WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

It's official! The Ultra X-Connect sucks!

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://powmax.com/mainpower.htm

EDIT: POWMAX DOES NOT SEEM TO SUPPORT HOT LINKING...

Skip that shit, buy a Sparkle or an MGE Magnum.

This has been a Public Service Announcement, made possible by cheap asses like you.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Another incredibly insightful post with no information whatsoever to back up the opinion.

For example, it might help to say WHY it sucks. For example, are you saying it sucks because of it's affiliation with Powmax? That it comes in ugly colors? That it doesn't work at all, except in pictures?

And yes, I know why they're not that good. But then, I didn't go to the trouble of creating a thread to say so.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Why bother backing up a statement as to why PowMax sucks?

The people who would plunk down $100 for a shit PSU like that would already know that they are teh gay.

Noobs just buy the cheap shit, or use the crappy free ones that come with their case.

tzedek

Original Member
yeah, dont buy powmax. I bought a used antec of ebay a while ago, and it came in a 450w powmax box. :lol: what a moron

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:
Uhhh mostly because otherwise nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about or where you're coming from. That way we won't make the same mistake you did and buy one.

If you can't back up the statement you sound like a moron bitching about nothing. "Fox sucks" Why? Cuz of all the lame ass reality shows? The crapy programming? The fact that they're 5 minutes off schedule from everyone else so if you channel hop you miss part of some other show?

Saying something sucks doesn't make it suck. Explain WHY it sucks.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Okay. I'll explain why they suck.

Average MTBF is one week. Tops.

Voltages. 'Nuff said. They're lower than a bipolar kid's head after his girlfriend dumps him.

They are fire hazards.

In the future, I'll say why. I always do, it's just that I assumed everyone here knew.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Why make the statement if you're not going to back it up with anything? Posting an opinion is fine, but you could at least say more than the equivalent to "OMG brand X suXorz."

You tend to make A LOT of threads about shitty hardware, I'd just like to read one that actually conveys WHY it's shitty.
Descent said:
I assumed everyone here knew.
Then what is the point to these threads?