WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Is this legal?

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
I'll make it short. I had a job, I quit. I got my paycheck today. I will have a paycheck next Thursday because I worked about 3 days this week. They told me that my entire check will be the minimum wage which is $5.15 an hour because I fucking quit. Is that shit even LEGAL? :mfinger:

Lost86 said:
I'll make it short. I had a job, I quit. I got my paycheck today. I will have a paycheck next Thursday because I worked about 3 days this week. They told me that my entire check will be the minimum wage which is $5.15 an hour because I fucking quit. Is that shit even LEGAL? :mfinger:
In most cases, they would be required to pay you, whatever wage you were being pad before hand. However, that depends a lot on company policy. Before hired you signed papers, in which you agreed to certian terms. In those papers a clause may exist, protecting your employer. The manner in which you left, normally decides a employers actions in cases, such as this.

My advice is to discuss this with an attorney. Due to the fact, clauses like this, rarely exist, I’d say you have decent grounds for law-suit.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
Taylor_Blade said:
In most cases, they would be required to pay you, whatever wage you were being pad before hand. However, that depends a lot on company policy. Before hired you signed papers, in which you agreed to certian terms. In those papers a clause may exist, protecting your employer. The manner in which you left, normally decides a employers actions in cases, such as this.

My advice is to discuss this with an attorney. Due to the fact, clauses like this, rarely exist, I’d say you have decent grounds for law-suit.
Yeah, my dumbass probably signed some papers. First of all, this is a staffing service. At the "orientation" the only mention of minimum wage was if you showed up to work late without informing anyone. I'm going to go to this joke of a place tomorrow and request to see the exact form I signed. When they hand it to me, I'm going to tear it up. Think that'll work? :happysad:

Lost86 said:
Yeah, my dumbass probably signed some papers. First of all, this is a staffing service. At the "orientation" the only mention of minimum wage was if you showed up to work late without informing anyone. I'm going to go to this joke of a place tomorrow and request to see the exact form I signed. When they hand it to me, I'm going to tear it up. Think that'll work? :happysad:
Approach it professionally, that's your best bet. Although, your frustration is very understandable.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
In Canada, there is a place called Employment Standards, which helps employees know their rights and give you the latest regulations cause the law changes so often. Maybe there's something in the US that is similar. But to me it sounds wrong. If you quit for a legit reason and not just because you were lazy then you should be entitled to your full pay, but Canadian and American laws are very different(I think). Good Luck!!!

keebs

Particinator
at my work i signed a paper saying if i quite without 2 weeks notice my pay is droped to 5.15 and that legal

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
they are required to pay you whatever your wages were agreed to for the time you worked... in other words if you signed an agreement you would work for minimum wage during your orientation/training period.. thats what you get... if you were to be paid 9 bux an hour for that period.. you get 9 bux an hour.... unless you went and signed some agreement that you would only get minimum wage should you be terminated or quit within the orientation/training period..

bnccoder

Postaholic
Chances are they covered their ass on that one. Take a professional approach and try to find out why they did it.