WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Italian Journalist Rejects U.S. Account

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
edub1371 said:
Funny thing uber, We wrote pretty much the same shit and posted it at the same time.....Something about great minds in there somewhere.
What, that they are filled with the same smelly shit?

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Skitch0o0 said:
What, that they are filled with the same smelly shit?

Ummm yeah, sure kid. What ever makes you sleep better. By the way, octagonal means: having the shape of an octagon. Way to go idiot (You brought that on yourself with that smelly shit remark.).

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
edub1371 said:
Ummm yeah, sure kid. What ever makes you sleep better. By the way, octagonal means: having the shape of an octagon. Way to go idiot (You brought that on yourself with that smelly shit remark.).
Um... I´m a math teacher. Yes, I know what an octagon is. In fact, I can even tell you the sum of the interior angles, the value of each individual interior angle and even give you a formula to find both of those for any n-sided polygon. Granted, sarcasm doesn´t always carry well over the net. But I´m glad you made good use of the cliché stab at my "age" by calling me kid. Oh, my inner-child rejoices at the recognition. Thanks. You have fallen victim to a stupid question. Glad you answered it?

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Anything that I can do to help... Im glad that you can do all of the nifty angle stuff. What really impresses me is that you can pose a question that sounds like a serious question. Especially the fact that you can manipulate it to seem like a stupid question when you get an answer that you already knew making you feel dumb. Like I said whatever I can do to help. :p

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
edub1371 said:
Anything that I can do to help... Im glad that you can do all of the nifty angle stuff. What really impresses me is that you can pose a question that sounds like a serious question. Especially the fact that you can manipulate it to seem like a stupid question when you get an answer that you already knew making you feel dumb. Like I said whatever I can do to help. :p
I'm still a little confused though, and since you love to help, I figured I could ask you. If they use the same octoganal signs, and they say stop in both Arabic AND English, how do they fit it all on one sign? Or are you telling me that they now actually have multiple signs. I'm also curious where are all these red, octagonal stop signs in Iraq. Have you seen them? I can't seem to find any.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
They make the signs, sparky......c'mon now. Its not that difficult to make a sign out of sheet metal, red paint, and the help of an interpreter. There is, as you can imagine, plenty of sheet metal over there. You're a teacher, I wouldn't expect you to see the stop signs in iraq. I wouldn't expect you to know all of this, so please, PLEASE stop acting like you do!

Infidel

The Militia
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press

ROME - The Italian journalist wounded by American troops in Iraq after her release by insurgents rejected the U.S. military's account of the shooting and declined Sunday to rule out the possibility she was deliberately targeted. The White House said it was a "horrific accident" and promised a full investigation.

Meanwhile, an autopsy performed on the agent who died trying to save Giuliana Sgrena reportedly showed he was struck in the temple by a single round and died instantly as the car carrying Sgrena sped to the Baghdad airport.

Friday's shooting that wounded the 56-year-old journalist and killed Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari as they were celebrating her freedom has fueled anti-American sentiment in a country where people are deeply opposed to U.S. policy in Iraq.

But government officials indicated the shootings would not affect the decision by Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi — a strong U.S. ally — to maintain 3,000 troops in Iraq to help secure peace in the country.

"The military mission must carry on because it consolidates democracy and liberty in Iraq," Communications Minister Maurizio Gasparri was quoted as saying by the ANSA news agency. "On the other hand, we must control — but not block — the presence of civilians and journalists, who must observe rules and behavior to reduce the risks."

Sgrena, who works for the communist daily Il Manifesto, did not rule out that she was targeted, saying the United States likely disapproved of Italy's methods to secure her release, although she did not elaborate.

"The fact that the Americans don't want negotiations to free the hostages is known," Sgrena told Sky TG24 television by telephone, her voice hoarse and shaky. "The fact that they do everything to prevent the adoption of this practice to save the lives of people held hostages, everybody knows that. So I don't see why I should rule out that I could have been the target."

Italian officials have not provided details about the negotiations leading to Sgrena's release Friday after a month in captivity, but Agriculture Minister Giovanni Alemanno was quoted as saying it was "very likely" a ransom was paid. U.S. officials object to ransoms, saying it encourages further kidnappings.

White House counselor Dan Bartlett said Sunday the shootings were a "horrific accident" and pointed out that President Bush had called Berlusconi to offer condolences and promise a full investigation.

"As you know, in a situation where there is a live combat zone, particularly this road to the airport, has been a notorious area for car bombs, that people are making split-second decisions, and it's critically important that we get the facts before we make judgments," Bartlett said on CNN's "Late Edition."

The U.S. military has said the car Sgrena was riding in was speeding, and Americans used hand and arm signals, flashing white lights and warning shots to get it to stop at the roadblock.

But in an interview with Italian La 7 TV, Sgrena said, "There was no bright light, no signal." She also said the car was traveling at "regular speed."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would she lie
Yes she would.

She is a asshat communist who writes for a left wing rag.

As we all know, Communists are the same anal warts who parade against imperialism or some horseshit and war. The fact that the US Army fucked up, or rather, the goddamn driver fucked up, is a perfect opportunity for her to smear the Army, the war and protray us as warmongering imperialists.

It perfectly suits her agenda.

I cannot stand fuckwit communists, including her and I am all the more irritated that the bullet didn't take her ass out instead of the agent.

She can die and go to hell.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
edub1371 said:
They make the signs, sparky......c'mon now. Its not that difficult to make a sign out of sheet metal, red paint, and the help of an interpreter. There is, as you can imagine, plenty of sheet metal over there. You're a teacher, I wouldn't expect you to see the stop signs in iraq. I wouldn't expect you to know all of this, so please, PLEASE stop acting like you do!
I still have yet to see a single red, octagonal stop sign in Iraq...