WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Its so hard finding a job

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#1
I've applied at so many places, and I haven't heard shit from them, I thought it would be easy to find a job before christmas and shit, apparently not. Even the mcdonalds won't call me back, blah.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,998
2,267
487
#2
If you're in college then student work, if not register for college. Finding employment will always be hard if you don't get an education.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#3
junglizm said:
If you're in college then student work, if not register for college. Finding employment will always be hard if you don't get an education.
I'm finishing up school, but in the meantime I have to look for a part time job. After I get to live on my own and shit, I'll go into college.
 
10,772
83
253
#4
Hey, I just lost my job as well. Bastards closed down the business on me when I was on sick leave. Some seriously fucked up shit.

But on a lighter note, I have plenty of time to get out there and get my ass in school.

Like Jungy said, we won't get anywhere these days without an education.
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#5
even Micky Ds.. prolly has piss tests.. so you are prolly better off that they denied you without you having to fill out papers...
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
61
112
#6
smoke-it said:
I've applied at so many places, and I haven't heard shit from them, I thought it would be easy to find a job before christmas and shit, apparently not. Even the mcdonalds won't call me back, blah.
Tell me about it. I keep applying, doing follow up calls and getting nowhere. I'm still tryin cuz i need the money. We'll see where i get in the next week or so.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#7
DanGeo23 said:
even Micky Ds.. prolly has piss tests.. so you are prolly better off that they denied you without you having to fill out papers...
Who said i would fail the piss test?
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
1
0
#8
I applied at Best Buy for the x-mas season coming up. I haven't received a call back yet. The part that pisses me off the most is that their application is like a freaking BOOK! It took me 45 minutes to answer all of their stupid questions... It was a nightmare!

We'll see what happens....
 
124
0
0
#9
here in england theres jobs on offer every where and they accept you on the go
i just have trouble not getting fired all the time
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#10
ChilianFuckFace said:
I applied at Best Buy for the x-mas season coming up. I haven't received a call back yet. The part that pisses me off the most is that their application is like a freaking BOOK! It took me 45 minutes to answer all of their stupid questions... It was a nightmare!

We'll see what happens....
I did the same thing, took me like 50 minutes. It sucked. :thumbsdn:
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#11
You gotta be aggressive. Trust me, those places will NEVER call back. They only way you'll get hired is if you keep calling back and showing up and badgering them about it. That's how I got my last job.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#12
ferengi74656 said:
You gotta be aggressive. Trust me, those places will NEVER call back. They only way you'll get hired is if you keep calling back and showing up and badgering them about it. That's how I got my last job.
Hmm maybe I should try that. :thumbsup:
 

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
502
0
0
#13
If your having a hard time finding a job at a store try one of theese:

lawnmowing
webdesign (works for me ive seen ur photoshop ic ud be good at it)
acting - check ur paper always things available
tutoring - i did it before pay was ok for me $7 an hour

the best ones to ty i thinka re acting and web design you could have a career in either one of thoose as for example its unlikely you could suport yourself working at macdonalds.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#14
fuck_you said:
If your having a hard time finding a job at a store try one of theese:

lawnmowing
webdesign (works for me ive seen ur photoshop ic ud be good at it)
acting - check ur paper always things available
tutoring - i did it before pay was ok for me $7 an hour

the best ones to ty i thinka re acting and web design you could have a career in either one of thoose as for example its unlikely you could suport yourself working at macdonalds.
My photoshop? The picture in my profile? Kitana did that for me, I didn't do it.
 
4,248
1
0
#16
Smoke said:
I've applied at so many places, and I haven't heard shit from them, I thought it would be easy to find a job before christmas and shit, apparently not. Even the mcdonalds won't call me back, blah.
Do what I did. Get a job through one of your friends. If someone you know tells their boss that you want a job, when an opening comes, you get first dibs on it.
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#17
Find out what places are hiring all the time no matter what. Thats how I got my first job. I found out that this resturant was always hiring everyday. Now I got a new job just from working at my old one...lol. I was waiting on their table and they asked me about how I thought of a place down the road, I told them I thought it was alright. I found out he was a manager thier and owned the place...hehe. He ended up basically interviewing me there at my old job just talking to him and he told me i was hired. I never even filled out an application until my first day on that job. How cool was that, and this job is way fucking better than the job I had, that became ghetto as fuck anyway...lmao.
 

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
2,429
1
0
#18
It is hard to find a job, even with an education. I've got a degree in Computer Science, I live in California, and the software industry is still giving me the cold shoulder.
 

G_-FLaSH

Take it fer granted
69
0
0
#19
Woodreaux said:
It is hard to find a job, even with an education. I've got a degree in Computer Science, I live in California, and the software industry is still giving me the cold shoulder.
I hear the industry is goin all over seas. Question though, what [comp.] language is used the most?
 

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
2,429
1
0
#20
I really don't know which one is used the most overall. Based on job listings I would say either the C family of languages or VB. It's my strongest programming language, too.