WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Jimi Hendrix

So..Do you like jimi hendrix, dumbass?

• I know his shit and I fucking love it

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • I know his shit and I fucking hate it

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I only know a couple songs and I like it

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I only know a couple songs and I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I heard his name somewhere...

• Who the fuck is he? (I'm a retard)

• Total voters

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Do you like his shit?

For those who really know his shit.. What do you think of Castles made of Sand, isn't this song FUCKING AMAZING.

Zoso

Zappafied
jimi is the man... i feel that he was kinda sloppy for todays standards, but if he lived to see todays standards, the man would be freakin amazing. he was way ahead of his time with the styles and skill that he portrayed in his music. i think jimmy page was the only guitar player of his time that could come within any distance of competition.... well, maybe my man carlos but that was on a totally different style of guitar. yes, i like his music and i think there is not a guitar player like him and there never will be. he rocked and it sucks that he couldnt stay around long enough to see todays standards.... i think he would be so outta everyone elses league that he would be like, off by himself somewhere.... gotta love that acid! o well. guess well never know.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
yes i agree, but I think that people talk too much about his talent and not enough about his songs. I know some people who say "hendrix is one of the best guitarists of all times" but can't name 3 songs of him. He (still) fucking rocks

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jimi Hendrix is awesome. I've been to the Jimi Hendrix museum in Seattle and I can't help but love him. He's the world's last true virtuoso.

He pioneered the art of the modern guitar. I love Jimi Hendrix.

P.S.: It really makes me feel cool when my mom sings along whenever I listen to "Are You Experienced?".

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Jimi Hendrix, is one of THE best artists back in the day!
Along with Bob marley, The Who, The rolling stones etc.. Many more.

I'm grateful for how he was such a great artist yet, but not that he is not here today.
It's sad how most music today isn't as great as it used to be.

But you know how they say, History repeats itself.
Obviously you could never replace Jimi.

hove420

the shocka
jimmi inspired em to start playing guitar, then primus inspired me to play bass, been playing for about 6 years on both, its really cool

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
hove420 said:
jimmi inspired em to start playing guitar, then primus inspired me to play bass, been playing for about 6 years on both, its really cool
Les Claypool is a god of bass.

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
RageAgainst said:
Do you like his shit?

For those who really know his shit.. What do you think of Castles made of Sand, isn't this song FUCKING AMAZING.
Its amazing, I agree.

I still feel that he is SHIT, not the music.. The talent he had, why can't they give it to somebody who want kill themself in a stupid way? :thumbsdn:

I love castles made of sand, but my favorite is little wing, I just love that song :thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
MrNewbie said:
I love castles made of sand, but my favorite is little wing, I just love that song :thumbsup:
i actually prefer the stevie ray vaughan remake of that song, but ya, it kicks ass.

concerning the original statement, from what i've heard and researched, jimi hendrix is easily the most influencial and arguably most talented musician of all time in his genre of music, and quite possibly all time depending on your preferences.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
People who don't like Jimi Hendrix get leprosy and decay in their own heathen filth.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Go Jimi!

Guitar would not be where it is at today without him.

Actually, when i was at the Byron Bay Blues and Roots festival last month i saw a tribute band and they sounded exactly like him!!! awsome stuff...

rockmaiden04

From the Eastside
Jimmi Hendrix is great. Have any of you seen the Pepsi commercial where they showed a young kid that was portrayed as Jimmi and he was on his way to buy a soda. One side had Coke and the other had Pepsi. He ended up getting a Pepsi and saw a guitar shop where he decided to buy one. If he would have chosen the Coke, that's where the accordian shop was. It's been a while since the commercial was on; so, you might not have seen it.

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
LiberatioN said:
i actually prefer the stevie ray vaughan remake of that song, but ya, it kicks ass.

concerning the original statement, from what i've heard and researched, jimi hendrix is easily the most influencial and arguably most talented musician of all time in his genre of music, and quite possibly all time depending on your preferences.
Stevie Ray is my favorite of them all, just love him.. :thumbsup: