WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

IS there intelligent life?

Athare

Fresh Meat
I really need to start this thread in order to find intelligent life out there. I work for an internet company and get ridiculously dumb questions every day.

For instance, we had a client calling in who had great difficulty installing software. She eventually reached a point where she couldn’t continue. After about 15 minutes of probing to find the fault she read what it was showing on the screen. “Click next to continue” then she asks… “What do I do now?” Honestly, I think that was pretty self explanatory.

The other one just took the cake… Incompetence comes in all forms. A guy phoned in and was highly upset about not being able to connect to the internet “It’s your entire fault”. He also didn’t fail to mention his current position at the company (Network Administrator). Now with that in mind and said I thought the call wouldn’t last that long but, when I asked the guy to go to “Control Panel” he stayed away for 5 minutes only to report back that he has opened the control panel but there are too many switches. It turns out he opened the mains box. FYI the call lasted 1:30 (Double clicking seemed to be a major issue)

Now when it comes to computers, internet and everything else tech… I think people have become lazy when using common sense. They open something, see all the options and go DUMB!

Insanitee

I know where you live!
LOL, sometime's people and computers just don't work!!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Some people, really need to find some other hobby, maybe they need to go read a book or something. That's just silly.

It turns out he opened the mains box. FYI the call lasted 1:30 (Double clicking seemed to be a major issue)

:rotflmao:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
People cannot limit their stupidity to non-computer activities, much to the saddness of all. I only hope you manage to help someone with a real computer problem now and then, just to spice things up.

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
I regularly get asked some stupid questions. Once my lecturer asked why he couldn't see anything on the screen. The computer was turned on and everything was plugged in. Then i looked over asked if the monitor was swithced on and he said yes. After a few minutes more of trying everything I looked over and the power wasn't even turned on.

star99ers

One of a kind
One time my friend was being an idiot and was Randomly deleting things, so his Computer wouldn't start up and I had to re-install Windows for him.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Athare said:
I really need to start this thread in order to find intelligent life out there. I work for an internet company and get ridiculously dumb questions every day.

For instance, we had a client calling in who had great difficulty installing software. She eventually reached a point where she couldn’t continue. After about 15 minutes of probing to find the fault she read what it was showing on the screen. “Click next to continue” then she asks… “What do I do now?” Honestly, I think that was pretty self explanatory.

The other one just took the cake… Incompetence comes in all forms. A guy phoned in and was highly upset about not being able to connect to the internet “It’s your entire fault”. He also didn’t fail to mention his current position at the company (Network Administrator). Now with that in mind and said I thought the call wouldn’t last that long but, when I asked the guy to go to “Control Panel” he stayed away for 5 minutes only to report back that he has opened the control panel but there are too many switches. It turns out he opened the mains box. FYI the call lasted 1:30 (Double clicking seemed to be a major issue)

Now when it comes to computers, internet and everything else tech… I think people have become lazy when using common sense. They open something, see all the options and go DUMB!
My mother pulls that shit all the time...

"Jim! What do I do now?!"

"Um...Mom, it says right there."

"No wait...okay, I've got it."

Before she could use IE, and when we had to let my grandma pick out gifts, I would make her use my Dreamcast on a 32" TV.
And she still couldn't use that - WITH THE OFFICIAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.

She's much better now. But she still sucks :thumbsup:.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I know what you're going through. It's always fun when they can't right of left click. I had one customer, his kid had moved the IE icon to the other side of ther desktop and he accused us of takeing away his internet.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Descent said:
Before she could use IE, and when we had to let my grandma pick out gifts, I would make her use my Dreamcast on a 32" TV.
And she still couldn't use that - WITH THE OFFICIAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.
She's much better now. But she still sucks :thumbsup:.
Lol, cut grandma some slack!
My granny doesn't even know how to turn a computer on.