WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Israel: Sharon defies court over barrier

morelos

lexicon incognito
from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3884887.stm

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has ordered building work to continue on Israel's West Bank barrier, despite a World Court ruling that it is illegal.

Mr Sharon vowed "to fight, using all diplomatic and legal means", against Friday's ruling by the UN's top court.

related link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3881799.stm (this is a much more accessible read)

His statement came hours after a 19-year-old female soldier was killed by a bomb in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.

Mr Sharon said the court ruling was one-sided and had encouraged the attack - the first deadly bombing since March.

Five people were seriously injured in the blast, which went off near a bus stop early on Sunday morning. A number of others were treated for shock or light wounds.

Speaking shortly afterwards, Mr Sharon told a cabinet meeting that the perpetrators of the attack had been encouraged by the court's decision.

"The murderous act that was carried out this morning was the first to occur under the patronage of the World Court's decision," he said.

"I want to make clear, the state of Israel absolutely rejects the ruling [of the court]. It is a one-sided and politically motivated ruling."

Israel insists the barrier is needed to prevent suicide bombings. Palestinians consider it a land grab.

The International Court of Justice in The Hague, in its non-binding ruling, said the barrier - parts of which encroach on occupied territory - could not be justified by Israeli security concerns and should be torn down.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan on Sunday urged Israel to accept the ruling, which is expected to be debated at the UN this week.

"While we accept that the government of Israel has the responsibility and duty to protect its citizens, any action it takes has to be in conformity with international law," he said.

Israel is counting on the US to use its veto in the UN Security Council to block any Palestinian attempts to have the ruling enforced.

The Palestinians plan to seek support in the UN General Assembly but indicated on Sunday that they would not push for a Security Council resolution until after November's presidential elections in the US.

In Sunday's attack, a 2kg (five-pound) bomb containing metal bolts exploded near Tel Aviv's central bus station.

"Suddenly a large boom, a cloud of black and all the bus was covered... the windows blew out," bus driver Eyal Gazit told Israel's Army Radio.

"There were screams... the passengers were jumping over each other trying to escape from the bus."

The militant Palestinian group al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades has said it carried out the attack, to avenge the deaths of members killed by Israel.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat condemned the attack, the first deadly blast in Israel since 14 March, when 10 Israelis were killed in a double suicide bombing in the port city of Ashdod.

---

~ dan ~

my opinion? i look at that first picture and i think to myself, "damn, which side is the prison on?"

morelos

lexicon incognito
no shit. but think about this: the israeli government frequently bulldozes palestinian homes, displacing hundreds and often killing into the dozens. the palestinians are less than second class citizens there, and it's because israel was INSTALLED over the nation of palestine after the Great War.

now that's FUCKED UP.

"we're gonna put you next to your mortal enemy. now play nice!"

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
history is full of shitty take overs... hell the American Indians are still complaining, like I am gonna just apologize and roll back to Ireland...

blowing ones self up doesn't bring the solution any closer to realization..
I think like alot of "special interests"... bad term for this I know but ohhh well... are headed by gangsters that line their own pockets and spew drivel at the expense of the average citizen that they claim to represent... spreading hate further....

~the other Dan~ <---- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I figured I would get a comment or two from ya, dan cause I used this to sign off my last couple of replies.. ohhh well guess it went unnoticed

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has ordered building work to continue on Israel's West Bank barrier, despite a World Court ruling that it is illegal.

Mr Sharon vowed "to fight, using all diplomatic and legal means", against Friday's ruling by the UN's top court.

~ dan ~

my opinion? i look at that first picture and i think to myself, "damn, which side is the prison on?"
This is one of those issues I wish I could give a shit about. You've got war loving bastards on both sides, fueled by religion. There will be peace only when they are all dead.

I'm sure there are intelligent people on both sides, but obviously they don't have a say...

morelos

lexicon incognito
vor said:
I'm sure there are intelligent people on both sides, but obviously they don't have a say...
you can 'say' louder with a gun or a car-bomb. fortunately the more intelligent of us are less willing to use those measures. unfortunately it makes us the least heard.

vor said:
This is one of those issues I wish I could give a shit about. You've got war loving bastards on both sides, fueled by religion. There will be peace only when they are all dead.
that's true, too; i only feel bad because america and england kinda started it by putting them there.

dangeo23 said:
~the other Dan~
i see your point about the imitation thing, but i know you're not seriously trying to suck up to me; you seem to have conflicting views and to dislike me. moreover, i find doing that (referring to yourself as "the other" anything) to be a little off-putting and self-deprecating. it's gonna be confusing having two guys running around with 'dan' in their sigs, but i'm sure you can come up with a more elegant solution than that (translation: i'm certainly not going to change) =-]

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:
i see your point about the imitation thing, but i know you're not seriously trying to suck up to me; you seem to have conflicting views and to dislike me. moreover, i find doing that (referring to yourself as "the other" anything) to be a little off-putting and self-deprecating. it's gonna be confusing having two guys running around with 'dan' in their sigs, but i'm sure you can come up with a more elegant solution than that (translation: i'm certainly not going to change) =-]

~ dan ~

~the other Dan~

Funny!

~Not Dan~

HiaWataH

So what i give a respons
If the goverment of the V.S. stops supporting Israel...well that is a start...
But that goverment doesn't want to stop supporting jews, because of money. There are more jews in the States than in Israel. So if all those jews in Israel, move to the states, become an american citizen. Problem solved....

Than the money is where it belongs, in the States. And the goverment of the States can focuse their shit on something else.

and people in palestina run their lives without bombing jews who are showing what they have learned in W2 from the Germans.

The world is now waiting until they are going to build Gasrooms...like the germans did in W2 for the jews.

Jews from this time, hypocrytic pigs, who support building the wall, they deserve a bullet and if thatisn't possible at least a bomb...

If the goverment of the V.S. can't even solve this problem, they can't even solve other problems in the world...like the war in Iraq.

R

RedOctober

The problems in the middle east are the oldest trick in the Anglo-American magic book. Create a power consumptioning black hole by putting rivalry between tribes to a peak. Just by letting cats and dogs into one cage, with enough possibilities to keep up a guerilla war.

Yawn...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
morelos said:
i see your point about the imitation thing, but i know you're not seriously trying to suck up to me; you seem to have conflicting views and to dislike me. moreover,
I don't dislike you.. that would be stupid to hate someone because we have differing views...
I only did it for a little chuckle in other threads ... but you didn't comment on it so I thought I would bring it to your attention...

~ ><((((º> ~

Pachyderm

I really did.
morelos said:

related link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3881799.stm (this is a much more accessible read)

His statement came hours after a 19-year-old female soldier was killed by a bomb in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.

Mr Sharon said the court ruling was one-sided and had encouraged the attack - the first deadly bombing since March.

Five people were seriously injured in the blast, which went off near a bus stop early on Sunday morning. A number of others were treated for shock or light wounds.

Speaking shortly afterwards, Mr Sharon told a cabinet meeting that the perpetrators of the attack had been encouraged by the court's decision.

"The murderous act that was carried out this morning was the first to occur under the patronage of the World Court's decision," he said.

"I want to make clear, the state of Israel absolutely rejects the ruling [of the court]. It is a one-sided and politically motivated ruling."

Israel insists the barrier is needed to prevent suicide bombings. Palestinians consider it a land grab.

The International Court of Justice in The Hague, in its non-binding ruling, said the barrier - parts of which encroach on occupied territory - could not be justified by Israeli security concerns and should be torn down.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan on Sunday urged Israel to accept the ruling, which is expected to be debated at the UN this week.

"While we accept that the government of Israel has the responsibility and duty to protect its citizens, any action it takes has to be in conformity with international law," he said.

Israel is counting on the US to use its veto in the UN Security Council to block any Palestinian attempts to have the ruling enforced.

The Palestinians plan to seek support in the UN General Assembly but indicated on Sunday that they would not push for a Security Council resolution until after November's presidential elections in the US.

In Sunday's attack, a 2kg (five-pound) bomb containing metal bolts exploded near Tel Aviv's central bus station.

"Suddenly a large boom, a cloud of black and all the bus was covered... the windows blew out," bus driver Eyal Gazit told Israel's Army Radio.

"There were screams... the passengers were jumping over each other trying to escape from the bus."

The militant Palestinian group al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades has said it carried out the attack, to avenge the deaths of members killed by Israel.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat condemned the attack, the first deadly blast in Israel since 14 March, when 10 Israelis were killed in a double suicide bombing in the port city of Ashdod.

---

~ dan ~

Looks like another Berlin wall to me. Maybe in 20 years, they'll look like they did in 1989. (outdated cars, clothes...food.)
No but seriously. I don't know what I am supposed to think about that, I think it could be a land grab, but It's hard to say.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
HiaWataH said:
If the goverment of the V.S. stops supporting Israel...well that is a start...
But that goverment doesn't want to stop supporting jews, because of money. There are more jews in the States than in Israel. So if all those jews in Israel, move to the states, become an american citizen. Problem solved....

Than the money is where it belongs, in the States. And the goverment of the States can focuse their shit on something else.

and people in palestina run their lives without bombing jews who are showing what they have learned in W2 from the Germans.

The world is now waiting until they are going to build Gasrooms...like the germans did in W2 for the jews.

Jews from this time, hypocrytic pigs, who support building the wall, they deserve a bullet and if thatisn't possible at least a bomb...

If the goverment of the V.S. can't even solve this problem, they can't even solve other problems in the world...like the war in Iraq.
Not only are you mentally unbalanced, you are a racist.

The U.S. is not responsible for fixing the Israel\Palestineian problem.

morelos

lexicon incognito
vor said:
Not only are you mentally unbalanced, you are a racist.

The U.S. is not responsible for fixing the Israel\Palestineian problem.
not racist, more like 'bigoted nationalist.'

but we did help to create that problem by CREATING the state of israel over the state of palestine.

HiaWataH

So what i give a respons
morelos said:
but we did help to create that problem by CREATING the state of israel over the state of palestine.
finaly somebody who admits....

morelos

lexicon incognito
hiawatah said:
finaly somebody who admits....
i freely admit that we've been part of the problem as much as we've been part of the solution, and that we need to be less of the former and more of the latter.

i don't like living in the "jesse jackson" of nations.

HiaWataH

So what i give a respons
morelos said:
i freely admit that we've been part of the problem as much as we've been part of the solution, and that we need to be less of the former and more of the latter.

i don't like living in the "jesse jackson" of nations.
true....* thanks *