That's why I posted under humor

B) I didn't go all... OMG LOOK AT THIS IDIOT WTF NOOB like.

C) Refer to B.

D)I said that the level of ignorance that the father displayed which made it funny. It's different from claiming that the father is a complete moron/idiot.

E) I've been reading some of those articles already for a laugh, so I already know they're fake. If the dots cannot be connected, this article wasn't taken seriously by me.

F) I have never said that you had to go to this site. You had read the article by your own accord. Therefore, I am under no obligation to give back five minutes of your life back. :D

P.S.- The comments are good for a laugh too.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
It's all good man, no harm no foul. I found the site and the comments to be side-splitting funny.

And void? You try too hard. STOP TAKING ME SO SERIOUSLY!! OMG!!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
OmegaZeto said:
It's all good man, no harm no foul. I found the site and the comments to be side-splitting funny.

try using smilies then blue eyes..

i'm not a fucking mind reader.. ;)

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
OmegaZeto said:
OMG ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT I WATCH YUGIOH?! OMG OMG!
erm.. no.. yes?

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
void said:
erm.. no.. yes?

Have you seen the original of that pic on deviantart? Those eyes were originally skin-covered, and very eerie lookin. The smaller version that i edited looked a bit nicer, but i blew it up for sig use and so you can see the little jaggies where I didn't cut the flesh off the eyes nicely enough.

And the yugioh joke was about how they named a lot of things after their eye color like "red eyes black dragon"

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
OmegaZeto said:
You know, you could have pulled off the "I was only playing along" thing if you hadn't said void tries too hard. His post was about as blunt as it gets. Next time, just save time and admit you didn't know what you were talking about.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:
You know, you could have pulled off the "I was only playing along" thing if you hadn't said void tries too hard. His post was about as blunt as it gets. Next time, just save time and admit you didn't know what you were talking about.
the internets.. easily misunderstood business. :thumbsup:

poster1: it's black. it's always been black. it can't be white!!
poster2: it is white.
poster1: i was joking. you take me too seriously. you fail.
poster2: oh. i thought i read other words but because there wasn't any pixelated emotion symbols i admit i was wrong.
poster3: i think i understand. poster1 is drunk.

Jung

???
Premium
It's amazing how some people can turn even the most benign topics into utter stupidity. :rolleyes:

pwnij

Banned - What an Asshat!
Oh Ma Gawd That Is Your Son A Hacker Site Is Fucking Hilarious
It Earned A Spot On My Bookmarks