WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Japanese Siblings Live With Dead Parent

Jung

???
Premium
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...050308/ap_on_re_as/japan_decomposing_relative
8 minutes ago Strange News - AP

TOKYO - Police on Tuesday questioned three siblings after it was discovered they had been living with the decomposed corpse of their father for nearly a decade, an official said.

Police found the body of Kyujiro Kanaoka lying on a futon bed at the family's home in Itami city in Hyogo prefecture in western Japan, said a prefectural police spokesman, who declined to be identified.

Kanaoka's three elderly children, all in their 70s or older, told police they thought their father was still alive but that one of them recently had consulted a relative about the possibility that he might be dead, the spokesman said.

Police were investigating the cause of Kanaoka's death. Judging from the condition of his decomposed body, Kanaoka may have died as long as 10 years ago, the spokesman said.

Had he been alive, the man would be 107 years old. Hyogo prefecture had registered Kanaoka as its oldest living resident, public broadcaster NHK said.
:eek: What the fuck? How can you 'think' someone you live with is alive for 10 years, and not know they're actually dead?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
hmmm........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...All I can say is hmmmmmmmmmm........................................................................................wtf

Jap 1: No it's your turn to give dad a bath! Jap 2: No! I washed him last week !
Jap:3 Why is he so stiff? Man he sure does smell bad.
Jap 1:I think he has a skin condition he keeps "shedding."
Jap 3: Fine Ill give him a bath today but you have to tommorow.
lol how the fuck do you think he was still alive? fucktards.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
That is one of the more disturbing yet believable things I have heard in a while. First little bitty pieces of corn in your food, then, dueling card games, now, living with dead people...By the way does anyone else have an addiction for "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge"?

Going in the vein of what the liberal hater said, you think these retards would smell the foul stench of death on this man. Wasn't his body decomposing at all?

bnccoder

Postaholic
TheLampIncident said:
Going in the vein of what the liberal hater said, you think these retards would smell the foul stench of death on this man. Wasn't his body decomposing at all?
...or cold or getting levidity marks. If nothing else they should be charged with neglect. He would have bed sores if nothing else.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
What really gets me is who the fuck wants to live with their folks for that damn long?

By the time you're 70 you really shouldn't be living at home any more.

bnccoder

Postaholic
There are 3 homeless latinos that would agree with you. (This is not racism just a stereotype.)

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
UberSkippy said:
What really gets me is who the fuck wants to live with their folks for that damn long?

By the time you're 70 you really shouldn't be living at home any more.
It's just a difference of culture. In some countries the whole family lives together, uncles cousins grand fathers and great grandfathers.....

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
Weren't they worried about him not eating or drinking? :confuse: Gee look at Dad he sure does maintain his weight well for someone who never eats or drinks.

Sektor

Particinator
This is highly unlikely, but it's possible they didn't want to face the fact that their father was dead.

Of course, they could be just sick fucks. Yeah, that's it. I mean, if he was decomposing, there more than likely would have been worms and maggots all over the place, he would be a skeleton by now, (10 years is a long time to be laying there dead, and he more than likely didn't have formaldehyde in his system), and, as has been mentioned before, the smell would've been horrible.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
I'm thinking maybe (since they were all in their 70's or older) they had a touch of senility. It happens.
Also I'm betting they didn't have any pets.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I just thought about the bloating. Things only swell so much before they explode, and when they do they stink.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
People are crazy.

'Nuff said.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
*waiting for VOR or Rage to blame GWB for this one..*
it was because of oil... Haliburton paid them to say he was still alive...