WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Is pirating the movie Passions of Christ wrong?

Is pirating the movie Passions Of Christ wrong?

• No.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Yes and you're going to hell for it too!

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
The base question is Is pirating the movie Passions of Christ wrong? Please explain why you feel the way you do.

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
I choosed no cuz this movie sucks, Gibson sucks and all this story is too fishy :mfinger:

Smiss

smissinat0r
Well, technically pirating ANY movie is bad... Yaarrr

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
BAd??? For whom? :mfinger:

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
Smiss said:
Well, technically pirating ANY movie is bad... Yaarrr
:: nods :: It's no more wrong that pirating anything else.

But I still chose option three ;P

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I may be going to hell, but not specificly for that...

First of all, the general rule is that pirating any movie is wrong. But there are exceptions...

The way I see it, it's wrong [in the most immoral sense] to profit off of items relating to God. If one is truely religious, they wouldn't profit off anything even remotely related to their religion. If anyone is profiting off that movie, then they will be the ones going to hell.

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah ... We should to do it with him after Mad Max :mfinger:

I think the movie was a 2 hour bloodfest, nothing more. It was disturbingly violent to some extent, but I enjoyed it. :)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Only need to wave bye-bye if you figure you won't be going to hell as well... ;)

Sod

Spilly Talker
pirating any movies isn't wrong, why pay when you can get it for free :D

Smiss

smissinat0r
Yes. Let's rip off everyone that put their work into making those movies.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Nah, fuck it Mel's got enough money. I think he should be fined for putting another just what the world fucking :bomb: needed christian movie out there. Face it, he just stuck it to the whole world.
Perphaps SOD can plant his Penis Farm in Mels front yard. Just a thought.

I think the question is why would you WANT to pirate that movie?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
meezercat said:
Ahh... You mean you aren't going to follow the flock? Can you also think for yourself? Amen brother.

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
meezercat said:
Who told You that I WANT TO PIRATE THAT MOVIE? This is stupid flix ... I don't like to watch it at all ... even if You will give me free tickets ... :mfinger:

I do not see a crime in stealing movies.

Crocto

Cynicism Rules
seeing how all pirating is wrong....

and its a movie about JC come on people, use your brain! who cares if the ticket cost 9$ just see and shut up or don't. if everyone stopped going to movies than no one could charge 9$ to see.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Come on Crocto, you don't find it the least bit immoral and blasphemous to profit off people's religous beliefs?

Smiss

smissinat0r
Broken said:
Nah, fuck it Mel's got enough money. I think he should be fined for putting another just what the world fucking :bomb: needed christian movie out there. Face it, he just stuck it to the whole world.
Perphaps SOD can plant his Penis Farm in Mels front yard. Just a thought.

OH! Silly me. I thought there were a bunch of other people working on the movie doing things like sets and props and lighting and sound... I didn't realize that Mel Gibson was such a multifaceted person to do an entire movie by himself and still look like different people all the while.