WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Itchy Spotted Arms

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I got this from... I don't know what... I have no clue what it is, it just itches quite a bit... i think they're just itchy dots, and will go away... Or they might be an allergic reaction to something or other... *shrug* either way, here's some pics of my itchy spots!

Jung

???
Premium
Ever had Chicken Pox? It could also be Poison Ivy as if you've been outside somewhere near it.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Yeah, I've had chicken pox... And if it were poison ivy it would be on my legs, not on my shoulders and arms... I think it's on my back too...

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
I had a similar reaction when wearing bought clothes straight from the shop. Could of been one of the chemicals they spray 'em with. I just put them straight in the wash and had a shower, the problem was resolved after that. I haven't had the same problem since though. Must of been a freak incident. :confused:

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Piro said:
I had a similar reaction when wearing bought clothes straight from the shop. Could of been one of the chemicals they spray 'em with. I just put them straight in the wash and had a shower, the problem was resolved after that. I haven't had the same problem since though. Must of been a freak incident. :confused:
Actually, I wore a Bad Religion shirt straight from the vendor at the concert I went to because the one I was wearing was soaked with sweat ... Thats probably where it came from (Even though I threw it in the wash when I got home, and there was a distinct layer of sweat between me and the shirt...)

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Well get cleaned up, turn down your heating and dont scratch it! Should pass. Prolly a good idea to let some air at it too.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Piro said:
Well get cleaned up, turn down your heating and dont scratch it! Should pass. Prolly a good idea to let some air at it too.
The thing is - Concert was on Monday, i've cleaned the shirt and myself numerous times since, and I'm sitting here without a shirt on, in the basement ... in Canada... heh :)I'm scratching quite a bit though :(

wilko125

Rep My Post
Could also be hives, they are itchy fucking lumps that happen when i/we OD on sugar. ARGH

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
wilko125 said:
Could also be hives, they are itchy fucking lumps that happen when i/we OD on sugar. ARGH
Or you're allergic to something.. or you they could be heatbumps.
I doubt flea bites, they are normally quite open, and scab while healing, and bleed a lot.

Might be body lice....

It could have come from being in close proximity with people with body lice or the vendor had sold you a shirt full of lice eggs...

SUE, GO SUE HIM NOW. :D

Boycott

Soul Doubt
My mom just nicely informed me that there was bleach in the detergant she was using.
Thanks mom :thumbsup:

I suppose I have sensitive skin?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Boycott said:
My mom just nicely informed me that there was bleach in the detergant she was using.
Thanks mom :thumbsup:

I suppose I have sensitive skin?

Possible, or if you have similar itchy places between your fingers it is probably body lice, commonly known as scabies. Easily treatable with lotion.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Lol, she came down and told me that she was all itchy too lately... And then told me there was bleach in the detergant (which is different, i spose?) ...

I don't have body lice or scabies :p

if your mom is itchy it has to be something you both have been around. If it wasnt on your shoulders i would say maybe chiggers... tiny bugs that live in weeds and get on you around ankles usually, get on where clothes are tight, also waist bands... if you ever get them use clear nail polish and cover them with it, it sufficates them because they are really animals, but thats not what you have now, i was just lettin you know ffr. proabably the bleach though.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Did you recently get new laundry detergent? My dad and my sister sometimes have reactions to certain kinds of detergents. Did you change anything with your washing ways?