Movies ITT we post our favorite indie/cult films

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
And being a huge Samurai movie fan, I think I'll take this opportunity to throw some Japanese movies into this foreign mix:
Yojimbo (a.k.a. For a fistful of Dollars. Scene for scene the same goddamn movie)
Seven Samurai (remade into The Magnificent Seven)
Ran
Just about anything by Kurosawa, he kicks undisputed ass. I still need to see Rashamon damnit.

Continuing:
Battle Royale
Lady Snowblood (Tarintino/Kill Bill fans should see these)

Eh, might as well include some anime cult classics too:
Ninja Scroll (you don't even have to like anime to enjoy this kickass movie. You just have to like ninjas and samurai as much as I do)
Ghost in the Shell
Akira

I'm not going to go too deep into the anime as I know it's a bit of an acquired taste, but those three are pretty much the titans which everyone should be aware of culturally.

Jung

???
Premium
Skorch said:
Lady Snowblood (Tarintino/Kill Bill fans should see these)
good choice:)

i'll add logans run also, i'm looking forward to the remake due out next year.

Havok

Mr. Ee
junglizm said:
good choice:)

i'll add logans run also, i'm looking forward to the remake due out next year.

No shit?

Wasn't aware there's gonna be a remake. What's the release date?

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
There all killer, heres a few I didn't see listed

Donnie Darko :bomb:
Deliverance
Repo man
The breakfast club (?)

:D

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Anybody who is interested in these types of movies HAS to see "Waking Life".

That movie blew my motherfucking mind. It is the only movie I'd ever call a "must-see".

Aside from that, "Handy Helps Out" is pretty damn cool...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
jstager said:
What is "Walking Life" about?

Highlight below... don't want to spoil it for people who want to watch it :thumbsup:

The entire movie is animated, but in an extremely eerie way. The movie is about a young man who gets hit by a car-boat (the car is a boat's hull on wheels). He then dies. The story is about his 12 minutes of brain activity, that to him feels like a lifetime. He spends them dreaming, and all of his dreams end with him waking up (only to realize that he's again dreaming). During his dreams, he talks about an absolutely enourmous range of subjects, including free will/determinationism, and many other fascinating topics. It's simply amazing.

It's definately one that you should see, and at the very least rent.